British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Starmans moaning about nothing. Anything that enhances our club can only be good.

So are you going to sever your ties then? :rofl::P

What is this!!!

We have actually done something 21st century as a club with an online ticket service.

This is a good step forward. Actually embracing technology for once.

Whilst this may seem a great idea, the actual saving by way of advance booking is so minor that it's really not worth it when you take the (unknown) weather situation into consideration. A full paying adult will save £3 on face value (advance booking is £14 as opposed to £17) however the obligatory 'booking fee' of £1.50 halves the saving to a measly £1.50! Should a rain off or similar take place then you're left in the position of trying to get a refund. All that hassle for a £1.50 saving. Is it really worth it???

Whilst this may seem a great idea, the actual saving by way of advance booking is so minor that it's really not worth it when you take the (unknown) weather situation into consideration. A full paying adult will save £3 on face value (advance booking is £14 as opposed to £17) however the obligatory 'booking fee' of £1.50 halves the saving to a measly £1.50! Should a rain off or similar take place then you're left in the position of trying to get a refund. All that hassle for a £1.50 saving. Is it really worth it???

I would have thought it would either advance to the next meeting or returned to your account

No.

The promotion actually do something that's based in the 21st Century and you are moaning about it?? Like seriously! Maybe if Tai said it was a great idea you would change your mind! ;)

• Like 5

If clubs announce a £1.50 admission increase all hell breaks loose but a £1.50 reduction is not worth it!!!

Great initiative from Poole, in my opinion.

Excellent way of looking at it.

Nearly a 9% saving. Hope it's a success .

If there's a few fans like chris4gillian could you make yourself known to me. I'll sell you a ticket just near the entrance on match day to save you the mither of rain offs etc at the full price you would rather pay.

If I can get enough of you it will pay me in at £1.50 profit a time.

Not a chance darling or whoever you are..

When BV announced they were doing on line booking they got a bit of stick because it cost you an extra quid more.It doesn't now and I have printed my ticket off at home for nearly every match I've been to including the Colts matches.Poole are actually reducing prices which is a great gesture and shouldn't be knocked.

• Like 3

I think KK will ride on Wednesday - there's no real (dis)advantage one way or another as I doubt any potential replacement could be agreed and available in time.

Wednesday (10/05) is Poole's last home meeting for almost 4 weeks and KK won't have done his 4H/4A meetings to reduce his average until late June - even if he stays.

Bit of a dilemma for Matt with Lewis riding well and Kyle just coming back from injury ?q

Lewis has done very well. Far better than most including me expected. But I think Kyle should come back. Having seen both ride there's little between them but just feeel Kyle has the edge. He seems more supple on a bike. Lewis tends to look a little stiff.

Whatever the decision Lewis has done a very good job and I am sure if Matt can't offer him a place he will be snaffled up pretty quickly by another club.

• Like 1

Lewis has done very well. Far better than most including me expected. But I think Kyle should come back. Having seen both ride there's little between them but just feeel Kyle has the edge. He seems more supple on a bike. Lewis tends to look a little stiff.

Whatever the decision Lewis has done a very good job and I am sure if Matt can't offer him a place he will be snaffled up pretty quickly by another club.

also it depends whether we replace kk or not if we do it will give Matt more options on which way to go don't you think

But is Kyle fit enough yet? Only got 5 last night, is that cos of the injury or just not match fit yet?

Edit:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/15267318.Newman_scores_five_for_Ipswich____but_is_it_enough_for_swift_Pirates_return_/?ref=rss

Edited by lisa-colette