British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Why do you think it will be one league when Pl teams have already said they will be riding PL next season

So which of the current Elite League teams are running without loses and paying riders on time. I would say you have Poole, Wolverhampton and possibly Swindon. Leicester, Belle Vue, Lakeside, Coventry and Kings Lynn have been struggling financially and that's in a weaker league than in years and with draft riders that was supposed to reduce costs.

Now they are talking about six rider teams but Britain can't afford a Elite League running over twenty matches and maybe running like Sweden and Poland with just seven or eight matches could work with the main income coming from one big league set at Premier League levels which would be appealing to all Pl tracks to entertain more teams and more local derbies like Belle Vue at Sheffield or Somerset v Swindon etc.

A lot will depend on what Poland are planning by stopping riders that sign for a Polish club riding in more than one other league. Riders like Chris Holder or Matej Zagar or NeilsK Iversen would be unable to ride here as they would ride in Poland and Sweden more so one big league would not only be better and more viable for Britain but also stick the fingers up at Poland and Sweden and say we are looking after ourselves than fill in for your big earners.

How about this team for next year and I think there is a chance that something like this could happen.

1.Magic

2.Newman

3.Kurtz

4.Milik

5.KK

6.Cyfer(Matt looks very interested)

7.J.Holder

I just can't see this two league rule coming in. Riders want to be paid and only ones with big sponsorship can afford to do 2 leagues and Magic even admitted that he missed the UK getting him into early season form.

Anders Thomsen is one Matt Ford has been keeping an eye on.

On a ridiculously low average for a SEC standard rider.

Not if he doesn't ride to the same standard over here - been plenty of those.

How about this team for next year and I think there is a chance that something like this could happen.

1.Magic

2.Newman

3.Kurtz

4.Milik

5.KK

6.Cyfer(Matt looks very interested)

7.J.Holder

I just can't see this two league rule coming in. Riders want to be paid and only ones with big sponsorship can afford to do 2 leagues and Magic even admitted that he missed the UK getting him into early season form.

And here you have why Poole will soon be in a league of one!

True but if you think Kyle Newman should be a 3.79 next season then you know its farcical. If he can beat Tai from the back then Tai's average and Newmans should be roughly the same then?

In the short time I have been on this forum not much as made me laugh but this post is pure comedy gold that made me laugh as hard as watching the Two Ronnies.

Edited by Joe Beevers

I have noticed that Gavan has disappeared and reappear

Just keep checking on every/any Poole-related topic and you'll find similar posts from Gavan. He just can't keep away. ;-)

I notice he has disappeared than reappeared.

I haven't seen chris4gillian post on in for a while either? Is that coincidence or

No sorry gentleman that joke has worn thin.

Edited by Joe Beevers

True but if you think Kyle Newman should be a 3.79 next season then you know its farcical. If he can beat Tai from the back then Tai's average and Newmans should be roughly the same then?

This was my post in reply to someone who said that Kyle passed Tai and that Tai was only a second string

In the short time I have been on this forum not much as made me laugh but this post is pure comedy gold that made me laugh as hard as watching the Two Ronnies.

Glad it made you chuckle, you obviously dont understand sarcasm or tongue in cheek.

It was my response to the fact a rider of Newmans ability (i.e able to pass Tai on his home track and beating many heat leaders over the season) should be much higher than 3.79. If the rules allow him on that average then it makes a mockery of the league