British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

It's the dealership. But this is Poole we have a Aston Martin Dealership. It will be paying somewhere near 80,000 I imagine to sponsor the team.

More than that. I heard Matt won't do less than 100,000 a year on the main team sponsor.

I would be amazed if a car dealership has that sort of money to throw around in sports sponsorship. If they have I think there should be some decent discounts to be had!! ;)

• Like 1

In that case I can't wait to see him splash the cash on some British assets for once

We 've got two in the team, what do you want, blood. ;) Jeez some people are never happy. Matt had a team of brirish in 1999.

I would be amazed if a car dealership has that sort of money to throw around in sports sponsorship. If they have I think there should be some decent discounts to be had!! ;)

This is Volvo mate, not some mickey mouse dealership... Maybe only for poole fans.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

We 've got two in the team, what do you want, blood. ;) Jeez some people are never happy. Matt had a team of brirish in 1999.

This is Volvo mate, not some mickey mouse dealership... Maybe only for poole fans.. ;)

No, it's a Volvo Dealership, bit of a difference wouldn't you say.

No, it's a Volvo Dealership, bit of a difference wouldn't you say.

Its still Volvo. You keep chomping on yr chips.. ;)

Shame the track was too wet but the rain was very heavy earlier on. Saw the new race siuts very smart, a more faded blue look. No more black bottoms to the suits now sky have cleared off. Very smart.

Plus they were worried about the track cutting up in Darcy's meeting?

A proper name.

So we are now know as Volvo Cars Poole Pirates. Better than Poole Volvo Cars Pirates!

Matt Ford said last week he had received 4 offers for team sponsorship but didn't want to undersell his brand so held out. Guess Volvo have come up with the asking price.

Genuine question Steve do you really believe everything Matt Ford says

Genuine question Steve do you really believe everything Matt Ford says

According to MF in tonights Echo , he had virtually accepted that he would start the season without a team sponsor.

It was only in the last few days that the deal with the Volvo dealership was sorted, so it would seem the other three alleged parties weren't quite as interested as claimed.

According to MF in tonights Echo , he had virtually accepted that he would start the season without a team sponsor.

It was only in the last few days that the deal with the Volvo dealership was sorted, so it would seem the other three alleged parties weren't quite as interested as claimed.

Were the volvo logos on the race suits just stick on patches then or were they sewn into the suit?.

Were the volvo logos on the race suits just stick on patches then or were they sewn into the suit?.

11th hour signing mate, things will be done professionally.. You just consentrate on your lot and a stadium that will never be built.. ;)

No idea, sorry.

Just commenting on a press release.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15172667.It_s_a_deal__Pirates_boss_Ford_to_look_for_fresh_talent_after_sealing_new_title_sponsor/?ref=ar

What parties were those then. Please enlighten us ?

11th hour signing mate, things will be done professionally.. You just consentrate on your lot and a stadium that will never be built.. ;)

So were they stuck on or not, not worried about the stadium any more, just remember the same individual has his eyes on Wimbourne Road.

So were they stuck on or not, not worried about the stadium any more, just remember the same individual has his eyes on Wimbourne Road.

We won't be going anywhere mate.. ;)