British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

A localish derby for us so that would be good. Had some classic tussles in the PL during the noughties and a much better track now that awful camber has gone.

They were great away days down at Rye.

Some good banter & heated discussions on turns 1-2.

Racing not always great but the atmosphere was top draw.

Rye House is up there with the away trips to Ipswich & Peterborough for me

Miss those meetings a lot

• Like 1

I will have a pint on it with you and i myself am a big KK fan ever since his Swindon days.If Holder has his head on and the track is half decent cant see KK being as consistent there is always a tendancy with him to have a few knightmare meetings along the way.KK for me like Zagar just can't produce real consistency now and last year Chris showed real signs that he was getting back to his level.Does Holder really care about Britain now or is it just pocket money for him now that's the worry.

Deal.

Col i believe Adams would of, he took some beating at the Abbey.Also do you think the level of opponent was a little higher when Leigh was about.?? Doyley now is in the company of Briggs,Ashby,Crump,Adams,Kilby,Broady, Autrey, Nilsen,Petersen hope he comes back all guns blazing.

I don't know. I have been to Swindon once, for some awful EL pairs event, I think Richardson & Ulamek beat Hancock & McGowan in the final. I could be very wrong on that. Wolves fielded Correy, who couldn't get around Cradley in his pomp let alone around Blunsden in after several years of retirement. Such was the level of interest. It was complete tripe. Personally, I think Doyle averaging 9.75 under current heat format is comparable to a rider averaging near 11 under the old heat format.

Where are the reserves? Ellis, Newman and Starke have all demonstrated that they have progressed from the reserve berth.

And that matters? It is Poole after all. I can cope with Ellis being given a reserve spot on a 4.00 average (surely Lakeside will have him) but Starke & Newman are in the mid 20's and have no chance of being anything other than an EL reserve. They should not be allowed to be in any EL draft for the forth coming season on anything other than their genuine EL average.

Kasprzak, Holder & Andersen = 7.91 + 8.58 + 7.15 = 23.64

Good luck getting them all to turn up for every fixture and finding point scoring reserves & second strings for such a team.

Edited by Col

Chris Holder has stated he wants to stay riding for Poole if he can and there lies the foundation of any Poole team that is being planned for next season. The key part is IF HE CAN.

Poland are going to make, not try to make riders choose just one other league to ride in and they seem determined to make this happen so riders like Chris Holder, Hans Andersen etc may well have to think twice about riding here. Plus if many of this calibre of rider are going to be forced to miss out Britain, you will be lookin at teams built with number ones on six point averages.

So while there are posts about KK, Holder, Andersen etc you need to look at riders like Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder first to joi Adam Ellis and Kyle Newman. These four could be the backbone to a Poole team or it could be the top four riders and until it's clear what is going on with riders that have contracts in Poland, you can't really look much further.

Chris Holder has stated he wants to stay riding for Poole if he can and there lies the foundation of any Poole team that is being planned for next season. The key part is IF HE CAN.

Poland are going to make, not try to make riders choose just one other league to ride in and they seem determined to make this happen so riders like Chris Holder, Hans Andersen etc may well have to think twice about riding here. Plus if many of this calibre of rider are going to be forced to miss out Britain, you will be lookin at teams built with number ones on six point averages.

So while there are posts about KK, Holder, Andersen etc you need to look at riders like Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder first to joi Adam Ellis and Kyle Newman. These four could be the backbone to a Poole team or it could be the top four riders and until it's clear what is going on with riders that have contracts in Poland, you can't really look much further.

Thats good, i hope Holder returns along with his brotherJack who i rate highly, Hans, Ellis and Newman would be good but can't see Brady Kurtz being viable on his average rather have Kacper Gomolski also Milik is a good option. Love to see KK back and has a tempting average.

Yeah Holder has stated he wants to stay, but that isn't his decision.

both bomber and Eddie said they would be interested in coming to Poole after last night meeting super speedway last night poor presentation by the management does anybody know if there was any prize money on offer total damp squib at the end

Matt's programme notes from last night said Newman and probably Jack Holder are the only riders he's prepared to name for 2017 at the moment.

I think you've misunderstood what the Poles are attempting to do?! Their proposed rule is that riders in the Polish Ekstraliga can only ride in 2 other leagues - one of which would be the rider's 'domestic' league.

Riders like Andersen don't have an Ekstraligs place so it doesn't apply. Aussie riders for example would undoubtedly list the EL as their 'domestic' league.

I think my team could be on the money.

1. Chris Holder

2. Jack Holder

3. Hans Andersen

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Krzysztof Kasprzak

6. Kyle Newman

7. Paul Starke

Perfect time for Jack to be named in the 2017 Poole Pirates team imo. Jack should ride at No.2 whilst Chris rides at No.1.

What average would Jack come in on Skidder1?

Again, Batchelor no thanks!! Would prefer to see Bomber.....He will score good points at all tracks.

I don't know. I have been to Swindon once, for some awful EL pairs event, I think Richardson & Ulamek beat Hancock & McGowan in the final. I could be very wrong on that. Wolves fielded Correy, who couldn't get around Cradley in his pomp let alone around Blunsden in after several years of retirement. Such was the level of interest. It was complete tripe. Personally, I think Doyle averaging 9.75 under current heat format is comparable to a rider averaging near 11 under the old heat format.

I think you will find that was Leigh Adams & Lee Richardson. Shame on you for mistaking Leigh for Ulamek, he was not in the same class as Leigh!

Edited by DunRobin

Not sure why some are moaning about Kyle Newman at reserve. He has a pl average so will be a sub 4 pointer. Doubt there will be two riders with a lower average than Kyle so reserve it will be.

Its already been mentioned that they wont be using premier league conversions again so not a cat in hells chance Newman will be below 4 points

Not sure why some are moaning about Kyle Newman at reserve. He has a pl average so will be a sub 4 pointer. Doubt there will be two riders with a lower average than Kyle so reserve it will be.

I'm sure Ford makes sure Kyle isn't out of pocket by keeping his Premier League average a lot lower than it should be.

I wouldn't touch Kyle if I was a Premier League team because of that.

• Like 5

They will have to do a U-Turn on that decision. Riders like Ellis will not get a team place on his current EL average.

no they won't do a u turn why should they? There will be a new conversion in place and it won't be premier league conversions. It would be farcical to see Newman at reserve for the 7th season in a row. Newman and Ellis will be between 4.5 and 5.5 as they should be.

I'm sure Ford makes sure Kyle isn't out of pocket by keeping his Premier League average a lot lower than it should be.

I wouldn't touch Kyle if I was a Premier League team because of that.

You've just accused a rider of deliberately under-performing.

I hope you've got evidence and If you haven't, I hope Kyle takes you to court.

• Like 3