British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Hans= He is his number 1 and most people in that team already ride in the UK

Milik does 3 leagues right now= Needs to drop Czech i imagine, but he does race for perhaps the most dicey team in world speedway for paying riders.

Please see Poole forum post

Interesting when you read the programme notes, Matt isn't convinced by the team at all! And grades them just above average!

When the right riders come along I'm sure things will change, interesting it says all riders could be under threat including ones who are performing. Wonder what he has up his sleeve.

One poster giving his interpretation of some of MF's comments in the programme notes! Hardly a crowd demo is it?! Bearing in mind those programme notes were written soon after the home defeat by Swindon its no surprise Matt felt the team to be only just above average. 2nd in the Premiership will do me come September (or maybe July 31st?! ;):party: )

Incidentally the Polish Extraleague rule allows riders to ride in up to 2 other leagues- one of which has to be the rider's domestic league, so I can't see Milik giving up on the Czech fixtures any time soon!! That's why I suggested Sweden would have to be dropped if UK became an option.

Edited by Skidder1

One poster giving his interpretation of some of MF's comments in the programme notes! Hardly a crowd demo is it?! Bearing in mind those programme notes were written soon after the home defeat by Swindon its no surprise Matt felt the team to be only just above average. 2nd in the Premiership will do me come September (or maybe July 31st?! ;):party: )

Incidentally the Polish Extraleague rule allows riders to ride in up to 2 other leagues- one of which has to be the rider's domestic league, so I can't see Milik giving up on the Czech fixtures any time soon!! That's why I suggested Sweden would have to be dropped if UK became an option.

Fair enough. We all have different ideas and I respect those.

Milik is confusing though because the way its been stated. "that could change soon" or the words to that affect suggest it could change in the near future.

You would not say that for next season in May.

I disagree but Poole have a lot of assets so you'll have to narrow it down a bit! ;)

Lisa, i see you've found a new best friend... ;)

I disagree but Poole have a lot of assets so you'll have to narrow it down a bit! ;)

It really isn't that difficult. He divided public opinion like no other.

An Australia described as the most natural talent on a bike.

Tai is squeaky clean in comparison.

Why on earth would Poole get rid of Shanes??? He's made a couple of changes to his set-up and is now scoring more than is expected of him.

Everything he says and does is about pleasing the crowd - a great asset to have and something so many other riders could learn from!!

I seem to remember the same thing being said about Ellis last year, he then went on to have a great season. Then Matt dropped him !

I seem to remember the same thing being said about Ellis last year, he then went on to have a great season. Then Matt dropped him !

situation a little different with James than adam. Adam Ellis was saddled with to high an average and it impossible to fit him in. I'm not saying it's right or wrong it's just they way it is I'm afraid
  • Like 1

you cant keep blaming matt ford starman

im sure shanes will appreciate your riding tips,i suppose you learnt all this during your riding days

Do you not think Steve is allowed to express his opinion? And also think he isn't allowed to express said views?

Edited by Bleeds Pirate Blue

i do agree bpb obviously posters are allowed their opinion,if kelvin tatum says a young rider should sit more forward,sit further back,change his head position etc etc thats fine,but how many of us fans on this forum have the foggiest idea of how to ride a speedway bike,let alone give tips??that was my point

• Like 2

I am sure a lot of more experienced riders are helpful to inexperienced younger riders and help in their development if they can. Darcy will always be loved and welcome at Poole whatever other teams fans think of him and we all miss watching him. It is unfortunate that some feel the need to keep dragging some of the things he did in his earlier life but not surprising.

• Like 2

That was why I put a question mark! How about a rider he's not related to?

And how many more is Darcy helping if one isn't good enough??

You asked the question and got an answer you still aren't happy with.

Anything to bash Tai tho anyway ain't it. :rofl:

• Like 1

And how many more is Darcy helping if one isn't good enough??

You asked the question and got an answer you still aren't happy with.

Anything to bash Tai tho anyway ain't it. :rofl:

I think Tai is in a better position, don't you..