British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Why are fans saying the Poole track is in bad condition? Because it was spongy due to the rain. If they attended every week and it was like this they may have a case. But normally the racing is great.

No need for anything to be done to it other than for it to dry out.

As for Holders comments, he slated every track in the UK. And he was certainly getting a dig in at Matt Ford. He has to ride in the UK, especially so nowadays with brexit. No UK berth no visa, no Sweden and Poland and no seeing his son, which is clearly his priority in life and rightly so.

Maybe there is a reason why Ford hasn't spent any money on the track, wasn't there rumours about part of the car park being built on, who knows if Dorset C.C. are short of cash ( most councils are) the whole site is owned by the council I believe, it would be worth a fortune if the they sold it. Just a thought.

Maybe there is a reason why Ford hasn't spent any money on the track, wasn't there rumours about part of the car park being built on, who knows if Dorset C.C. are short of cash ( most councils are) the whole site is owned by the council I believe, it would be worth a fortune if the they sold it. Just a thought.

This could be where Stadia UK, with promises to the Council, are looking to redevelop the stadium, just be careful that is does not end up like the long winded happenings at Swindon.

• Like 1

Chris Holder's latest comments about the KL track suggest he hated it as a visiting rider. He will not want too much grippy shale on it and certainly no bricks!!

As for the Poole track, I can't comment from Friday as i wasn't there (for once) but photos from earlier in the day on twitter and facebook showed the track surface looking pretty good - smooth and dry!! However there was clearly a lot of water-sodden shale underneath from the torrential rains earlier in the week which the evening's cooler temperatures brought to the surface when racing began.

As has been stated earlier, the track was worked on, repaired and smoothed out after the home defeat to BV on May 23rd 2016. Since then there has been nothing but great racing - even with positive comments from the likes of Chris Holder and others!!

With the weather forecast looking quite good for the next few days the track should be in good nick for Wednesday's retention of the Elite Shield. ;-)

It is Poole Council's stated intent to build several thousand new dwellings throughout the Poole area by 2025 (I think). One site of many that have been identified throughout the borough is on the edge of the Council-owned and Stadia UK-leased Poole Stadium site and which extends partially into the area currently used for lorry/car parking. It has been suggested that the stadium MIGHT be redeveloped for Speedway and Greyhounds (not football). This would mean giving it a different 'footprint' within the existing site - although there are no public plans available yet as to how this might be achieved. Any upgrade of the facilities would be welcomed by all - but I know MF is keen NOT to have to miss a season whilst any work does go on.

There was any earlier proposal - with public plans - from renowned (if that's the right word) local property developer Eddie Mitchell to totally rebuild the whole stadium to include football - BUT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN. (Mr Mitchell was at the time seeking a home for Poole FC who have now decided to stay where they are and are improving their own ground to meet FA requirements).

Edited by Skidder1

Which night of the World Cup at BV did you attend.??????????? Logic tells me it was not the Saturday night final - the racing that night was superb.

The Friday night wasnt so good, shame that as we didnt see the best from Emil and others. Probably only Doyle that like it that night.

I did say the play off even though it's actually called the race off 😉. I didn't mention the final as my point was a perfectly prepared track doesn't necessarily mean good racing. The final was the best meeting I've been to in a long time.

Really.So if the fans say it's safe that's fine,never mind there being a higher chance of a rider getting injured.

Bumps in the Lynn track.Sorry you have the wrong track,may not be the best racing wise but it certainly doesn't have many bumps at all,if any.It will seem like a billiard table to Holder when he rides it.

Just what some people said about the KL track last season. I am trusting that they went and are telling the truth!

He has been scathing about Wimbourne Rd for quite a while, and last years TV fiasco brought it to a head.

You know what 'every' means right??? I'll give you a clue it includes Swindon...

Just what some people said about the KL track last season. I am trusting that they went and are telling the truth!

I certainly went to most and as GB said 99% of the time Lynn is as smooth as they come,even after stock cars the night before.

For what it's worth I think the Poole track always throws up some great racing. I've seen some great races there on the tele and in person too so there is no denying that. How well it's prepared I can't overly comment on though but they must be doing something right nine times out of ten to produce the racing it does - It's just a shame the one time out of 10 they got it wrong was one of the biggest meetings of the season. I quite often stand on the first bend when I go and you do see the riders near enough bounce around the first turn if they aren't aggresive enough.

Looking forward to my visit for Somerset on Good Friday anyway!

You know what 'every' means right??? I'll give you a clue it includes Swindon...

I don't deny the Swindon track has been poor at times but some of your Poole friends are in denial about there own track.??Also these people last year were critical of Belle Vue and there racetrack.

I did say the play off even though it's actually called the race off . I didn't mention the final as my point was a perfectly prepared track doesn't necessarily mean good racing. The final was the best meeting I've been to in a long time.

As it was the Race off, financially it was important to get that meeting done and dusted, so quite rightly you say properly prepared tracks don't necessarily mean good racing, but it was safe.

As for the Poole fiasco on Friday night, when D Ward was interviewed and asked about the track he said "Typical Poole track"

As it was the Race off, financially it was important to get that meeting done and dusted, so quite rightly you say properly prepared tracks don't necessarily mean good racing, but it was safe.

As for the Poole fiasco on Friday night, when D Ward was interviewed and asked about the track he said "Typical Poole track"

Don't think Poole have ever got the track consistently sorted since the retirement of John Hector.... do others agree?

• Like 1

Don't think Poole have ever got the track consistently sorted since the retirement of John Hector.... do others agree?

John had his faults, but he could turn most tracks round.

Wouldn't agree with that. Thought that's when it started to go downhill.

Never been consistently good since Speedy (Pete Jarman) was doing them.

• Like 3

Why are fans saying the Poole track is in bad condition? Because it was spongy due to the rain. If they attended every week and it was like this they may have a case. But normally the racing is great.

No need for anything to be done to it other than for it to dry out.

As for Holders comments, he slated every track in the UK. And he was certainly getting a dig in at Matt Ford. He has to ride in the UK, especially so nowadays with brexit. No UK berth no visa, no Sweden and Poland and no seeing his son, which is clearly his priority in life and rightly so.

I take it Chris & his sons mother are no longer together Steve?.

Wouldn't agree with that. Thought that's when it started to go downhill.

Never been consistently good since Speedy (Pete Jarman) was doing them.

Of course not. so it was rubbish for the World cup in 04 right.. your blinkered mate, but that's no surprise.

Edited by Starman2006

Kyle Newman reporting on his website injury is much worse than first thought. Possible rotator cuff. If so, that could be season ending. New signing need immediately, but whose free on 6.3?

Kyle Newman reporting on his website injury is much worse than first thought. Possible rotator cuff. If so, that could be season ending. New signing need immediately, but whose free on 6.3?

We will use Guest riders and I reckon he is slightly higher but still fits under the 50 points and is our asset.

Charles Wright will be used a lot. Paul Starke whenever we can use him as well. Those two will be used if they fit. Matt will have an idea of who to use. At least its at start of season. If we lose shield and knock out cup not the end of the world compared to premiership.