British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Its theft from me for a start. As a job I provide show control and graphics systems to various TV shows. When you watch it for free you're using my services for free.

Well done you!

Maybe you could steal a car from a car park, after all, if it's parked up it's not being used so nobody will mind. Piracy IS theft.

Wow!! I have to presume you do this work for nothing? Or do you get paid for the service you provide by the company you for work for, either way surely you're not expecting each and everyone who watches a program, you were involved with, to pay you personally for the honour. So Nobody is stealing anything from you.....

We sure are getting personal here. I don't owe Sky or BT nothing, and can source the same programs from alternative supplier free of charge...... All of us have the choice !!

You would'nt even be allowed to sit in one in a showroom. They don't allow it.

Many years ago I was privileged to accompany Barrie Sheene to the Motor Show at Earls Court. What an experience that was and truly highlighted the different worlds that we all live in. We were accepted on every stand and nobody could have been more helpful in their attitude to make us so welcome. We stayed on the Lotus stall for ages where Colin Chapman was out to impress, Barrie enough to purchase one of his sports cars. He failed miserably but the JPS girls kept us all supplied with free fags.... It was the same at Fords stand and Jaguar's. Everybody wanted Barrie on their stand for Photo shoots. The opportunities we were afforded that day was endless. Ferrari were the same and welcomes us all with open arms.. They even offered Barrie a car for a month trial in a effort to persuade him to buy..... You cannot believe the amount of goodies I brought home that day....

When I again visited the Motor Show, years later, I was treated very differently. 'Stay behind the barrier please sir' Thank you!!!!! It just proved to one and all if you are a known 'Highflyer' the doors will open for you. Us mere mortals are seen differently........

Wow!! I have to presume you do this work for nothing? Or do you get paid for the service you provide by the company you for work for, either way surely you're not expecting each and everyone who watches a program, you were involved with, to pay you personally for the honour. So Nobody is stealing anything from you.....

We sure are getting personal here. I don't owe Sky or BT nothing, and can source the same programs from alternative supplier free of charge...... All of us have the choice !!

Many years ago I was privileged to accompany Barrie Sheene to the Motor Show at Earls Court. What an experience that was and truly highlighted the different worlds that we all live in. We were accepted on every stand and nobody could have been more helpful in their attitude to make us so welcome. We stayed on the Lotus stall for ages where Colin Chapman was out to impress, Barrie enough to purchase one of his sports cars. He failed miserably but the JPS girls kept us all supplied with free fags.... It was the same at Fords stand and Jaguar's. Everybody wanted Barrie on their stand for Photo shoots. The opportunities we were afforded that day was endless. Ferrari were the same and welcomes us all with open arms.. They even offered Barrie a car for a month trial in a effort to persuade him to buy..... You cannot believe the amount of goodies I brought home that day....

When I again visited the Motor Show, years later, I was treated very differently. 'Stay behind the barrier please sir' Thank you!!!!! It just proved to one and all if you are a known 'Highflyer' the doors will open for you. Us mere mortals are seen differently........

Yep how true. People like Barry Sheene can open doors for a period of time, unless you have that bottomless pit of money.. The differnce between the have's and the have nots.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Your argument is downright laughable.

Yes, you have the choice, everybody does. Some choose to steal, others don't. Many people watch programmes via Kodi, but they acknowledge what they are doing.

If somebody burgles your house next week and takes everything, will you accept that they 'had the choice' to do so?

You aren't 'sourcing' from an alternative supplier. The supplier is the same Sky or BT (in most cases). You're just watching a pirated version.

• Like 1

Of course I get paid, thats why it's stealing from me. And actually it DOES effect me. If you steal the stream they won't renew the contract so my work won't be needed on the next series as their won't be one. If you don't steal my work them the production company will make another series and I'll get paid again.

So you ARE stealing from me and yes it is personal. If I stole your work you'd consider it personal FFS!

It makes me angry that people think that streaming TV and using pirate software is fair game. I've worked damn hard to make my software why the hell should you get to use it for nothing?

Of course I get paid, thats why it's stealing from me. And actually it DOES effect me. If you steal the stream they won't renew the contract so my work won't be needed on the next series as their won't be one. If you don't steal my work them the production company will make another series and I'll get paid again.

So you ARE stealing from me and yes it is personal. If I stole your work you'd consider it personal FFS!

It makes me angry that people think that streaming TV and using pirate software is fair game. I've worked damn hard to make my software why the hell should you get to use it for nothing?

