British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Surely not far off in the weeks Poole had two meetings?

Indeed - in his later Poole days, Tony Rickardsson was on £125 a point.

That was years ago so it's quite possible for a top rider to do 4-5k with two meetings a week nowadays.

Btw Starman, my source was the rider himself. So please don't try to tell me otherwise.

Cheers

• Like 1

That was years ago so it's quite possible for a top rider to do 4-5k with two meetings a week nowadays.

Btw Starman, my source was the rider himself. So please don't try to tell me otherwise.

Cheers

You sure it wasnt more?

I remember Stonehewer telling me and my old man he was on £100 a point at Workington back in 2000, the night of the 2000 pairs championship. He had consumed a few shandys at that point tho 😂😂

Cheers

starman would have absolutely no knowledge of the finances of poole speedway,hes a volunteer who helps with various track tasks on racenight,for which im sure the promoters are appreciative but not involved in any other way with the promoters(thank god!)

• Like 2

You sure it wasnt more?

I remember Stonehewer telling me and my old man he was on £100 a point at Workington back in 2000, the night of the 2000 pairs championship. He had consumed a few shandys at that point tho

Mark Loram was on more than £125 a point back in 2000 thats a fact, and double in Poland.

starman would have absolutely no knowledge of the finances of poole speedway,hes a volunteer who helps with various track tasks on racenight,for which im sure the promoters are appreciative but not involved in any other way with the promoters(thank god!)

No im not involved with the promotion, but anything i do know i wouldn't be telling you or anybody else on this forum.

Looking at last week's averages in speedway star Kacper is about a point lower than KK this season so not a great difference. Ability is one thing, form is another.

KK appears to be having another of his rubbish years which he is prone to have.

His world class status isn't being earned this year and it's looking unlikely you have a ready made replacement waiting to fill his shoes so is likely to earn a reprieve I'd imagine.

Which of course is great news to those teams with serious ambition this season.

Personally I do not see any point in replacing KK yet he won't be at Wolves next Monday but he is crap at Monmore even on good form so that is a bonus, I expect they will give him a couple of meetings to prove he can still do a job at number one when he comes back from injury, he maintains his equipment is good so he is blaming himself which is refreshing as most blame equipment when things are not going well.

Personally I do not see any point in replacing KK yet he won't be at Wolves next Monday but he is crap at Monmore even on good form so that is a bonus, I expect they will give him a couple of meetings to prove he can still do a job at number one when he comes back from injury, he maintains his equipment is good so he is blaming himself which is refreshing as most blame equipment when things are not going well.

Nothing to do with his equipment.

Cheers

I have it on excellent authority that TR was on £180 per point in the latter stages of his Poole stint - plus the usual other stuff!!!

BTW not sure what all the current conjecture is for KK?? He will start practicing again next week (he will not be available for Poole's 2 away meetings next week) and MF has stated he will give KK the chance to find his form again BUT expects him to start scoring as a number 1 very quickly or risk the consequences by the end of June.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I know I said that!

Any rider worth his salt would MAINTAIN and keep there equipment top notch..

Edited by Starman2006

That's even worse as he is one of the worst confidence riders around. Let's hope for Poole fans sake he is able to turn it around.

Nothing to do with his equipment.

Read what FB is saying, that's exactly what he is saying. #mustlearntoreadapostfullybeforelookinganumpty

• Like 1

That's even worse as he is one of the worst confidence riders around. Let's hope for Poole fans sake he is able to turn it around.

Read what FB is saying, that's exactly what he is saying. #mustlearntoreadapostfullybeforelookinganumpty

He's saying MAINTAIN. Any rider worth his salt keeps his equipment top notch and i did read his post. KK has always been a confidence rider !!

And had you seen him guest for us v BV last season any club would have signed him there and then.

Edited by Starman2006

He's saying MAINTAIN. Any rider worth his salt keeps his equipment top notch and i did read his post. KK has always been a confidence rider !!

And had you seen him guest for us v BV last season any club would have signed him there and then.

Wolves would never sign him. Thank god.

Wolves would never sign him. Thank god.

If your Adams would have seen him ride that night even he would have signed him..

I said he maintains his equipment is good not that his equipment is well maintained.

• Like 3

I said he maintains his equipment is good not that his equipment is well maintained.

Yep, two engines were sent to poole in consecutive weeks from servicing before our break. So what does that tell you..

Edited by Starman2006

Not a cat in hells chance of that ever happening.

You obviously have never seen him ride at Monmore. Utterly useless.

He is utterly useless at Monmore. But he is a proper top speedway rider no matter how many dozens of posts you go on and on and on about him. Most speedway riders don't have to suffer piddly little Monmore more than twice a season. For Polish riders its a serious challenge and one many feel not worth worrying about as they only go there very occassionally.

KK was second in the world quite recently and an acheivement most riders could only dream about. Sure his form is down currently but that doesn't mean he is a bad rider. His career proves how good he can be, regardless of your continuous insults at him.