British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

You have SS and Starman, 2 Poole fans who regularly go to home matches to watch their favourite team. In their view the Poole track is fine.

On the other side of the coin you have C Holder a fans favourite and regular in the Poole line up until this coming season, and Darcy Ward a favourite rider with most fans worldwide, who had a terrible accident (not at Poole I might add) and sadly will never ride speedway again.

These 2 riders have condemned the track.

Who knows best, rider or fan.

Holder and Ford as it seems have fallen out, So you need to think if holder was that unhappy about the track for so long why did he keep coming back to ride for poole and was his latest remarks a dig at ford.

• Like 1

You have SS and Starman, 2 Poole fans who regularly go to home matches to watch their favourite team. In their view the Poole track is fine.

On the other side of the coin you have C Holder a fans favourite and regular in the Poole line up until this coming season, and Darcy Ward a favourite rider with most fans worldwide, who had a terrible accident (not at Poole I might add) and sadly will never ride speedway again.

These 2 riders have condemned the track.

Who knows best, rider or fan.

Funny how they condemned the track but still wanted to ride for Poole!!

Funny how they condemned the track but still wanted to ride for Poole!!

Yeah because they lived down there and had plenty of friends and sponsors .... luckily for you lot they put up with your poorly prepared track, you should be thanking them perhaps

• Like 1

Ive never said the track was fine, it wasn't Friday nor P&P day. We had torrential rain in a space of 48 hrs, when its good its very good but when its cr-p its dire. I do hope that helps you..

Edited by Starman2006

My last experience of the racing at Poole was following the Aces at the 2015 Grand Final 2nd leg. Track shape fine in my opinion & the racing was terrific, with Cook, Nicholls & Janowski in particular excelling on the night - shame about the final result though. :cry:

Negative comments about the Poole track have been circulating for some time, with ruts, holes & the dirt line being too wide too early etc. I'm really surprised that Matt Ford hasn't taken action to put this issue to bed, especially as it seems to be a standing joke with club legends Holder & Ward that the track has had issues both now & in the recent past. Hopefully any necessary remedial works will now take place.

• Like 1

Yeah because they lived down there and had plenty of friends and sponsors .... luckily for you lot they put up with your poorly prepared track, you should be thanking them perhaps

Why did Chris Holder live when he first come to England? Oh not down here, wasn't it Peterborough. Closer to you!

We would have had plenty of other options if Holder turned us down. KL track not much better prepared with all the bumps, but hey Holder will be used to them!!

Fan. They're the ones paying to see the entertainment, the riders are doing a job and are paid well for it so should suck it up.

Really.So if the fans say it's safe that's fine,never mind there being a higher chance of a rider getting injured.

Why did Chris Holder live when he first come to England? Oh not down here, wasn't it Peterborough. Closer to you!

We would have had plenty of other options if Holder turned us down. KL track not much better prepared with all the bumps, but hey Holder will be used to them!!

Bumps in the Lynn track.Sorry you have the wrong track,may not be the best racing wise but it certainly doesn't have many bumps at all,if any.It will seem like a billiard table to Holder when he rides it.

I think riders are entitled to expect a smooth and consistent track regardless of how much or how little dirt is on it. Grippy patches, lumps & bumps and holes aren't really on nowadays and I think the best racing comes when riders can trust the track. It's true that Lynn isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be but ninety nine times out of a hundred it's smooth, mainly because of the equipment available at the stadium.

Lynn is gate and go for the ladt few years, Monmore is slowway, passing yes when the away rider wobbles around as its so small. Will witness it tomorrow night and probably watch top riders like KK wobble like a novice, not my cup of tea. Peterborough can be great not in the top league though no point comparing. May as well say Polish tracks.

We are lucky at Poole to have a good home track, regardless of what others say.

Comedy post of the day.

How many times has Poole won best prepared track in the past 5 years???

Wolves have won it 3 in case you were wondering.

I'd imagine if you were an Aces fan you would probably be still defending last season's opener saying that the track had no problems.

Still, the gift that keeps giving, thanks. :t:

The potential silver lining to this is that if the track is redone it can move away from the gate and go nature of recent years.

I never watch Wimborne live as you just fast forward after bend three lap one, in fact the last time I watched a live meeting was on the Bet365 service and I felt suicidal.

Matt should be like Chris Louis who after seeing racing at NSS wanted to try an emulate it at his track.

what a load of crappie. Plenty of passing at Poole regularly just your usual blinkered view.
  • Like 3

Speedway is knocking the final nail in it's own coffin,Teams are getting weaker,GP riders refuse to ride over here (apart from 2) crowds are falling, clubs are losing money year on year, the majority of the fan base is old time speedway fan,we lost Oxford not too long ago and now Coventry.

The most important attraction that speedway can give to new fans is fast, close, exciting racing. If tracks are prepared for this, riders will have confidence and be able to race thus providing the entertainment needed to keep and attract more fans.

M Ford needs to listen,he has,a good fan base, a location perfect for attracting holidaying spectators, is influential on the BSPA, and a track with proven history of producing excellent racing (WTCF 2004) springs to mind.

We fans should demand to be listened.

• Like 1

Let's be honest Poole is often a poorly prepared track but that doesn't stop having exciting meetings. It's regularly bumpy but that in itself can make superb racing. Look at the World Cup play off at Belle Vue, the track was prepared very well considering it rained yet the meeting was a gate and go bore fest.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Let's be honest Poole is often a poorly prepared track but that doesn't stop having exciting meetings. It's regularly bumpy but that in itself can make superb racing. Look at the World Cup play off at Belle Vue, the track was prepared very well considering it rained yet the meeting was a gate and go bore fest.

Yes very true,but it was safe,on any other track after the amount of rain that fell the meeting would not of taken place (the track record was set that day by NKI and is still 2 secs faster than the previous). The following day with perfect weather, fans at the stadium and watching on TV were treated to world class speedway racing

• Like 1

Speedway is knocking the final nail in it's own coffin,Teams are getting weaker,GP riders refuse to ride over here (apart from 2) crowds are falling, clubs are losing money year on year, the majority of the fan base is old time speedway fan,we lost Oxford not too long ago and now Coventry.

The most important attraction that speedway can give to new fans is fast, close, exciting racing. If tracks are prepared for this, riders will have confidence and be able to race thus providing the entertainment needed to keep and attract more fans.

M Ford needs to listen,he has,a good fan base, a location perfect for attracting holidaying spectators, is influential on the BSPA, and a track with proven history of producing excellent racing (WTCF 2004) springs to mind.

We fans should demand to be listened.

fast Freddie makes three
  • Like 1

Which night of the World Cup at BV did you attend.??????????? Logic tells me it was not the Saturday night final - the racing that night was superb.

The Friday night wasnt so good, shame that as we didnt see the best from Emil and others. Probably only Doyle that like it that night.