I understand that piracy is illegal and nobody should do it but you won't stop it unless the companies that do the streaming are stopped. It's the same with ticket touts, if they were arrested then they wouldn't be touts standing outside football grounds buying and selling tickets. It seems we have a turn a blind eye culture, when i go to a football match touts are everywhere, police are everywhere but they don't arrest anyone.

How do you get the streamers nicked though? Especially if they are based overseas? If it was simple to shut down, I'd say you wouldn't be able to view pirated streams of sports, movies etc.

I'd take their continued existence of evidence it is nearly impossible to stop, not that the copyright owners font care about piracy.

They do get them shut down, then they move and open up somewhere else.

Which is why these apps/sources keep springing up as others have fallen by the wayside.

Edited by BWitcher

Have obviously hit a sore point.... But to me you're going well over the top. I assume you are working for SKY as they are the only company you pay to view. Had you worked for the BBC or ITV everyone can receive them at no cost. Streaming TV boxes have been out for some time are sold in the millions all over the world. Many of these programs are free issue, many are transmitted from other countries that we would not normally be able to see.. Sky and BT don't have to stream on the net, but its something they are prepared to do.. They are more aware of the issues than you or I will ever know, but they continue to do so.

I'm not naïve and appreciate the financial implications of the streaming programs. Sky must also appreciate the possibilities of streaming their programs from the net, and if they do not want people to see their programs then put a block to it.

Only recently, Sky have introduce the Cube, a streaming devise, capable of sourcing programs from across the world. My question now is : why is it so wrong to stream SKY programs when they are in turn streaming programs from across the world themselves...???.

I don't know what stealing cars has to do with anything...

So you are saying sky shouldn't provide a service to their subscribers (ability to view online) because of the risk the streams will be pirated?

They do block none subscribers from viewing the content, the issue is it is impossible to stop the content from being restreamed by these "pirates. "

I'm not having a dig at people who view such streams, but I really font see how anyone can deny that it is theft.

There is going to be a generation which grows up having known nothing but the ability to watch everything FOC and that will obviously result in fundamental change to industries such as sports, movies and TV, where majority of revenue has been based historically on the ability to charge customers to view it.

• Like 2

Have obviously hit a sore point.... But to me you're going well over the top. I assume you are working for SKY as they are the only company you pay to view. Had you worked for the BBC or ITV everyone can receive them at no cost. Streaming TV boxes have been out for some time are sold in the millions all over the world. Many of these programs are free issue, many are transmitted from other countries that we would not normally be able to see.. Sky and BT don't have to stream on the net, but its something they are prepared to do.. They are more aware of the issues than you or I will ever know, but they continue to do so.

I'm not naïve and appreciate the financial implications of the streaming programs. Sky must also appreciate the possibilities of streaming their programs from the net, and if they do not want people to see their programs then put a block to it.

Only recently, Sky have introduce the Cube, a streaming devise, capable of sourcing programs from across the world. My question now is : why is it so wrong to stream SKY programs when they are in turn streaming programs from across the world themselves...???.

I don't know what stealing cars has to do with anything...

I've had work on BBC, ITV, S4C and Sky FWIW. And yes, you have hit a sore point, you are encouraging people to steal MY work. Why are you having so much trouble getting this? I work hard, sometimes horribly long hours on projects so when I see people discussing how it's a victimless crime, it's not rerally a crime, everyone does it, it's acceptable to do it then yes it pisses me off!

Just because you don't "pay" for ITV and BBC watching them streams also means figures won't be counted and that means that while ITV and the BBC may not lose money (having already paid for the show) it when the next series is not commissioned that me and 10's of people like me lose out. The longer a show runs for the more we make ultimately as an older show requires less work but still pays out the same to us. So anything you watch in some dodgy way eventually costs me.

So yeah, if I'm over reacting because you're costing me £1000s, I make no apologies.

As for your comment about Sky streaming stuff them selves (the BBC do too on the iPlayer BTW) then if you can't see the difference theres really no point carry on.

And I'd piss myself laughing if you go into work tomorrow and find out you're being laid off because someone stole form one of your suppliers or customers!

It's exactly like stealing a car, you're taking something from someone that is going to have a cost implication for them and you're breaking the law.

Well said SCB - it is not a victimless crime - it is theft plain and simple!

