British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

He'l be riding a track that you can pass on. He will more than do his job for us.. :t:

Heat 11 Belle Vue v Leicester, Klindt got his only points (2) of the meeting, he gated first but was passed by the end of lap 1. his other 2 races he was a last, and there isn't a better track where a rider can pass.

where have I said clubs should be loyal??? Oh and we replaced the British Sarjeant with the British Newman and replaced the British Jacobs with the British Mountain. Barker for Schlein the only non British change. Loyalty is not there in speedway anymore and no matter what any Poole fan thinks Matt Ford will dispose of anyone. How poor for a British ridrr to massively improve to them be moved on for a foreign rider. Bet Ellis wishes he hadn't bothered! Also to just move on a club legend like Holder is a bit poor as well. I suppose Ipswich letting a brit who rode half a season leave is similar!! And you did say Ipswich starting line up you know the one where we replaced Castagna with a Brit?? We started last season with 4 Brits. King , Sarjeant , Kerr and Ritchings. We start this season with 4 Brits King, Newman , Hume and Mountain so your argument is kind of flawed

No its not unless it concerns poole. Ippo calling..

Just proves what an idiot you are. Again you've not factored injury into the equasion, there have been many occasion where he's ridden in pain because he's had to, you try riding a 500 cc speedway bike at 60 mls an hr when you still have something nagging. Nope you wouldn't do that, it might mess that hair up...

Surely he didn't have his wife/girlfriend on the back. :lol:

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 1

Heat 11 Belle Vue v Leicester, Klindt got his only points (2) of the meeting, he gated first but was passed by the end of lap 1. his other 2 races he was a last, and there isn't a better track where a rider can pass.

You've always got to try and drag your place up... You got a team yet ?.

I should imagine Chris will be in the Poole pits every week helping his brother, if he doesn't have any racing commitments.

And with KK and a stronger second string/reserve, Poole are certainly not weaker than with Holder.

Seeing as King's Lynn have reverted back to Wednesday nights that maybe difficult

• Like 1

Again you come out with the same old guff. You've not even factored injury into the equasion. And you watch Kyle every week do you ? Clearly you had your eyes shut at Wolves in the play off's then..

what part of it was guff??

its actually a complimentary post about Kyle which just goes to show you read only the part that suits and go on the attack.

reread the post properly before you make yourself more embarrassing.

What part of his factual post was guff exactly? Every point he made was spot on.

He's not insulting Kyle. He's saying that, from an average point of view, Kyle has made little progress. However, from a performance point of view, he has shown he can beat top class riders and has made progress.

I remember a couple of seasons ago it was painful to watch Kyle... all over the track, wobbling out of every corner, giving us fans a heart attack. Bit like how Anton rode for us. Now Kyle is a lot more composed, seems to have a lot better control over the bike and his confidence shines through more.

Fact of the matter is, he's never really been any better than a reserve. That's not to say we don't want him to! I'm a massive fan of Kyle and I really hope he can kick on and stamp his authority this season. He's got everything he needs to do so.

I thought it was clear to anyone reading it was a good honest appraisal of Kyle.

Starman in yet another don't read the whole post blunder.

• Like 3

Nasty !!

But true. If somebody else would have said it, you wouldn't have batted an eyelid would you.

Edited by Starman2006

Kyle is a solid British rider, the sort of rider who any fan would like to have in their team as he always seems to give his all and has shown on numerous occasions that in big meetings he CAN pull some great wins out the bag.

I fear he gets too much focus on him as he rides for Poole at a time when the whole reserve situation has been a right mess in the top flight thanks to the draft system. This focus and the never ending debate about how good he is could increase the pressure on him and harm his development.

