British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

This has already been discussed, just get Kerr back (unless he's already got a team place.) Although i hope Shanes lasts the season.

In at Somerset it seems.

Could be more movement there which would open up other options though....

Just out of curiosity I wonder how many took up the online ticket offer ?

I was told 115 in total.

Give it a chance first week! It will catch on when people realise its easy to do and saves money.

£1.50 free money using the voucher offer or those that find it too difficult to press the print button contribute the additional £3.00 cash revenue on race day. Win win all round.

And what's Darcy doing exactly? The odd phonecall, text and advice??

Hardly any different.

Tai im sure has advised many kids over the years, like I'm sure Darcy has.

I really don't see why it's an issue or any different.

It's not like he had to drive to Birmingham to help him is it?!

Darcy is doing no more than Tai. Helping someone because he wants too.

What more can Darcy do ,you do remember he's wheelchair bound, so it can only be a phone call or text

What more can Darcy do ,you do remember he's wheelchair bound, so it can only be a phone call or text

And what more do you expect Woffinden to do who has a busy career as well.

It's just a comparison. It's not meant as anything personal (unlike those who attack Tai despite doing nothing different to what Darcy is doing!).

• Like 1

Always found Jason Doyle and Morra accessible, Leigh Adams and Batch not so.

Tony R was always better after the meeting, often didn't want a chat before the meeting which is understandable whereas someone like Zorro was always chatty anytime.

It is part of the reason i love speedway the riders are generally so willing to chat with the fans.

Edited by foreverblue

Tony R was always better after the meeting, often didn't want a chat before the meeting which is understandable whereas someone like Zorro was always chatty anytime.

It is part of the reason i love speedway the riders are generally so willing to chat with the fans.

Craig Watson is another one like Zorro, would give time to every fan who wanted a convo with him.

Seems harsh on Shanes who is coming along in great strides that some Poole fans want him to leave.

Saw Shanes ride for Somerset at Ipswich last season and he struggled to gate and mainly overrode the bike and made mistakes.

Saw him ride for us the other week at Ipswich and it was a different rider completely so he is coming on in leaps and bounds riding for Poole. Why would you get rid of a young Brit??

• Like 1

Seems harsh on Shanes who is coming along in great strides that some Poole fans want him to leave.

Saw Shanes ride for Somerset at Ipswich last season and he struggled to gate and mainly overrode the bike and made mistakes.

Saw him ride for us the other week at Ipswich and it was a different rider completely so he is coming on in leaps and bounds riding for Poole. Why would you get rid of a young Brit??

Cos if you are going to bring in a 6/7 pointer for KK you would have to otherwise be 4/5 points under the limit. This is why KK hasn't gone yet cos the promotion want to keep Shanes imo.

Very harsh, but Ford will do whatever it takes to be successful. That's the Poole way...

Milik with a broken Leg.

Well un-less anyone knows these two options for KK which were rumoured i think we just stick it out now.

I don't see what we can do without having to get rid of Shanes and I DONT WANT HIM TO GO

All 6 riders are riding well at the moment so why change unless someone knows these replacements that could come in.

i don't think many Poole fans want Shanes to go, he has got masses of potential and as you say is improving all the time, to put pressure on him to get points way above his average is wrong.

Paul Starke is a good rider and he is unlucky to have been let go, most Poole fans would welcome him back but can't see it happening with the current line up.