British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

i always read what gavan says about brady and jack that there not riding to their potential you would think that brady would be in the mix to defend the title he won last year my opinion

i wouldnt expect Jack to be challenging to be fair but Brady should be. seems some don't like that opinion and cant debate

Oh yes, Sheffield fans are discussing Todd are they? How about you leave POOLE fans to discuss Brady then, if that is what happens on other clubs threads. I have no problem with other fans discussing Poole riders but you seem to enjoy saying our ones are riding bad in Aus, that is what annoys people.

You want me to leave Poole fans to discuss Brady but yet you told me I should go to the Rye House page to discuss Davey Watt.......tad hypocritical there!

Why cant Poole riders be discussed by fans of other clubs? Very strange attitude.

As ive already told you.

Ive discussed Masters and Pickering on the Edinburgh and Wolves threads.

Ive discussed Watt on the Rye House thread

Ive discussed Tungate on the Somerset thread

Yet you have issues with Poole riders being discussed. Funnily enough this is the only thread where you cant have an opinion.

You still haven't answered my question.....Is Brady underperforming in Australia?

Im guessing if Brady was flying and leading it then you would be more than happy to chat about it.

Oh and for your information fans of different clubs are talking about Todd Kurtz on the Sheffield thread......its called a forum you see

• Like 1

Oh yes, Sheffield fans are discussing Todd are they? How about you leave POOLE fans to discuss Brady then, if that is what happens on other clubs threads. I have no problem with other fans discussing Poole riders but you seem to enjoy saying our ones are riding bad in Aus, that is what annoys people.

Calm down take a breath my beautiful little flower.

• Like 2

The issue with you Gav for several Poole fans is that you used the word 'struggling' when describing particularly Brady's efforts.

IMO 'struggling' is very different to being 'below par'. 'Struggling' is not reflected in Brady reaching 2 B finals. 'Struggling' would mean only scoring 0-5 points per meeting!!

In any case while you lot were all arguing last night I'm pleased to report another 'sold out' Game Show quiz night at Poole Stadium Champs Bar, with some insightful comments from 'Phone a Friend' - Aussie Team Manager Mark Lemon - who when asked about Jack and Brady's performances, reminded people that they are still only 20 years old!! He expects Jack to take the Premiership 'by storm' and Brady to just about hold his own on tracks that he has now ridden a couple of times at least - being more of a 'slow-burner'!!

Also another good interview with Kyle Newman, who said he is well on course with his mechanical and physical fitness and looking forward to the season at both clubs.

He referred to Ipswich as a well-run Championship club - a bit like a 'smaller Poole'!! (I had to smile when he said that!) lol

Edited by Skidder1

Shame I couldn't make the quiz last night but was in Sussex all day and due to the train strikes the roads were particularly busy. Didn't get back to Poole till gone 7 so too much of a rush. Sure I missed another good evening as the quizes Nij puts together are alwwys entertaining.

As for Gavan, his attitude on the Poole threads is antagonistic and causes friction. Posts where he tries to be constructive are ruined by a dig at 'certain Poole fans', either calling them names are dissing them by saying they won't debate. The problem is Gavans viewpoint is twisted to anti Poole. Quite a few Poole fans have wised up to this. Lisa the latest victim as she has seen through him. And no matter how hard he moans about the way his posts are treated in general on the Poole threads, a change of attitude is needed over a long period of time for people to start acknowledging his posts.

For me the horse has already bolted and its impossible to debate with someone so negative towards our riders and club.

• Like 2

thanks. It's quite interesting when you go on the Somerset thread and you read the comments from other forum members about this 'Kurtz' debate. Seems the same few Poole fans wind up and annoy everyone and as someone points out its a shame that Lisa is now mentioned in the same breath as Starman! Also quite interesting on the Sheffield thread that their fans are discussing the form of Todd Kurtz. Guess it's just Poole that don't like discussing their riders form!

Then bugger off to the somerset thread and antaganise there fans and riders. We do NOT want you on here..

Shame I couldn't make the quiz last night but was in Sussex all day and due to the train strikes the roads were particularly busy. Didn't get back to Poole till gone 7 so too much of a rush. Sure I missed another good evening as the quizes Nij puts together are alwwys entertaining.

As for Gavan, his attitude on the Poole threads is antagonistic and causes friction. Posts where he tries to be constructive are ruined by a dig at 'certain Poole fans', either calling them names are dissing them by saying they won't debate. The problem is Gavans viewpoint is twisted to anti Poole. Quite a few Poole fans have wised up to this. Lisa the latest victim as she has seen through him. And no matter how hard he moans about the way his posts are treated in general on the Poole threads, a change of attitude is needed over a long period of time for people to start acknowledging his posts.

For me the horse has already bolted and its impossible to debate with someone so negative towards our riders and club.

Steve he's either totally thick skinned or totally ..... You cannot debate with that sort of person..

