British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

If Gomolski comes back for Klindt it does make me wonder the sanity of the sport, Klindt should be back soon enough and I think he should hold his own in the top 5 given his form everywhere this season...Gomolski..is he all that?

Maybe even this has been in the cards longer than anyone realises if it bares fruit?

And to add further intrigue to this is the timing of the acquisition of Nic by Poole as an asset , was this in order to soften the blow of telling him he's out plus to already start getting the loan fee ball rolling?

• Like 2

If the deal is for one of the Poole riders to head into the Leicester team, that would more than likely be Klindt who is pretty decent around there.

Trying to second guess Matt is not that easy but I bet he has his team worked out and is just doing it bit by bit. Whether the changed team will be any better than the current one is anyones guess though. One things for sure and that is we need a big scoring number one. Zengota is not a decent long term replacement for KK.

When the new averages come out I'm pretty sure something like Kk Kurtz Andersen lindback (or other 7pt rider) holder Newman Shanes would fit.

Starke vs Newman gives Poole a couple of points to play with for now, as soon as new averages come out Newman gives a point saving of around 0.5 I believe.

KK was fine for Coventry in 2016. I like the guy.

Regarding Matt Ford, I said months ago on this thread before the start of the season that he would be gone in a couple of seasons, I reckon that isn't far off coming true! I know he is being criticised at the moment but better the devil..........

I don't think Matt Ford will go because whatever some may think he is a fan first and it would be a massive decision to let the club he loves be run by someone else.

• Like 1

Getting rid of Klindt for Gomolski that makes no sense Klindt has been great for us I don't get any of this.

Nic is not going to be 100% fit for the rest of the season though is he? Not sure what the average difference between them two is? Maybe it is consequence of changing KK for another rider, cos I can't see how you can sack Kyle but keep KK!

Couldn't Poole drop Newman now.Make a change and bring him back on his lower ave next week

Those sort of moves should be stopped in future as no rider sacked should be allowed back into that team in the same season.

Getting rid of Klindt for Gomolski that makes no sense Klindt has been great for us I don't get any of this.

Would have Gomolski over Klindt every time.

• Like 1

And your point is?

That Poole fans would want him nowhere near their club if they wish for the club to have a successful future.

If you class 5 years without a league title before his club closed down a success for Horton, then your nose is further up his behind than most of us first realised.

• Like 1

It's all just speculation started off by flagrag so I wouldn't be concerned by it until something official happens....IF it ever does.

I don't think Matt Ford will go because whatever some may think he is a fan first and it would be a massive decision to let the club he loves be run by someone else.

Where has this rumour that MF is considering selling come from?

His actions this week point to the complete opposite IMO.

It's all just speculation started off by flagrag so I wouldn't be concerned by it until something official happens....IF it ever does.

No idea really Tesar Racing mentioned it earlier so I responded but this sort of thing often happens when the team has issues, I think also Stevehone has mentioned it in the past too but I think his point was more to do with the stadium rather than Matt Ford.

If the deal is for one of the Poole riders to head into the Leicester team, that would more than likely be Klindt who is pretty decent around there.

Trying to second guess Matt is not that easy but I bet he has his team worked out and is just doing it bit by bit. Whether the changed team will be any better than the current one is anyones guess though. One things for sure and that is we need a big scoring number one. Zengota is not a decent long term replacement for KK.

The way KK was riding anybody would be a decent replacement

Haven't seen any rumours of Matt selling just pure speculation 1

Never smoke without fire. Perhaps, like many fans, he is fed up with the way British speedway is going. Crowds at Poole have been well down these season for whatever reason.

Matt is a Poole fan but he is also running a business not a charity.

• Like 2

But when the new averages come out he will be on a 6.5. Can you name anyone better on that average?

Not if he rides to his potential, no.

I don't think the rumours have just come from me but it is pure speculation on my part. It is just what I feel and hear from some quarters.