British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

I would have thought Brady would have a been a lot closer than he is Davy seemed to have faded still fancy max fricke to win it

I would think Fricke's seven-point gap to Sedgmen too great. That's a big margin in a meeting with a maximum of 19 points on offer. Not exactly Sedgmen's to lose, but it's surely between him and Masters (who trails him by three in second place) now.

I would have thought Brady would have a been a lot closer than he is Davy seemed to have faded still fancy max fricke to win it

Thank you. A Poole fan that can actually have a debate rather than just abuse. As defending champ, and a young and promising rider, he should be better than 7th.

I cant see Fricke making up the deficit. The maximum is 19 which would mean Sedgy getting less than 12. It could happen but i think its Sedgy or Masters for me

Its called being at work. My PC is on all day but i cant post if i have customers.

As i said i posted on the Somerset thread and no issues there. Its always the same if you have a differing opinion on a Poole thread to the usual suspects then you just get pounced upon

Have you been on the Rye House thread to ask the Rye House supporters if the are worried by Davey Watts below par performance in round 3 of the Aussie title series??

• Like 1

I would think Fricke's seven-point gap to Sedgmen too great. That's a big margin in a meeting with a maximum of 19 points on offer. Not exactly Sedgmen's to lose, but it's surely between him and Masters (who trails him by three in second place) now.

Thank you. A Poole fan that can actually have a debate rather than just abuse. As defending champ, and a young and promising rider, he should be better than 7th.

I cant see Fricke making up the deficit. The maximum is 19 which would mean Sedgy getting less than 12. It could happen but i think its Sedgy or Masters for me

did not realise he was that far behind no chance then really

Have you been on the Rye House thread to ask the Rye House supporters if the are worried by Davey Watts below par performance in round 3 of the Aussie title series??

No i havent sorry. Should i go on every teams thread and discuss their riders?

Try looking a little bit deeper. Ive been on Wolves thread re Masters, Edinburgh thread re Pickering, have also been on the Rye thread re Watt doing well. Somerset thread as well re Tungate.

With regards to Watt he is doing as i expected. Would never have him down as the winner of the whole thing so he is actually higher than i thought.

Sedgy obviously is doing better than i thought, Masters and Morris are where i though they would be. Batch maybe higher and Fricke would have been my favourite beforehand.

Davey Watt is a second string doing very well in oz. Why would Rye fans be worried?

Ha ha! Of course not.

read my post aboce Lisa then see if you can come back with a constructive answer please.

1. Sedgman 46 (doing better than expected)

2. Masters 43 (doing as expected)

3. Watt 39 (doing better than expected)

4. Fricke 39 (slightly below expected)

5. Batch 35 (slightly below expected)

6. Morris 31 (doing as expected)

7. Kurtz 25 (as the defending champ he is performing below his standard)

8. Holder 23 (doing as expected)

9. Tungate 19 (doing way below expected)

Those 9 riders are the only ones really in with any chance of the finals in the meetings.

If you think one slightly below par performance form Watt would cause Rye House fans to be worried i would guess not. He isnt getting any better and is only a second string.

Likewise Wolves and Leicester fans (if he signs) should be delighted by Masters and Sedgys performances.

Likewise the Somerset fans must be a little worried about Tungate at the moment.

Im sorry if your to precious to have a debate but when the current champ (a young promising rider on the way up in the sport) is only 7th (and not likely to go higher) then that has to rank as a disappointment.

Im sure if Bartosz Zmarzlik drops down to 9th in the world next year then he will not be happy.

For once it would be nice if you could realise that nobody is criticising your rider, just simply saying he hasnt performed in Australia so far.

He may well fly in the last meeting and win it and i will be straight back on here to say his form has changed, but for now it hasnt.

did not realise he was that far behind no chance then really

I thought Fricke, Masters and Kurtz would be the top 3 though i wasnt sure what order, but Sedgy and a resurgent Watt have been outstanding.

And to yourself and the Poole fans who understand what im saying sorry for going off on one.

Apparantly im not allowed to ask if your worried about Brady, and then nobody can seem to answer that without throwing insults.

Surely most fans (Poole included) would expect him to have been higher?

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Try looking a little bit deeper. Ive been on Wolves thread re Masters, Edinburgh thread re Pickering, have also been on the Rye thread re Watt doing well. Somerset thread as well re Tungate.

With regards to Watt he is doing as i expected. Would never have him down as the winner of the whole thing so he is actually higher than i thought.

Sedgy obviously is doing better than i thought, Masters and Morris are where i though they would be. Batch maybe higher and Fricke would have been my favourite beforehand.

Davey Watt is a second string doing very well in oz. Why would Rye fans be worried?

read my post aboce Lisa then see if you can come back with a constructive answer please.

Those 9 riders are the only ones really in with any chance of the finals in the meetings.

If you think one slightly below par performance form Watt would cause Rye House fans to be worried i would guess not. He isnt getting any better and is only a second string.

Likewise Wolves and Leicester fans (if he signs) should be delighted by Masters and Sedgys performances.

Likewise the Somerset fans must be a little worried about Tungate at the moment.

Im sorry if your to precious to have a debate but when the current champ (a young promising rider on the way up in the sport) is only 7th (and not likely to go higher) then that has to rank as a disappointment.

Im sure if Bartosz Zmarzlik drops down to 9th in the world next year then he will not be happy.

