British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Thats what you said. Not quite the same is it.

i give up, you obviously want to read what isn't written. Good bye.

• Like 1

I thought Chris was a tad 'pissed off' after nine years at Poole only to be thrown out when the numbers don't fit..

Seemed to be quite stoical about it though..

Anyway, a Happy Christmas to all you Poole fans, especially Starman :t:

Starman, Gavan, Gater1, your continuous bickering on this thread is making it impossible for the rest of us to talk about our club. Page after page of twit for tat childish arguments from the three of you it is extremely boring to the rest of us.

No one cares that you don't like each other. We would just rather talk about speedway than read you lot calling each other names. You three are just as bad as each other so please the three of you, just stop the crap. You are wrecking what was once a decent place to visit. If you want to continue throwing insults at each other take it to personal messages.

Thank you.

Couldn't of said it better all I ever see is them bickering for God sake it's a poole thread let's talk about the team with everyone taking on board other people's opinions.

As much as I love watching Chris Holder race most of the time - and will continue to do so - it does annoy me somewhat when Riders start talking about loyalty!!

Aah yes loyalty - that well known two-way street!!

There is no loyalty either from riders or promotion. If there was Holder, Gomolski and Ellis would still be at Poole, which is why i say that if their averages are to high next season that riders like Newman, Kurtz and Jack Holder will be looking for other clubs.

This happens at every club before people accuse this of being anti Poole!

• Like 1

I would have thought loyalty should come from promoters first everybody knows Matt could have fitted Chris in still say nothing to do average's why Chris is at kings Lynn just my opinion

I think there are a few different reasons why Chris isn't at Poole next season, I don't think it is just one thing.

I think there are a few different reasons why Chris isn't at Poole next season, I don't think it is just one thing.

I agree.

Combination of not being on great terms with Ford, not enjoying the Poole track and his average being deemed to high are all factors why he isnt back at Poole

There is no loyalty either from riders or promotion. If there was Holder, Gomolski and Ellis would still be at Poole, which is why i say that if their averages are to high next season that riders like Newman, Kurtz and Jack Holder will be looking for other clubs.

This happens at every club before people accuse this of being anti Poole!

Disagree. Lindgren, Thorssell and Woffy have not ridden for any other EL team.

true but loyal

I'm afraid loyalty doesn't pay the bills!

It's funny how loyalty doesn't seem to come into the equation when the rider is performing badly. When Poole kicked out Davey Watt a whole bunch of people were up in arms. Then Davey moved to Leicester and... continued to be crap, and nobody could care less about loyalty.

The only thing that should really be taken into consideration when signing a rider is their ability to achieve or exceed their average. There are of course other factors, for example, the effect their presence has on other riders performances and their ability to "put bums on seats", but generally it's a numbers game.

Edited by BurntFaceMan