British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Looks like Poole may have done Rye House a big favor by not using Watty this year, presuming he brings his Aussie form to Britain in 2017. Seems to have the beating of Brady and Jack down under...

Would be more than happy to see Davey Watt have a great season in 2017. He has been constant in the EL for many years.

But last year his head was not in the right place and he was woeful. It didn't improve when he went to Leicester either. Perhaps the break has focussed his mind, and being happy in life again always helps. He will always be well received by the fans when he comes to Poole.

But Poole definately did the right thing in releasing him last season. Hopefully a move to a new club will give him several more seasons of racing before he calls in quits.

• Like 1

Aussie form doesn't necessarily transfer to this country. Obviously from a Wolves perspective I'm happier to see Masters going well rather than not, but equally if he'd scored two I wouldn't be losing sleep over it.

Same as a Lynn fan for Batch I guess.Much rather see then going well but not the end of the world in Jan.

Will see what Watt does at Rye, I don't think he would be back at Poole in the future even if Ford asked him think he would tell him where to go he was not a happy chappy when he was released and said he needed more time and couldn't believe the way he was being treated for what he has done over the years, but as he went onto Leicester and they binned him off as well it was a good decision by Ford.

Watt was never one of my favorite riders at Poole but wish him all the best at Rye and hope he can continue some of his Aus form in the UK.

• Like 1

So its Sunday - a new day on the Poole thread - just caught up with recent posts.

I do love a bit of irony on a Sunday. Brady 'struggling' by coming 2nd in the 'B' Final!?? You have to laugh.......ha ha.

ps. Looking forward to the REF 'Gameshow-style' quiz night on Wednesday 11th in the Poole Champs Bar - another packed house no doubt!!

pps. Forgot yesterday - but a very Happy 60th Birthday to Middlo, who is currently out on the Austrian slopes with some of his 'crew'!!

So its Sunday - a new day on the Poole thread - just caught up with recent posts.

I do love a bit of irony on a Sunday. Brady 'struggling' by coming 2nd in the 'B' Final!?? You have to laugh.......ha ha.

ps. Looking forward to the REF 'Gameshow-style' quiz night on Wednesday 11th in the Poole Champs Bar - another packed house no doubt!!

pps. Forgot yesterday - but a very Happy 60th Birthday to Middlo, who is currently out on the Austrian slopes with some of his 'crew'!!

Hope Matt pulls the Eastbourne joke again lol

Will see what Watt does at Rye, I don't think he would be back at Poole in the future even if Ford asked him think he would tell him where to go he was not a happy chappy when he was released and said he needed more time and couldn't believe the way he was being treated for what he has done over the years, but as he went onto Leicester and they binned him off as well it was a good decision by Ford.

Watt was never one of my favorite riders at Poole but wish him all the best at Rye and hope he can continue some of his Aus form in the UK.

Strange with Davey - one would have thought that if he felt that badly he wouldn't have been helping in the pits regularly and chatting with fans and sponsors - aside from chatting quite happily in the office with MF.

One would have thought he'd have given MF's house a wide berth too - Not!!

I wish Davey well and I'm glad he's got rid of his demons. I wait with interest as to how he (and Bomber for that matter) rides the small, tight Rye House track? :P

Edited by Skidder1

Strange with Davey - one would have thought that if he felt that badly he wouldn't have been helping in the pits regularly and chatting with fans and sponsors - aside from chatting quite happily in the office with MF.

One would have thought he'd have given MF's house a wide berth too - Not!!

I wish Davey well and wait with interest as to how he (and Bomber for that matter) rides the small, tight Rye House track? :P

So the press fabricating?

Nothing better than people who dont understand what irony means. Are you Alanis Morrisette by any chance?

Brady is struggling , he is currently 7th in a series that he won last year. Or am i missing something?

They probably just interviewed him straight after being let go. May be after a bit of time, he sort of got it a bit more. Probably take a little more time with Chris Holder ;)

No one likes to hear a gew home truths about themselves, least of all sportsmen with egos larger than the averageperson. Speedway riders are no different. When a normal person gets an earful its only them and that person. With a sportsman its the world listening in and the defences come up pretty fast.

