British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

We are all judged throughout our lives. Gavan said he couldn't afford to go to speedway as it would cost him 50 quid. Fair enough. But if you haven't got 50 quid rattling around in the bottom of your pockets something isn't right, and that isn't aimed at just Gavan.

Speedway is one of the cheapest sports to attend. If I discovered I was not able to go to speedway as I couldn't afford it, I would be assessing why not and doing something about it.

Sure its judgemental. As is everthing in life.

And starman, no I am not a better person than Gavan. I am not better than anyone. Just because I have a different outlook on things doesn't make me better.

If you have no problem with being judgemental you definately give the impression that you are both arrogant and thick as for starman wouldnt know where to start!!

Gavan you must be a very proud parent and rightly so.

• Like 1

And a lot of it will depend how much it costs by coach..

Depends where your going. On average between £20 and £30 should i add per person.

Edited by Starman2006

We are all judged throughout our lives. Gavan said he couldn't afford to go to speedway as it would cost him 50 quid. Fair enough. But if you haven't got 50 quid rattling around in the bottom of your pockets something isn't right, and that isn't aimed at just Gavan.

Speedway is one of the cheapest sports to attend. If I discovered I was not able to go to speedway as I couldn't afford it, I would be assessing why not and doing something about it.

Sure its judgemental. As is everthing in life.

And starman, no I am not a better person than Gavan. I am not better than anyone. Just because I have a different outlook on things doesn't make me better.

disagree. You can only be judged if the opinion of others matter.

The only judgement I might make (using your analogy) is to give respect irregardless until someone proves they aren't worthy of your respect.

People like you maybe "have 50 quid rattling around" the vast majority of us have to budget for all things in life, and naturally some have bigger budgets.

Because nearly everyone has a car and no longer needs to go by coach.

Yet another assumptive post! I personally know people that travel via bus/tram/train to get to speedway meetings and even a work colleague I know travels to work by bus.

Stop with the bold statements that are clearly coming from your own world and experiences.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1

Because nearly everyone has a car and no longer needs to go by coach.

But people can no longer afford it. everybody is not all in your position, alledgedly.. Perhaps you would like to contact Matt and offer to be main team sponsor with all that surplus money you have spare.. ;)

Hmm, i thought as much..

Edited by Starman2006

disagree. You can only be judged if the opinion of others matter.

The only judgement I might make (using your analogy) is to give respect irregardless until someone proves they aren't worthy of your respect.

People like you maybe "have 50 quid rattling around" the vast majority of us have to budget for all things in life, and naturally some have bigger budgets.

Yet another assumptive post! I personally know people that travel via bus/tram/train to get to speedway meetings and even a work colleague I know travels to work by bus.

Stop with the bold statements that are clearly coming from your own world and experiences.

You say it like it's shocking that someone goes to work by bus! Which I have done pretty much my whole life, apart from now cos it is only a 5 min walk! :)

So back on topic its looking very good for Poole again this season in my opinion.

We have one of if not the best number one, excellent back up at two, a young and improving third heat leader backed up with two riders determined to have good seasons. Add in a reserve who will score big on occassons and we look to be one of THE strongest team in the league.

Eight weeks to the start of the season. Roll on March and let battle commence!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Agree with all of that (Poole ought to finish top) apart from the idea that KK might be the best number one in the league, he is going to have to have a exceptional season to outscore Doyle and / or Holder (or they will have to have bad ones).

• Like 1

Agree with all of that (Poole ought to finish top) apart from the idea that KK might be the best number one in the league, he is going to have to have a exceptional season to outscore Doyle and / or Holder (or they will have to have bad ones).

must agree Doyle and holder have to a poor season for kk to top them kk blows hot and cold in my opinion

Steve Shovlar, on 15 Jan 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

So back on topic its looking very good for Poole again this season in my opinion.

We have one of if not the best number one, excellent back up at two, a young and improving third heat leader backed up with two riders determined to have good seasons. Add in a reserve who will score big on occassons and we look to be one of THE strongest team in the league.

Eight weeks to the start of the season. Roll on March and let battle commence!

Lets hope there are enough teams to compete against or it will be dozen meetings against Somerset & the Robins !!!

I said one of, if not the best. I didn't say he was the best, though certainly he is around Poole.

Kings Lynn look very good and Wolves will give a decent account of themselves, but I think it will be between Poole and Rye House for the title.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

so you don't think Brady has been struggling so far in Australia?? Very strange. Fair play to the lad he came out today and ride superbly , the form that quite clearly has not been there so far. Hope he has his confidence back and can leave the series after a good win. Disappointing overall for him to finish low down though. Well done to Sam Masters , as I said only Wolves 3rd best rider. That's some heat leader trio for Wolves that will take some stopping

yeah I'm so gutted Brady won. He has struggled so far in Australia yet you and a couple of your cronies failed to see it. Today was his true form and well done to him.

Just to simplify things for some if you

Brady Kurtz won the Aussie title last year.

This year he was in 7th.

He was struggling for form.

Apparently that's not allowed to be discussed

He showed his true form in the last round so leaves the series on a high.

The fact is he finished 7th in a series he won last year.

I hope he carrys on the form he showed in the last round if he is to be Pooles third heat leader

Unreal how the usual select few cant debate

As I stated previously, my objection to the way you described Brady's performances was the use of the word 'struggling'!

Below par maybe - not as good as he would have expected maybe - but in a 4-round series I don't consider any rider that reached 2 B finals (2nd and 3rd inc an engine failure) and won 1 A final to be 'struggling', anymore than finishing 7th out of 16 is 'struggling'!!

Thank you for your final praise of Brady - albeit with the usual 'sting in the tail' comment.

Incidentally in catching up on all the exchanges on here since I was last on yesterday morning, I reckon your family must be regretting all the family time they are missing out on through you being on here so much!! :P

Edited by Skidder1

Maybe not top but in top three definately. KK will prove to be a great signing. Doyle coming back from injury may take his time to get back to last seasons level.

Or perhaps Doyle won't get back to where he was. It was a nasty confidence sapping crash. It took Holder a long time to recapture good form after his visit under the Coventry airfence.

It was good to see Doyle going so well and hope he does recover to where he was but there's more to it than having mended bones.