British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Not getting on Starke just don't think he will improve us much. Newman paid 12 at home and paid 6 from 4 rides at Edinburgh who are a good team and Starke got 9 from 6 rides when he rode at Edinburgh so not much in it.

Improve us much.... so you think he will improve you a bit? End of the day, Newman was scoring pretty bad in both leagues, what does Paul have to beat to improve the Pirates, 4-5 points? Will be a doddle.

You had to replace Kyle with a fellow Brit, and there isn't much choice around, Paul will do a solid job I'm sure. Yes he won't be banging in wins left right and centre, but a solid middle order job.

• Like 1

Not getting on Starke just don't think he will improve us much. Newman paid 12 at home and paid 6 from 4 rides at Edinburgh who are a good team and Starke got 9 from 6 rides when he rode at Edinburgh so not much in it.

kyle fell whilst leading heat 8 as well so could and should have been 6 paid 9 from 4

Improve us much.... so you think he will improve you a bit? End of the day, Newman was scoring pretty bad in both leagues, what does Paul have to beat to improve the Pirates, 4-5 points? Will be a doddle.

You had to replace Kyle with a fellow Brit, and there isn't much choice around, Paul will do a solid job I'm sure. Yes he won't be banging in wins left right and centre, but a solid middle order job.

Paul Starke no better and no worse than Newman.

Newman has a better average in the top league this season than Starke, hence why Starke was sacked.

Im all for improving the team but sacking a loyal rider who is averaging more than his replacement just seems foolish.

Most teams sign riders to strengthen like Schlein for Skornicki and Riss for Clegg at Wolves.

Poole have replaced KK with Zengota and Newman with Starke.........neither strengthen the team

Edited by Gavan

Paul Starke no better and no worse than Newman.

Newman has a better average in the top league this season than Starke, hence why Starke was sacked.

Im all for improving the team but sacking a loyal rider who is averaging more than his replacement just seems foolish.

Most teams sign riders to strengthen like Schlein for Skornicki and Riss for Clegg at Wolves.

Poole have replaced KK with Zengota and Newman with Starke.........neither strengthen the team

Name a British rider who could replace Newman on his average and improve to the rate of Schlein for Skornicki say? Not possible, lets face it! Starke isn't a brilliant signing, but its certainly worth a punt, Paul will score similar to Kyle, and maybe a couple more. You can't expect to keep your team place riding crap all season, what message does it say to the other riders?

Name a British rider who could replace Newman on his average and improve to the rate of Schlein for Skornicki say? Not possible, lets face it! Starke isn't a brilliant signing, but its certainly worth a punt, Paul will score similar to Kyle, and maybe a couple more. You can't expect to keep your team place riding crap all season, what message does it say to the other riders?

There isn't one available we should have kept Kerr until Newman got his form back, all i am saying is there is little to be gained and because Newman is local alot of fans know him and is well liked. Starke was well liked too when he rode for us before and no doubt will be again but many fans have voiced their disapproval of the move.
  • Like 1

There isn't one available we should have kept Kerr until Newman got his form back, all i am saying is there is little to be gained and because Newman is local alot of fans know him and is well liked. Starke was well liked too when he rode for us before and no doubt will be again but many fans have voiced their disapproval of the move.

I agree, should of kept Kerr. There might be little to be gained, but there is also nothing to lose either IMO. I just think people should give Paul a break, he's been superb for the Panthers this season, upped his average and been the most consistent performer, well apart from Hansen who was constantly crap! He didn't perform for the Rebels, but sure he will be back firing soon.

I agree, should of kept Kerr. There might be little to be gained, but there is also nothing to lose either IMO. I just think people should give Paul a break, he's been superb for the Panthers this season, upped his average and been the most consistent performer, well apart from Hansen who was constantly crap! He didn't perform for the Rebels, but sure he will be back firing soon.

Its nothing against Starke im sure of that.

But if you make a change it surely needs to be to improve the team.......and in my opinion Starke doesnt do that

Your missing the point

Im sure Poole fans would have expected more from Newman but he is just coming back from injury and starting to score better.

His average is better than Starkes in the same league so if he is riding crap why replace him with a rider whose average has been worse?

There was no need for Poole to make the change

• Like 3

But if you make a change it surely needs to be to improve the team.......and in my opinion Starke doesnt do that

Your missing the point

Im sure Poole fans would have expected more from Newman but he is just coming back from injury and starting to score better.

His average is better than Starkes in the same league so if he is riding crap why replace him with a rider whose average has been worse?

I do see your point, I just don't agree with it.

