British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Its not commitment thats the issue, its wether he can be bothered some meetings.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That is freedom of speech.

However, if Poole fans are happy as well as the management then that's fine.

Must say I will miss Chris but will always support him except when racing again Poole.

There are so many riders missing this year with the high averages and it must be murder trying to set up a team.

I will miss seeing all the top riders but must say I always enjoyed the old PL.

With the state of British speedway especially in the old EL then drastic measures were needed.

I wish all riders and supporters a happy New Year and please enjoy supporting your team no matter which league they are in.

Not at all. Are you guaranteeing it will, which is surely the correct inference to draw from your post? I'm saying it's a bit presumptuous to assume any side will before a wheel has turned.

Well I for one am happy to bet £100 that Poole will be in the playoffs. Anyone want to go against me? Loser pays srbf.

• Like 1

He didn't.

8.39 in 2012.

His last stint with the Pirates.

He did.

In 2012 he raced 17 meetings for Poole and averaged 10.14 with bonus, 9.95 without.

Unless SCBs stats site is wrong of course?

Well I for one am happy to bet £100 that Poole will be in the playoffs. Anyone want to go against me? Loser pays srbf.

You're missing the point. It's one thing to say 'I think Poole will be in the play-offs because Kasprzak will be a good No.1, we have strength through the order, Klindt's a bargain on his average and we should always look strong at reserve' or whatever and make a case. It's another to say off-handedly 'you can be sure KK won't be found wanting in the important meetings like the play-offs'. History tells us that Poole, far more often than not, reach the play-offs, a point I made in the original post for goodness' sake.

He did.

In 2012 he raced 17 meetings for Poole and averaged 10.14 with bonus, 9.95 without.

Could well be, the BSPA figures are rolling averages.

Depends what averages you use.

Speedway Star has this year's averages as Hans 8.04, Freddie 8.36, and KK 8.51.

So little more than half a point between all 3.

Feed is closer in average to KK than Hans.

For me when averages are that close it's what they bring to the table team wise.

I'd have Fred over both from a Wolves perspective and for upping their game when it matters.

Anyway Poole fans seem happy with the KK signing so it's only now on our own perspectives.

:t:

Yes I can understand a Wolves fan not wanting KK! I'm not sure if I would want Fred at Poole or not, I would 3/4 years ago. I would say yes to Thorsell though! ;):D

He did.

SCB is never wrong. ;)

Disagree much rather have KK, Lindgren average tells you Lindgren is hardly any better than Hans Andersen let alone KK.

I know what many have said about his attitude but i believe we won't see that next season, Holder had a few bad meetings last season, most riders do but you can be sure KK won't be found wanting in the important meetings like the play offs.

If you get there

If you get there

We will be there no worries on that score but winning the play offs is a different matter

You're missing the point. It's one thing to say 'I think Poole will be in the play-offs because Kasprzak will be a good No.1, we have strength through the order, Klindt's a bargain on his average and we should always look strong at reserve' or whatever and make a case. It's another to say off-handedly 'you can be sure KK won't be found wanting in the important meetings like the play-offs'. History tells us that Poole, far more often than not, reach the play-offs, a point I made in the original post for goodness' sake.

Could well be, the BSPA figures are rolling averages.

Put it like this then Poole will be in the play offs and KK will not be found wanting.

Only quoting official averages, with the ridiculous rolling averages no doubt.

Rolling averages are a waste of time when going on a riders form.

He last raced for Poole in 2012, and averaged over ten with bonus and a fraction under without over 17 meetings. He was second in the averages behind a flying Darcy Ward.

Only quoting official averages, with the ridiculous rolling averages no doubt.

He last raced for Poole in 2012, and averaged over ten with bonus and a fraction under without over 17 meetings. He was second in the averages behind a flying Darcy Ward.

According to the BSPA's current list of rider's end of season 2016 rolling averages KK=7.91, FL=7.21 & HA=7.15.

The average previously achieved by KK was in 2013 when he ended up with 8.51 but the race format was easier then for heat leaders so a slight reduction to 7.91 is understandable. in 2015 FL achieved 6.11 therefore his current 7.21 is a good improvement which indicates that on current form he is better than KK. In 2016 HA upped his average from 6.45.

According to the BSPA's current list of rider's end of season 2016 rolling averages KK=7.91, FL=7.21 & HA=7.15.

The average previously achieved by KK was in 2013 when he ended up with 8.51 but the race format was easier then for heat leaders so a slight reduction to 7.91 is understandable. in 2015 FL achieved 6.11 therefore his current 7.21 is a good improvement which indicates that on current form he is better than KK. In 2016 HA upped his average from 6.45.

Im not comparing kk to andersen or lindgren; was merely stating that last time kk rode for poole he was superb, and he was.

Right oh. Fair play, foreverblue, 'tis no doubt a post which will have been taken down and may be used in evidence against you later!

Be my guest! There are certain things in life you can rely on, one is Poole making the play offs and another one is Arsenal dropping points in the new year!

Edited by foreverblue