British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Rumours of Gomolski coming in.

IMO we don't need to make anymore changes unless Klindt needs surgery.

Hans & Brady - Awesome

J. Holder - Improving week by week

Klindt - Will do a solid job at 2nd string

Starke - Will show Pirates fans why it was the correct decision to bring him in. Averaging nearly 10.00 points a meeting for Peterborough.

Which leaves KK & Shanes

KK - Should be given time and if he doesn't improve then look at the positive side (We can get him in as 2nd or 3rd Heat Leader next year on a nice average if we don't upset him)

Shanes - No point replacing him with another 2.00 rider as Shanes is the best one out there and I wouldn't drop any of riders in a double change therefore Shanes to stay.

1. K. Kasprzak

2. P. Starke

3. B. Kurtz

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. N. Klindt

7. J. Shanes

Who would you bring Gomolski in for and why?

Im just going to go over the highlighted points.

Klindt i would imagine will only get 4 rides in the main team not 6 or 7 and be racing in harder races. Therefore i would expect his average to drop by around 2 points....likewise if Newman was at reserve then i would expect to average a couple of points more.

Please can i use your calculator as ive no idea where you get Starke averaging nearly 10 a meeting. Just around 7.5 it looks like

Granted Newman is averaging about a point lower. But in the top league a struggling Newman is averaging more than Starke. A like for like change that doesnt improve the team and only served to get rid of a loyal rider......crazy.

James Shanes is doing ok, slightly better than Smith but not as good as other number 7's like Wajtknecht and Perks but he is doing his job, again crazy to let him go.

And your last point...........why bring in Gomolski????? You seem obsessed

• Like 1

Exactly.

No approximately! :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

I think this is Steve's fault anyway as he was the one who bought up Tungate! However I'm not that interested in Swindon changes (if i was I'd be on their thread!) and I'm in a moaning mood, so there it is!

Not a lot changes then! :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

Rumours of Gomolski coming in.

IMO we don't need to make anymore changes unless Klindt needs surgery.

Hans & Brady - Awesome

J. Holder - Improving week by week

Klindt - Will do a solid job at 2nd string

Starke - Will show Pirates fans why it was the correct decision to bring him in. Averaging nearly 10.00 points a meeting for Peterborough.

Which leaves KK & Shanes

KK - Should be given time and if he doesn't improve then look at the positive side (We can get him in as 2nd or 3rd Heat Leader next year on a nice average if we don't upset him)

Shanes - No point replacing him with another 2.00 rider as Shanes is the best one out there and I wouldn't drop any of riders in a double change therefore Shanes to stay.

1. K. Kasprzak

2. P. Starke

3. B. Kurtz

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. N. Klindt

7. J. Shanes

Who would you bring Gomolski in for and why?

But when averages change would it be possible to bring Newman back for Shanes? He currently is on 3.53 I believe or will he need to have completed his 4H/4A?

But when averages change would it be possible to bring Newman back for Shanes? He currently is on 3.53 I believe or will he need to have completed his 4H/4A?

Don't believe your allowed to resign a rider you've released during the season. If Kyle was injured, then yes, but as you sacked him, no.

No you never do. We should nickname you "Always Right Shovlar". Just like your politics.

Wouldnt say he says himself as always right

Its when he posts 'facts' without checking anything and then when its pointed out he is wrong he doesnt discuss or admit his error just simply has a go back

• Like 1

Newman just needs to keep riding he will come good, he however should stick his fingers up if Ford comes back asking for his services.

I don't think he would do that, he loves Poole and Poole speedway. Someone said he couldn't come back to Poole this season anyway as apparently the rules don't allow it.

I don't think he would do that, he loves Poole and Poole speedway. Someone said he couldn't come back to Poole this season anyway as apparently the rules don't allow it.

I've read that a few times but I can't say I've even seen it written as a rule.

But who can tell anymore with the rules applied to suit on a daily basis!

• Like 1

all i can say is well done kyle on your score last night . one thing im baffled on as matt sacked kyle how do the clubs still keep them as assets never understood that ?

The asset system is wrong & totally abused in the top league. You don't have to ride for a team to become an asset.

At least in the old PL(now Championship) you had to ride for that team 6H6A to become an asset

• Like 1

Yes but why should you still be a asset if you just been sacked ?

They should not be and this is another example of the "asset" system being a joke. The riders are self employed and should only ever sign up to a contract period of riding and then be free to move on. What is the point anyway the rider can pack in speedway tomorrow or just go and ride abroad so the team has an asset which is worthless.