Starke had a poor start to the season, when Paul last rode for Poole, he was superb, currently it looks more likely Paul will improve and get better as the season gets on compared to Kyle, who continues to struggle.

There was no need for the change, but there is also nothing to lose, and everything to gain IMO.

Your missing the point

I hope your eating your words in a few weeks time if starkey steps up to the plate. And theres a man who said Kyle was putting in no effort a week ago.

Edited by Starman2006

I'm hoping Gavan and FB are proved wrong about Starke just like they were about Brady! I wouldn't rely on their judgement.

Somelier thought Brady was past his best.. Bless. :rofl:

Foreverblue makes some good points and it does make me laugh seeing some Poole fans bitching about hoping he's proved wrong..he probably hopes the same but what I want to know is Starman why you was criticising Ford for this move but you seem to be turning on fb now instead? And I can vouch that Somelier is a big admirer of Brady and would be surprised his view on Kurtz development' last year wouldn't be as crass as you have put it

Never known such a currently divisive bunch of 'supporters'

I hope your eating your words in a few weeks time if starkey steps up to the plate. And theres a man who said Kyle was putting in no effort a week ago.

Is Paul Starke a better rider than Newman? Nothing in it i would say.

And no Kyle was struggling in that match but last week he looked better.

If Paul Starke gets 9 or 10 a meeting then fine.......personally i think he will get 6 or 7 same as Kyle would have done.

You only need to see how he was doing with Somerset

I'm hoping Gavan and FB are proved wrong about Starke just like they were about Brady! I wouldn't rely on their judgement.

As i said if Starke scores well then fine, but if he only gets 6 or 7 then why the change.

Oh and please find the post where i slagged off Kurtz???

Foreverblue makes some good points and it does make me laugh seeing some Poole fans bitching about hoping he's proved wrong..he probably hopes the same but what I want to know is Starman why you was criticising Ford for this move but you seem to be turning on fb now instead? And I can vouch that Somelier is a big admirer of Brady and would be surprised his view on Kurtz development' last year wouldn't be as crass as you have put it

Never known such a currently divisive bunch of 'supporters'

Starman has no idea what he is wittering on about you must know that.

Critical of Matt Ford in sacking Newman..........now hoping people eat their words about Starke??? Very confused little man he is

If Paul Starke gets 9 or 10 a meeting then fine.......personally i think he will get 6 or 7 same as Kyle would have done.

As i said if Starke scores well then fine, but if he only gets 6 or 7 then why the change.

Critical of Matt Ford in sacking Newman..........now hoping people eat their words about Starke??? Very confused little man he is

Kyle hasn't even been scoring 6-7 for Poole though? He has scored that once, apart from that, 2-3 points..... so anything more than 4, and he has done better than Kyle.

Where did i say you slagged him off?? I said you were wrong about him. You kept going on we should be worrying about him being in the team and yet he is our best rider along with Hans so far. So yeah you were wrong!

Don't you think i hope that too. At their best i still think Newman is better and most would have agreed he had more improvement in him than Starke, in fact quite a few said Newman was a snip on his average for this season.

Starke had a poor start with Somerset but has been going well for Peterborough and as i said i understand why the change was made but still feel Newman wasnt given enough time to get back to the form we all know he is capable of but its done now and Paul is a nice guy who deserves all our support.

• Like 1

Kyle hasn't even been scoring 6-7 for Poole though? He has scored that once, apart from that, 2-3 points..... so anything more than 4, and he has done better than Kyle.

Kyle had 4 matches for Poole and his best score was 6 in a heat leader position.

Starkes best score all season was 7..................you honestly think Newman wouldnt get 6 a meeting from now on?

I will stand by what i said. If Starke bangs in 8 or 9 points a meeting then yes the change was worth it. If he is a 6 or 7 points a meeting (and this seasons evidence suggests he may struggle to get that) then it was a pointless change.

He has an easy meeting at home to Leicester to start with so i would expect a big points haul

Where did i say you slagged him off?? I said you were wrong about him. You kept going on we should be worrying about him being in the team and yet he is our best rider along with Hans so far. So yeah you were wrong!

You make it sound like i was the only one its laughable.

I said Poole need one of Kurtz or Holder to kick on and grab a heatleader spot as Pooles top 3 (KK, Hans, Kurtz,) looked weaker than the other top teams.

Please also provide evidence of me keep going on about Kurtz................let me answer you, you wont be able to.

And Pooles top 3 are averaging less than Wolves by nearly 4 points and less than Belle Vue by over a point

Edited by Gavan

Newman is averaging 3.5. Why would you say if stake averages 6 or 7 it is not an improvement?

Gavan doesn't know what he's talking about..