British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

There can be no excuse for what happened last night. Poole must be THE worst track in the league. We travelled 400 ml round trip 2 years ago to see the play-off semi final only to be greeted witha masive hole magically appeared on the first corner. We were told of some unfortunate mishap happens but there was no materials availible to even make good. I said then I would never visit Wimbourn Road .

It appears nothing has changed. Their track, their preparation, their responsibility are all rubbish.. When episodes like this happen it does immense damage to our sport and to those who follow it. There can be no excuse for what happened last night

Post note: The AFA has been open now for some weeks, and riders have been practising almost daily. Surely its was not too much to expect that Poole should have made certain their track was racable....

• Like 3

Message to the Poole promotion.You may have chosen to ignore complaints about the track in the past, or just fiddle round the edges of the problem, but you need to listen to the words of Chris and Darcy from last night and ACT NOW to get the circuit in to a proper condition.

Wimborne Road does produce good speedway, but it could be even better if the track issues were sorted once and for all.

I would suggest deferring the Coventry challenge on 19 April and get the work done immediately after Good Friday and before the U21's on 26 April.

That interview with Ward and Holder albeit totally true it seems, is utterly cringeworthy, deary me, are they a bit thick in Poole?

I see Starman has gone awol again..... :D

Nothing to do with me darling..

Lemo's done a lot of work for Darcey's fund raising so I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the NSS next year. Good facilities for Darcy with a bigger crowd to generate more funds plus it removes that element of doubt that seems to surround Wimborne Road.

#doitfordarcey

Lemo's done a lot of work for Darcey's fund raising so I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the NSS next year. Good facilities for Darcy with a bigger crowd to generate more funds plus it removes that element of doubt that seems to surround Wimborne Road.

#doitfordarcey

Don`t think its a good idea to have it anywhere else but Poole.
  • Like 2

I can't imagine Belle Vue supporters approving of any such meeting if it did not benefit Alan Wilkinson.

That's my point, Its about time British speedway looked after there own badly injured riders first, DW had enough money to buy a lovely home on the gold coast and too travel to las vegas and other desinations, these benefit meetings should be for riders in real need of help who cant afford things DW can and last nights meeting should be the last one for DW in this country.

• Like 6

That's my point, Its about time British speedway looked after there own badly injured riders first, DW had enough money to buy a lovely home on the gold coast and too travel to las vegas and other desinations, these benefit meetings should be for riders in real need of help who cant afford things DW can and last nights meeting should be the last one for DW in this country.

I'm sure Darcy said in last nights programme that he is using the money from his meeting in Aus to fund a home gym/equipment to help him strengthen his upper body. So seems that he still needs it.