Edited by Starman2006

Actually it doesn't annoy me. :lol: You're getting too wound up lately and need to chill about comments regarding Poole riders. You don't want to end up like Starman do you? :P

......Starman2006............Steve he's either totally thick skinned or totally ..... You cannot debate with that sort of person..

:rofl:

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

The issue with you Gav for several Poole fans is that you used the word 'struggling' when describing particularly Brady's efforts.

IMO 'struggling' is very different to being 'below par'. 'Struggling' is not reflected in Brady reaching 2 B finals.

In any case while you lot were all arguing last night I'm pleased to report another 'sold out' Game Show quiz night at Poole Stadium Champs Bar, with some insightful comments from 'Phone a Friend' - Aussie Team Manager Mark Lemon - who when asked about Jack and Brady's performances, reminded people that they are still only 20 years old!! He expects Jack to take the Premiership 'by storm' and Brady to just about hold his own on tracks that he has now ridden a couple of times at least - being more of a 'slow-burner'!!

Also another good interview with Kyle Newman, who said he is well on course with his mechanical and physical fitness and looking forward to the season at both clubs.

He referred to Ipswich as a well-run Championship club - a bit like a 'smaller Poole'!! (I had to smile when he said that!) lol

Strange comment Kurtz really did well in his first couple of PL seasons alot better than Jack.With Holder i suppose the problems Plymouth had were endless so maybe that had something to do with his average as i expected alot better.Holder i think is a real rider will tear it up at Peterborough and do well in his maiden senior campaign Kurtz also will do well a talented lad.

Then bugger off to the somerset thread and antaganise there fans and riders. We do NOT want you on here..

Steve he's either totally thick skinned or totally ..... You cannot debate with that sort of person..

you speak for yourself at least he his constructive that's more than I can say for you
  • Like 3

you speak for yourself at least he his constructive that's more than I can say for you

Really. Whys that, because i say what i want to say not what anybody else wants to hear... Sad bunch..

Edited by Starman2006

have no problem at all with gavans interpretation of this yrs aussie champs,mostly reasonable assessments, it is a forum some will agree some will disagree.bradys unexpected win last yr probably inflated his true position in world speedway, however i do think he will have a very solid season for poole.young holder is a real talent and who knows what levels he will reach.like several other posters i dont think current aussie form is any more than a rough indicator of how the riders will perform in the prem,like someone else posted we dont even know what equipment theyre using.very happy with poole team, matt ford to be congratulated on once again assembling what will be a team challenging for top spot im sure

• Like 1

have no problem at all with gavans interpretation of this yrs aussie champs,mostly reasonable assessments, it is a forum some will agree some will disagree.bradys unexpected win last yr probably inflated his true position in world speedway, however i do think he will have a very solid season for poole.young holder is a real talent and who knows what levels he will reach.like several other posters i dont think current aussie form is any more than a rough indicator of how the riders will perform in the prem,like someone else posted we dont even know what equipment theyre using.very happy with poole team, matt ford to be congratulated on once again assembling what will be a team challenging for top spot im sure

Of course its not, the seaon starts in March. But you are not allowed to dissagree with his posts, they are gospel..But every post he puts up there's a little dig in there against Poole somewhere, he's always been the same sinse he came on this forum. The way he goes on you would think he lost 100k to Matt. Im very happy with the team as well. :t:

Look who's back and straight on the poole thread. What a sad person.. Case rested..

Edited by Starman2006

4 or 5 pages of rubbish caused by 3 select members of the blue tints.

It's so very simple. I asked if any Poole fans were worried about Bradys form in Australia.

That surely is a reasonable question.

Apparently I have no right to ask this.

Any normal fan would have a debate and if the answer was they were not worried then that's totally fine

Foreverblue discussed that he wasn't worried because Aussie form doesn't translate over here. That is what you call a sensible answer.

Rayc also said he wasn't concerned as the season is 2 months away. Again that's how you answer a question.

Then we come to Lisa who came up with the point I dislike all Poole riders....strange girl

She and the other numpty have conveniently forgot that I've discussed other Aussie riders on other teams threads but as I would expect the fans of those clubs (like foreverblue and rayc) actually debate the point.

By all means Poole fans you don't have to be worried about Bradys form

But if your trying to say he is doing ok your kidding yourselves

and that Starman and Lisa is how you answer a question
  • Like 5

Who cares about the Australian Championship form of riders. There can be many reasons for the form including what equipment they have.

There are a few people on here that just seem to want to wind each other up.

The Leagues in this country will be decided on the track and I just hope we all have good racing to watch.

In the meantime carry on with all discussions that are really meaningless.

• Like 1

Who cares about the Australian Championship form of riders. There can be many reasons for the form including what equipment they have.

The Leagues in this country will be decided on the track and I just hope we all have good racing to watch.

Season doesn't start till March.. :t:

Yes! :D

Lisa, ignore certain posters, they will end up talking to themselves.. ;)

Anyway back to reality.

Sincere condolences to Middlo on the loss of his mum today after illness.

RIP Bridget Middleditch - our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with the family.

Just read your post on our site mate. Really sad to hear..