British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

The asset system is wrong & totally abused in the top league. You don't have to ride for a team to become an asset.

At least in the old PL(now Championship) you had to ride for that team 6H6A to become an asset

It's exactly the same in the top flight as it is in the old Premier League/Championship.

Assets are same requirement.

I'm not sure the asset system is wrong. Some clubs invest in riders and some don't.

The ones who don't aren't usually fighting for titles.

I don't think he would do that, he loves Poole and Poole speedway. Someone said he couldn't come back to Poole this season anyway as apparently the rules don't allow it.

Or next year or the year after. The powers that be and there rules need shafting.

He can't cos we signed Zengota for at least 28 days from his first meeting which runs out on 12th July. It's in the Bournemouth Echo.

it mentions in the Echo about an initial 4 meeting spell for Zengota so if KK is fit he may come back sooner but no doubt Matt Ford will want to assess his form before getting him straight back in the team.

The Zengota was announced on the 25th of May so assuming they actually signed him at least a day before he could come back after Zengota's 28 day spell on june 21st.

Edited by foreverblue

Or next year or the year after. The powers that be and there rules need shafting.

No they dont.

Stops teams using loopholes..............sacking a rider on a higher average , replacing him with someone who is doing better, then bringing him back him later on a much lower one to replace someone of lesser ability........in Pooles case this would stop them bringing Newman in for say Shanes.

Im agreed in that i dont see the logic in replacing Newman with Starke (after all it was Pooles crap track that caused his injury) but there is no way that Poole should be allowed to fiddle him back in on a lower average

it mentions in the Echo about an initial 4 meeting spell for Zengota so if KK is fit he may come back sooner but no doubt Matt Ford will want to assess his form before getting him straight back in the team.

The Zengota was announced on the 25th of May so assuming they actually signed him at least a day before he could come back after Zengota's 28 day spell on june 21st.

I'm only reporting what it says in the paper. They said his 28 days start from his first meeting and the earliest KK would be back is 12th July. Think it says Zengota has 2 more meetings left to impress.

Ford shows that he does not quite understand how some of the Poole fans feel alot will be unhappy with this move.I like Starke but in the top five it is a tough ask for him i feel for Newman not a wise move in my book by the Poole promotion.

Ford knows how Poole fans feel .they want a winning team ..if starke does well and Poole do well they will forget about Newman in a couple of weeks ..speedway is a numbers game there is no time to be loyal .

Ford knows how Poole fans feel .they want a winning team ..if starke does well and Poole do well they will forget about Newman in a couple of weeks ..speedway is a numbers game there is no time to be loyal .

some poole supporters will a lot of us wont :party:

I do understand that Matt Ford thought that we can't go on with a misfiring Newman but Starke isn't the answer, his score was poor last night for Peterborough and Newman rode better for Ipswich on thursday and Matt Ford maybe thinking he was a bit hasty especially as he can't get him back now.

thats starkes 1st bad meeting of the season for panthers

I do understand that Matt Ford thought that we can't go on with a misfiring Newman but Starke isn't the answer, his score was poor last night for Peterborough and Newman rode better for Ipswich on thursday and Matt Ford maybe thinking he was a bit hasty especially as he can't get him back now.

So your getting on at Starkes worst performance of the season last scoring 4+1, yet Kyle carried on with his abysmal form and scored 3+3 last night???

• Like 1

So your getting on at Starkes worst performance of the season last scoring 4+1, yet Kyle carried on with his abysmal form and scored 3+3 last night???

Not getting on Starke just don't think he will improve us much. Newman paid 12 at home and paid 6 from 4 rides at Edinburgh who are a good team and Starke got 9 from 6 rides when he rode at Edinburgh so not much in it.