British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

This track has been bad for about 60 years. Matt will not improve it until they re do the stadium which I agree with. No point in him spending thousands of pounds if they are going to simply re do the track shape and size. I imagine that will be part of the stadium re construction. I think they will swap the tracks around with GreyHounds on the inside and speedway on the outside. If speedway GB gets these large sponsors they should help every single club get track covers by paying 30% of whatever.

But yes it was bad by Poole. But that track had taken so much water. All Wed all Thursday and all Friday morning and it was simply the temperature. What no one realises is that Poole is a project give it a couple of years Poole will challenge Belle Vue and this is UK speedway it cannot be done overnight. But at least we are winning while we plan to have the stadium re done. Matt Ford wont sell until the track and stadium is done.

Really with Monster Joe in his corner I can't see Darcy struggling for anything.

Just watching the interview on DW racing FB and it maybe worth some of you taking a look as he is a right foul mouthed plonker .

He also proudly shows off his big plasma tv and comes across as someone not in need of a benefit meeting.

Edited by rocketman77
  • Like 2

Have you got a link for that please because the ones I've found are certainly not Darcy Ward? I already knew he was a foul mouthed plonker though.

Edited by Gemini

Just watching the interview on DW racing FB and it maybe worth some of you taking a look as he is a right foul mouthed plonker .

He also proudly shows off his big plasma tv and comes across as someone not in need of a benefit meeting.

Don't forget he's paralysed from the waist down and doesn't have full movement in his hands. Yeah he swore plenty but he was upbeat and happy, that's the main thing isn't it, I don't grudge him a few luxuries in his life do you, really?

Wow what a poor gesture from Poole as compensation for the farce on Friday - £5 off admission to see a worth nothing Shield meeting against Wolves. That's alright if you are a Poole fan but what about others who made the trip to see Sajfutinov and the Pawlicki's??

• Like 1

This track has been bad for about 60 years. Matt will not improve it until they re do the stadium which I agree with. No point in him spending thousands of pounds if they are going to simply re do the track shape and size. I imagine that will be part of the stadium re construction. I think they will swap the tracks around with GreyHounds on the inside and speedway on the outside. If speedway GB gets these large sponsors they should help every single club get track covers by paying 30% of whatever.

But yes it was bad by Poole. But that track had taken so much water. All Wed all Thursday and all Friday morning and it was simply the temperature. What no one realises is that Poole is a project give it a couple of years Poole will challenge Belle Vue and this is UK speedway it cannot be done overnight. But at least we are winning while we plan to have the stadium re done. Matt Ford wont sell until the track and stadium is done.

What a load of old tosh i first went to Poole in the early 70s,80s,90s and up until recent times and i have seen some great racing at Poole.The last few years the track has gone downhill that has not always been the case though are you a TRUE Poole fan.???
  • Like 1

What a load of old tosh i first went to Poole in the early 70s,80s,90s and up until recent times and i have seen some great racing at Poole.The last few years the track has gone downhill that has not always been the case though are you a TRUE Poole fan.???

quite agree Poole my team win or lose that don't bother me.seen great speedway over the year's don't know the reason it's such a poor track my opinion it's just lack of investment.how many meetings have been lost through poor track conditions lost count over the last few years.à

quite agree Poole my team win or lose that don't bother me.seen great speedway over the year's don't know the reason it's such a poor track my opinion it's just lack of investment.how many meetings have been lost through poor track conditions lost count over the last few years.à

My Grandad went to the first Poole meeting in 1948 and has been ever since and the track has always been bad. There was a riders strike in the 60's over it. Sidney don't comment on stuff you don't know about. Why would a promoter spend money when the stadium will be re-developed.

Yes, I am actually a Poole fan but this is an opinion page, but at least use facts. Riders strike about the track= Not the best track in the world.

Wow what a poor gesture from Poole as compensation for the farce on Friday - £5 off admission to see a worth nothing Shield meeting against Wolves. That's alright if you are a Poole fan but what about others who made the trip to see Sajfutinov and the Pawlicki's??

That's better than if you're a Poole season ticket holder... all we get is a free programme on Wednesday saving £3.00 what an insult!!

• Like 1

My Grandad went to the first Poole meeting in 1948 and has been ever since and the track has always been bad. There was a riders strike in the 60's over it. Sidney don't comment on stuff you don't know about. Why would a promoter spend money when the stadium will be re-developed.

Yes, I am actually a Poole fan but this is an opinion page, but at least use facts. Riders strike about the track= Not the best track in the world.

I am not convinced with your comments??? all i know is i have been to Poole quite alot over the years and seen some great racing. (Ie) The Blue Riband,Test matches (ect).I know riders who liked Poole as a track Malc Holloway for one so Poole has not always been bad every track by the way has been good and bad over the years.Going back to your man Ford,he is RESPONSIBLE to make that track SAFE and raceable for the riders.

And if those who travelled to see the meeting but threw away there admission tickets, what then ?

• Like 1

If Stadia UK are involved be very wary about any Speedway continuing.

• Like 1

Last season saw plenty of brilliant racing at Wimborne Road. The track did have an issue over a year ago on the first bend but that was corrected, as was the dip entering the third bend.

Wimborne Road has a good shape which allows passing on all four bends. There's always a ton of passing at Poole. Even on Friday every race had passing. Sure it could be smoothed out but would that take away some home advantage? And if it was so bad, why don't the riders get together and refuse to ride until it is sorted?

Then they are a bit daft then!

From what I can gather they are.....

Stadia UK do not own Wimborne Road. But you knew that.

Oh hang on you can't read this as you have blocked me.

The one good thing to come out of all this is that now we have some Poole fans who can actually see how un-responsipal the management are towards the sport. They don't give a damn for anybody or anything as long as they're winning..

If the promotions were in any doubt about the state of the track, then the meeting should have been cancelled early enough, so fans and riders expenses were kept to the minimum

• Like 1

Last season saw plenty of brilliant racing at Wimborne Road. The track did have an issue over a year ago on the first bend but that was corrected, as was the dip entering the third bend.

Wimborne Road has a good shape which allows passing on all four bends. There's always a ton of passing at Poole. Even on Friday every race had passing. Sure it could be smoothed out but would that take away some home advantage? And if it was so bad, why don't the riders get together and refuse to ride until it is sorted?

Stadia UK do not own Wimborne Road. But you knew that.

Oh hang on you can't read this as you have blocked me.

Well they made a start on Friday night by withdrawing their services............ but you still trying to defend the track.

• Like 1