British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Yes he has had a bad injury and coming back, but obviously the come back hasn't gone as planned for both parties, how long do you give someone to come back to form? No doubt Kyle will be back next season for the pirates.

Thank you, that didn't hurt did it. He's had very little track time to get up to speed again. Still Matt knows whats best..

Thank you, that didn't hurt did it. He's had very little track time to get up to speed again. Still Matt knows whats best..

Alright Sarcastic.... sorry I'm not glued to the thread.... he's had quite a few Ippo meetings mind, and whats stopping him doing second halfs or a few training days? Yes its not race fitness, but its time on track.

Alright Sarcastic.... sorry I'm not glued to the thread.... he's had quite a few Ippo meetings mind, and whats stopping him doing second halfs or a few training days? Yes its not race fitness, but its time on track.

Me Sarcastic, thats a good one. Been called a lot of things in my time but never Sarcastic.. :rofl:

Would you like to tell us why ? Not hard to work out...

I'l ask you the same question, why ?

I've already answered that in my post that you've quoted. Because he was performing poorly. Nothing to do with averages like you stated in your previous post which is incorrect.

I never said i expected Starke to average 6 or 7, i would expect him to score aorund that mark from his 4 rides

So you don't expect starke to averge around 6 or 7 bit you do expect him to score that? If he scores 6 or 7vwhat do u expect him to average?

You spent lots of last season saying that Newman hadn't kicked on, was under performing etc. this season he has been worse but you complain about him being dropped?

I dont agree with Matt dropping him, but it all comes down to averages.

Can you explain how it comes down to averages when Starkes average is higher (or will be as soon as new averages are released)? In what way is it down to averages?
  • Like 1

Clearly Starke and Newman have similar averages and are therefore similar have similar ability, the problem is Newman is regarded very highly due to him being local, he loves the club and the fans relate to him. Unfortunately since his return from injury things havent gone as well as expected and Matt Ford decided to change now rather than risk his average dropping and unable to replace him at a later stage if needed.

From my point of view considering how he is regarded by most at Poole i would have thought he could have been given more time to get his form back which there are now signs that may be starting to happen

I am certain that Newman will get a place somewhere else and good luck to him, he is a nice guy and deserves it

If there is nothing to gain average wise between the two, I would have kept Kyle 100%. If there was a half point gain when the new averages come into effect, then I can understand Matts thinking in bringing in other changes elsewhere with extra maneuverbility.

What we need is the title of that Perry Como song.

What we need is the title of that Perry Como song.

That little known number "Extra Manoeuvrability"?

Or perhaps "Your Cheatin’ Heart" or "Naughty by Nature". [sorry Matt!]

Or Poole playing by the rules.......

"It's impossible"

What Kind of Fool Am I?

Oooo. this is thread that just keeps giving :P

That little known number "Extra Manoeuvrability"?

Or perhaps "Your Cheatin’ Heart" or "Naughty by Nature". [sorry Matt!]Or Poole playing by the rules.......

"It's impossible"

What Kind of Fool Am I?

Oooo. this is thread that just keeps giving :P

Lol! Very good!

I was thinking along the lines of Magic Moments.

• Like 1

I've already answered that in my post that you've quoted. Because he was performing poorly. Nothing to do with averages like you stated in your previous post which is incorrect.

It is correct. Say Matt hadn't had dropped Kyle and he continued to perform badly his average would have continued to drop and he would have had to drop 2 riders to get Starkey in. But being the voice of Somerset you would know that..

I was one of many poole fans who didn't agree with it, but Matts the boss.

Edited by Starman2006

You're right Gavan, who knows!

oh my words

bless you sniffy, mr nobody...........whatever you call yourself.

im honoured that you feel you admire me that much that you decide to change your name and avatar to be like mine.

one quick look on the profile shows your posts and who you are......................didnt think you like me that much.

how old are you seriously?...........im guessing 9-12 age range........................because if you are any older than your a bit of a pathetic weirdo.

Its good to show the true Poole fans what a prat you are ........well done

• Like 2

Ford knows how Poole fans feel .they want a winning team ..if starke does well and Poole do well they will forget about Newman in a couple of weeks ..speedway is a numbers game there is no time to be loyal .

Loyalty works both ways remember that believe it or not some fans do have a affinity with certain riders. Obviously you have never had that so you would not understand. Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Loyalty works both ways remember that believe it or not some fans do have a affinity with certain riders. Obviously you have never had that so you would not understand.

quite agree most poole supporters very dissapointed that kyle has gone shame its not like years ago when riders stayed with the same club for most of there careers

• Like 3

quite agree most poole supporters very dissapointed that kyle has gone shame its not like years ago when riders stayed with the same club for most of there careers

Ray we had Mike Keen, Clive Hitch , Barry Duke none of those were world champions. But they are still remembered fondly even now they all had affinity with the fans that means something.Your club had Pete Smith Tony Lewis x2 Middleditch all Poole through and through that has gone missing in speedway now.
  • Like 2

Ray we had Mike Keen, Clive Hitch , Barry Duke none of those were world champions. But they are still remembered fondly even now they all had affinity with the fans that means something.Your club had Pete Smith Tony Lewis x2 Middleditch all Poole through and through that has gone missing in speedway now.

don't forget geoff mudge
  • Like 2

I see Kasprzak made an emphatic return to Gorzow yesterday.....scoring a truly monumental 6+1.........looks like there'll be no change to his form when he returns, still, Poole sacked Kyle Newman so they will be untouchable now......not!!!!

• Like 2

I see Kasprzak made an emphatic return to Gorzow yesterday.....scoring a truly monumental 6+1.........looks like there'll be no change to his form when he returns, still, Poole sacked Kyle Newman so they will be untouchable now......not!!!!

Very true.

All Poole's issue stem from having an under performing number one.

I'm amazed that it's always other riders that have to pay the price for an under performer.

No doubt he will be back anytime soon. But will have anything changed?

• Like 2