For once it would be nice if you could realise that nobody is criticising your rider, just simply saying he hasnt performed in Australia so far.

He may well fly in the last meeting and win it and i will be straight back on here to say his form has changed, but for now it hasnt.

I thought Fricke, Masters and Kurtz would be the top 3 though i wasnt sure what order, but Sedgy and a resurgent Watt have been outstanding.

And to yourself and the Poole fans who understand what im saying sorry for going off on one.

Apparantly im not allowed to ask if your worried about Brady, and then nobody can seem to answer that without throwing insults.

I must admit I noticed a while ago that somebody that I wasn't a Poole supporter because I agreed with you on something I do agree should be in the top three in which the quality of the field no disrespect to any of the rider's competing
  • Like 1

Competition is a bit higher than last year?

You can try and wiggle your way out of it if you want but you point out very quickly when Jack and Brady have a 'bad meeting' but not when Davey Watt has one. Kinda proves my point.

Nope the only 2 added riders are Watt and Batch, and i would expect Brady to beat Watt. He won it last year beating everyone else so to be 7th is below par surely.

And yet again you fail to read. Davey Watt is doing better than expected. I would have him down for 10 points a meeting at best so he scored 7 today but is still 3rd overall. Im sure nobody from Rye is worried about Watts form.

Cant get my head around why you dont actually understand what im saying!

Tungate has been very poor so ive asked the same questions on the Somerset thread, go have a look if you want. Yet funnily enough their fans know how to debate a point, rather than like yourself try and score brownie points by having a pop.

Answer me 2 questions.

Would you have expected Brady to be higher than 7th?

Would you have expected Watt to be as high as 3rd?

I'm not talking about overall. I'm going on your '....they had a bad meeting' not a bad championship.

I would have to look at the entire line up to make a prediction but I don't see why Watt can't finish as high as third.

Lisa dont bother yourself you know what you mean, and he says he doesn't have time to get on the conputer, Phooey. :rofl: Talk to somebody with a little more Intellect Lisa they will understand what you mean..

You need to get out more.

• Like 1

Nope the only 2 added riders are Watt and Batch, and i would expect Brady to beat Watt. He won it last year beating everyone else so to be 7th is below par surely.

And yet again you fail to read. Davey Watt is doing better than expected. I would have him down for 10 points a meeting at best so he scored 7 today but is still 3rd overall. Im sure nobody from Rye is worried about Watts form.

Cant get my head around why you dont actually understand what im saying!

Tungate has been very poor so ive asked the same questions on the Somerset thread, go have a look if you want. Yet funnily enough their fans know how to debate a point, rather than like yourself try and score brownie points by having a pop.

Answer me 2 questions.

Would you have expected Brady to be higher than 7th?

Would you have expected Watt to be as high as 3rd?

Agree totally with what you've said although I see Batch is not doing as well as you thought but coming from a stars fan he is doing as well as I'd hoped and far better than I thought.

I'm not talking about overall. I'm going on your '....they had a bad meeting' not a bad championship.

I would have to look at the entire line up to make a prediction but I don't see why Watt can't finish as high as third.

I doubt many would have placed Watt as high in the championship as 3rd at the start but i guess it suits your argument to say you would have.

I asked after the first meeting if Poole fans were worried that Brady in particular had a poor meeting. Foreverblue and rayc managed to answer the question sensibly.

I asked during the second meeting wether Poole fans were still worried about Brady although he had a better meeting.

Both reasonably normal questions and funnily enough Somerset fans had no issue answering me re Tungate.

I didnt ask Rye fans about Watt today because he scored average and he is a second string and why would they be worried?

A very fair and well constructed post, the only one I would say is Batch going on last seasons results is doing better than I expected

A very fair and well constructed post, the only one I would say is Batch going on last seasons results is doing better than I expected

thanks. It's quite interesting when you go on the Somerset thread and you read the comments from other forum members about this 'Kurtz' debate. Seems the same few Poole fans wind up and annoy everyone and as someone points out its a shame that Lisa is now mentioned in the same breath as Starman! Also quite interesting on the Sheffield thread that their fans are discussing the form of Todd Kurtz. Guess it's just Poole that don't like discussing their riders form!

thanks. It's quite interesting when you go on the Somerset thread and you read the comments from other forum members about this 'Kurtz' debate. Seems the same few Poole fans wind up and annoy everyone and as someone points out its a shame that Lisa is now mentioned in the same breath as Starman! Also quite interesting on the Sheffield thread that their fans are discussing the form of Todd Kurtz. Guess it's just Poole that don't like discussing their riders form!

Oh yes, Sheffield fans are discussing Todd are they? How about you leave POOLE fans to discuss Brady then, if that is what happens on other clubs threads. I have no problem with other fans discussing Poole riders but you seem to enjoy saying our ones are riding bad in Aus, that is what annoys people.

Oh yes, Sheffield fans are discussing Todd are they? How about you leave POOLE fans to discuss Brady then, if that is what happens on other clubs threads. I have no problem with other fans discussing Poole riders but you seem to enjoy saying our ones are riding bad in Aus, that is what annoys people.

Bit touchy aren't we? The Aussie championships is the only speedway taking place at the moment, this is a speedway forum and Poole traditionally have a number of Aussie riders so hardly surprising Poole riders are being discussed on here! :rolleyes:

• Like 7