How someone can boast they have owned a Porsche but don't pay for speedway and football on the television is beyond contempt - even encouraging others as if it's ok! :rolleyes::nono:

Edited by Steve0

How someone can boast they have owned a Porsche but don't pay for speedway and football on the television is beyond contempt - even encouraging others as if it's ok! :rolleyes::nono:

Piracy has gone on for years and will forever continue. Sky, BT etc know this. But they are offshore behind vpns and its a hell of a job to get them closed. And even when they are successful the pirate will just open up again on a new server.

I don't subscribe to Sky because it doesn't offer me anything I want to watch. I get BT for free. Most sport is through foreign channels. The 3 o'clock kickoffs are not Sky or BT. There's a multitude of channels offering the 3 o'clocks in HD. As this service is not available in the uk I am not ripping off any uk ppv channel.

It is extremely easy to get every channel on astra for next to nothing in no time. Buy an openbox satellite receiver off ebay, then buy a Sky Gift off ebay for a tenner, put in the code and voila, all channels for free, without a kodi box. And you don't have to be tech savvy its so easy. Sky must know but don't close down the ebay gift sellers.

As for my Porsche, no boasting at all. Just my daily use car at the time. Work hard, get the rewards. My priorities now are elsewhere.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I've had work on BBC, ITV, S4C and Sky FWIW. And yes, you have hit a sore point, you are encouraging people to steal MY work. Why are you having so much trouble getting this? I work hard, sometimes horribly long hours on projects so when I see people discussing how it's a victimless crime, it's not rerally a crime, everyone does it, it's acceptable to do it then yes it pisses me off!

Just because you don't "pay" for ITV and BBC watching them streams also means figures won't be counted and that means that while ITV and the BBC may not lose money (having already paid for the show) it when the next series is not commissioned that me and 10's of people like me lose out. The longer a show runs for the more we make ultimately as an older show requires less work but still pays out the same to us. So anything you watch in some dodgy way eventually costs me.

So yeah, if I'm over reacting because you're costing me £1000s, I make no apologies.

As for your comment about Sky streaming stuff them selves (the BBC do too on the iPlayer BTW) then if you can't see the difference theres really no point carry on. You're a lowlife thief who steals from me. I think you're scum. And I'd piss myself laughing if you go into work tomorrow and find out you're being laid off because someone stole form one of your suppliers or customers!

It's exactly like stealing a car, you're taking something from someone that is going to have a cost implication for them and you're breaking the law.

We are never going to agree on this subject. Whilst I understand your work involvement, I cannot see the direct connection you feel. You say you have worked long hours but no doubt you have been well rewarded. I too worked many days and weeks with little restbite but sometimes that par for the course. In your first sentence, you mention about figures being correct of the watching audiences, You have to understand the streaming of programs off the net is world wide and is accepted as the way forward. For you to expect people only to watch our programs, using the old system on television and aerial is way out of date.

Nobody is stealing your work. Its just your way of glorifying the deception you feel people are doing. I 've worked on many products,, As soon as I've been paid for work then its handed over I cease to own it.

You and others are blinded here, governed totally about the thought of people watching Sky products free of charge. You fail to understand that streaming from the net is big business.. It is estimated that within 3 yrs sourcing programs from the net will be the most popular way of watching TV. USA, China, Europe, Australia, have all jumped on the bandwagon,, but you say, using it in the UK is wrong. There are millions of computer devises capable of enjoying downloaded streams . You worrying about figures and future broadcasting, is understandably a concern, but I have no doubt the Companies will know all about the audience figures. The pricing of these programs will be met by new ways, advertising, franchise, licencing will come to the fore... Streaming won't go away....

The rest of your post surprised me. I was of the impression you were a man of substance, Integrity, somebody who could discuss and evaluate. . but I got that wrong too.... When somebody can turn so easily into a vile mouth, aggressive individual, then any respect one had has gone forever. I cant comment on words like 'Scum' and 'Lowlife' as they are something in life I've had little to do with. But am surprised, them accusation are allowed of a forum such as this .

Am sorry I was wrong about you..............

• Like 1

Of course, it goes on all the time. And you still never answered my question, did you. And dont say what question was that. Prim and proper then yeh ? ;)

Edited by Starman2006

well I love my openbox my feed is from Ireland (ALL FREE ) do I care that it's illegal :nono: NO

You'd better tell SCB that mate. He'l have kids.. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Anyway back to Poole 2017. Theres a nice article about Kyle and James in the local Echo today - back page photo too!!

I've seen it having actually bought the paper - rather than reading it for free online this time. Journalists have to be paid for their work after all!!! ;-)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4