Watty was abysmal and looking back now I bet he would agree. With Poole there is no hiding place. Matt will not carry a rider in the team for long and he did have awarning that his form needed to improve.

All water under the bridge now anyway. When Davey finally hangs up his kevlars he can look back at his career with pride.

Nothing better than people who dont understand what irony means. Are you Alanis Morrisette by any chance?

Brady is struggling , he is currently 7th in a series that he won last year. Or am i missing something?

I don't know him. Is he one of Ipswich's new signings? :rofl:

Yes - you're missing the last 2 rounds!!!

When you win things like a championship (not something you're used to in Ipswich admittedly!) its usually after all the rounds/meetings!!

At the current stage, it could just be that the 6 other riders ahead of Brady are currently riding with a little more form than him?! Doesn't mean he's 'struggling' at all. Batch's bike catching fire would present more of a struggle imo. :P

Edited by Skidder1

When you win things like a championship its usually after all the rounds!! At the current stage, it could just be that the 6 other riders are currently riding with a little more form than Brady?! Doesn't mean he's 'struggling' at all. Batch's bike catching fire would present more of a struggle imo. :P

There he goes again. And he wonders why he is viewed with mostly contempt on the Poole forum.

And who the hell is Alanis Morrisette? Never heard of them.

Edit. just googled the name and she is a alternative Canadian/American rock singer from the 90's. No wonder I haven't heard of her.

Edit 2. I have played the track Ironic, and do recognise it. Wouldn't have had a clue who the artist was though.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Yes - you're missing the last 2 rounds!!!

When you win things like a championship (not something you're used to in Ipswich admittedly!) its usually after all the rounds/meetings!!

At the current stage, it could just be that the 6 other riders ahead of Brady are currently riding with a little more form than him?! Doesn't mean he's 'struggling' at all. Batch's bike catching fire would present more of a struggle imo. :P

I know there is 2 rounds to go but Kurtz , Jack Holder and Tungate are struggling surely even a blinkered Poole fan can see that.

When you are young and win the Aussie title then the next season you would expect him to be up there, same with Tungate. The fact one of them is 7th and one is 9th means they are struggling. Yes there is time to turn it around but you would expect them both to be doing better.

There he goes again. And he wonders why he is viewed with mostly contempt on the Poole forum.

And who the hell is Alanis Morrisette? Never heard of them.

Edit. just googled the name and she is a alternative Canadian/American rock singer from the 90's. No wonder I haven't heard of her.

Edit 2. I have played the track Ironic, and do recognise it. Wouldn't have had a clue who the artist was though.

How do you mean there he goes again?

Its a simple fact. Last years Aussie Champ is struggling this year.

How do you mean there he goes again?

Its a simple fact. Last years Aussie Champ is struggling this year.

So, the only person who seems to have a problem with that is you.. Funny that..

So, the only person who seems to have a problem with that is you.. Funny that..

wondered when you would crop up.

I simply said Brady is struggling in oz this season..........so far.

apparantly he isnt and im just a troll........only on a poole thread

One

would have thought he'd have given MF's house a wide berth too - Not!!

I wish Davey well and I'm glad he's got rid of his demons. I wait with interest as to how he (and Bomber for that matter) rides the small, tight Rye House track? :P

a

Can't see either having a problem with the Rye track. Watt did well enough at both Eastbourne and Lakeside. Harris rides the likes of Monmore Green well enough.

wondered when you would crop up.

I simply said Brady is struggling in oz this season..........so far.

apparantly he isnt and im just a troll........only on a poole thread

Yep then go away. the season starts in march, but im very sure you know that as well, same time as the Ipswich season starts, i believe..

Oh look suprise suprise your still sat on the poole thread.

Edited by Starman2006

Yep then go away. the season starts in march, but im very sure you know that as well.

ah ok well then please tell everyone on all the threads , Poole , Kings Lynn and all the others that they must not post on there until March as thats when the season starts......what a plank you are.

There is speedway going on in Australia.

Funnily enough the Rye House fans are discussing Watt

The Edinburgh fans likewise with Masters and Pickering

The Wolves fans the same with Masters

The Swindon fans the same with Morris and also Sedgy

You can bet that if Brady or Jack were flying then (some) Poole fans would be going on and on about it, but as they are not we cant talk about it........so so precious