British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Im not saying they should all be reassessed but it has to be a level playing field across the board.

If you are going to convert the EDR riders from Premier league averages then it has to be all of them.

Steve Worrall is a better rider than Kyle Newman so he should have a higher average. But if you are going to have Newman on 3.79 then Worrall gets his average converted as well.

Joe Jacobs has an elite league average almost the same as his premier league one. (5.36 and 5.14).

He gained his elite league average from the reserve berth only, so should he be 5.14 next season?? No is the answer. He should be 3.22 with the conversion.

You cant just convert 1 or 2 EDR riders you have to do all of them and in Belle Vues case they would have had a right touch!

ONE of the problems with averages is illustrated by Joe Jacobs who scores loads of points at Belle Vue and virtually none at places like Wolverhampton and Lakeside.

ONE of the problems with averages is illustrated by Joe Jacobs who scores loads of points at Belle Vue and virtually none at places like Wolverhampton and Lakeside.

Correct

But as i said if the rule is premier league conversion then Jacobs will be on 3.22 which is ridiculously low for the way he rides his home track but maybe to high for the way he rides some away tracks. Either way he may improve at some places so 3.22 is a good base for your number 7

Adam Ellis rode more of the season in the main body than Newman and averaged more by 0.08

Therefore he must have a higher average next season than Newman (laughable how Shovlar reckons it should be 3.00!)

Convert Ellis to Newmans premier average and add on 0.08 (elite league difference) would convert to 4.12 which in my view would be to low for someone who is better than Newman and able to hold team a second string role

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Yes i agree with that, one thing i find strange is why Matt Ford is interested to get Cyfer when he can have Kacper Gomolski, can't imagine Cyfer would be less than a 5 point assessed average.

You never know Poole could end up with both - although I doubt Matt will be convinced based on just one meeting in October!!

Ellis has kinda ridden too well, without having a PL side to get a place for next season coming in on a 5.7ish average. Which is fairly ridiculous. It would take an statistician with commitment to remove the the heat 2 scores from the averages of Bates, Howarth, Ellis, Newman, the Woralls et al. But I think that would be the fairest way to do it. By heat 12 if they are going to score points then they should.

I mean have Kennett, Lawson, Bridger been at reserve for the odd fixture?

• Like 1

All this talk about averages for Newman on the draft. Firstly the draft is meant to be changing or scrapped next year so nobody knows what the rules will be. Secondly, surely there must be a limit to how long you can be on the draft list. Newman and Auty have been on it for 3 years already and already had EL experience before then.

Edited by mdmc82

Rubbish. It's because fuel gone up in the Uk and he can't afford to run his van!!! ;);)

• Like 1

Steve shovlar said -

Rumours of the return of Milik for next season would be great if true. 5.67 average should be surpassed.

average wouldn't apply , should be 7 like they brought in this year.

1. Chris Holder 8.95/Maciej Janowski 8.97 (If Holder quits)

2. Antonio Lindback 7.00

3. Krzysztof Kasprzak 7.91

4. Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

5. Vaclav Milik 5.67

6. Kyle Newman 4.00 (If I'm understanding the reserves situation right he'll be a 4???)

7. Tom Perry 3.00 (Another 3.00??? Not Ellis, he should be more than that)

Total 42.22/42.24

I know this team will be wrong for some reason or another, but it'd be good to watch I think :)

Milik and THJ would be upgraded as standard set as 7.

Team which i would like to see next year would be.

1.Magic =8.97

2.J.Holder= 4.30

3.V.Milik=5.40

4.K.Gomolski=5.51

5.KK=7.91

6.Adrian Cyfer=4

7.K.Newman=5.52

Gomolski, Milik and Cyfer won't start on those low averages.

Milik confirmed as a 2017 target by Matt Ford today, although continental commitments may not make it possible.

5.67 from KL last season makes it a decent average.

missed a year out so will need reassessing.

Hi PL average is 6.31, meaning he should come in on 3.16. Doubt we will have two riders on a lower average so Kyle will be one of our reserves.

that's assuming they keep the PL conversions. Don't need to when you have actual EL draft averages tho.

Those are the rules. His PL average doesn't lie.

we don't know the rules for 2017.

What about Leon Madsen what would he come in on?

reassessed average like Lindback.

If Woffinden can come in on a existing average so can Madsen.

but not Lindback? ? Explain? ??

Not alone with those naff tracks.

Wolves has won best prepared track 4 out the past 5 seasons. So hardly naff. :rofl:

average wouldn't apply , should be 7 like they brought in this year.

Milik and THJ would be upgraded as standard set as 7.

missed a year out so will need reassessing.

reassessed average like Lindback.

Why would Milik be re-asseses? He has an official average. If you think Milik needs his average raising, you are therefore admitting Woffinden was a ringer.

• Like 3

Chapman's plan must include, a transparent and consistent application of the new rule book and the creation of a genuinely level playing field. An important aspect of that should be that riders who rode less than 12 qualifying matches here last year should be assessed based on their average abroad.

Trying to get a rider like Milk on an old average, when he has clearly improved since then, must not be allowed.

• Like 2

Why would Milik be re-asseses? He has an official average. If you think Milik needs his average raising, you are therefore admitting Woffinden was a ringer.

As Woffinden is currently the best rider in the World (reigning World Champion) surely his average should have been reassessed to 10 points to reflect this when he was brought in by Wolves for the playoffs?? He should NEVER have been able to ride as a second string!!!!!!!!

Edited by scottyfan
  • Like 2

Likewise you would know bringing in a rider on a ridiculously low average like Milik is is also a ringer.

The late season rule change has made it all clear anyway. All riders missing a season in the EL or new to it get re-assessed 6.5 or 7.just like Lindback was.

So which one is right??

If Milik is right all this talk of Woffy being on a wrong average then is complete nonsense.

Edited for duplicate post.

Edited by stevebrum

I just do not understand these people, who have no say, say this will be done and this or that avererage will be adjusted.

None of us know what will happen at the BSPA meeting in November and what will or will not be agreed.

There are many things that could happen but whatever it is I hope will make speedway be more attractive for the paying public. Take any sport other than speedway there has always been a squad to take into account injury or loss of form. I can not see teams having a number in there squad but some kind of movement to this could help.

I know we do not want teams to be too strong but some clubs can afford more than other as in other sports. Also some riders do not want to ride for some employers for various reasons.

Let's hope agreement will be reached in November and we may have 3 good leagues.

You will never please everyone and some people will never be satisfied.

Trying to get a rider like Milk on an old average, when he has clearly improved since then, must not be allowed.

Think the first word in that sentence that you were looking for is POOLE........Jeez why is it that EVERY rider Poole may be interested in, has to have their average increased?? I bet if any other teams were after the same riders, their averages would be fine!!!! FFS!!!!

• Like 1

Quite right, there is no reason for any of them to be re-assessed.

So you admit that Woffy was on a correct average then and wasn't a 'ringer' I take it?

Absolutely. So long as it's spread fair across all teams and riders then no one can complain.