Personally, I think in this situation, a rider's performances in the Premier League rather than the Elite League are a truer reflection of ability and in 2016 Kyle achieved a CMA of 6.46 according to speedwaystats.co.uk which is decent enough but still there are many MANY riders achieving a higher average;

Kenneth Bjerre
Craig Cook
Danny King
Edward Kennett
Sam Masters
Josh Grajczonek
Robert Lambert
Rohan Tungate
Steve Worrall
Richard Lawson
Richie Worrall
Jason Garrity
Aaron Summers
Simon Stead
Kevin Wolbert
Ricky Wells
Nicolas Covatti
David Bellego
Anders Thomsen
Ludvig Lindgren
Ulrich Ostergaard
Rene Bach
Stuart Robson
Ben Barker
Kyle Howarth
Ryan Fisher
Charles Wright
Brady Kurtz
Seb Alden
Kevin Doolan
Jack Holder
Matej Kus
Kenneth Hansen
Claus Vissing
Morten Risager
Ryan Douglas
Josh Auty
Paul Starke
Thomas Jorgensen
Hugh Skidmore
Erik Riss
Nikolaj Busk-Jakobsen
Dimitri Berge
Nicklas Porsing
Now some of these riders at the top are established heat leaders, but at best most are EL second strings/strong EL reserves and this is where I think Kyle sits which there is nothing wrong with. I think this season at Poole we can expect Kyle to be a strong, dare I say match winning reserve before becoming a bit of yo-yo second string rider when his average fluctuates. I look forward to following his progress, along with another rider in a similar situation Stars' Lewis Rose, this season.
  • Like 3

Kyle is a solid British rider, the sort of rider who any fan would like to have in their team as he always seems to give his all and has shown on numerous occasions that in big meetings he CAN pull some great wins out the bag.

I fear he gets too much focus on him as he rides for Poole at a time when the whole reserve situation has been a right mess in the top flight thanks to the draft system. This focus and the never ending debate about how good he is could increase the pressure on him and harm his development.

Personally, I think in this situation, a rider's performances in the Premier League rather than the Elite League are a truer reflection of ability and in 2016 Kyle achieved a CMA of 6.46 according to speedwaystats.co.uk which is decent enough but still there are many MANY riders achieving a higher average;

Kenneth Bjerre
Craig Cook
Danny King
Edward Kennett
Sam Masters
Josh Grajczonek
Robert Lambert
Rohan Tungate
Steve Worrall
Richard Lawson
Richie Worrall
Jason Garrity
Aaron Summers
Simon Stead
Kevin Wolbert
Ricky Wells
Nicolas Covatti
David Bellego
Anders Thomsen
Ludvig Lindgren
Ulrich Ostergaard
Rene Bach
Stuart Robson
Ben Barker
Kyle Howarth
Ryan Fisher
Charles Wright
Brady Kurtz
Seb Alden
Kevin Doolan
Jack Holder
Matej Kus
Kenneth Hansen
Claus Vissing
Morten Risager
Ryan Douglas
Josh Auty
Paul Starke
Thomas Jorgensen
Hugh Skidmore
Erik Riss
Nikolaj Busk-Jakobsen
Dimitri Berge
Nicklas Porsing
Now some of these riders at the top are established heat leaders, but at best most are EL second strings/strong EL reserves and this is where I think Kyle sits which there is nothing wrong with. I think this season at Poole we can expect Kyle to be a strong, dare I say match winning reserve before becoming a bit of yo-yo second string rider when his average fluctuates. I look forward to following his progress, along with another rider in a similar situation Stars' Lewis Rose, this season.

Totally impartial. Well done you.. :t:

Gavan give it a rest.

Anyone can see that Newman's ability on the track in recent seasons has improved.

Brady or Jack wont be dropped because MF stated that his goal is for these 2 riders to become the new turbo twins therefore they will be at Poole for many years.

You just hate Kyle Newman. That's the end of the story.

I have one question for you though. If Kyle has never improved then why have you been crying on this thread about Newman being at reserve next season?

No point coming back with a silly Daz post or any of that rubbish. Just answer the question.

right I will answer your question first then you can answer mine. Since the points limit was decided NOT ONCE have I moaned about Kyle being a reserve.

Before the new limit I said it would be farcical if Newman and Worrall as examples were still reserves. The points limit is now different so team building is very different.

Secondly I don't 'hate' Newman. Just shows your level of mentality that you come out with a statement that a 5 year old would use. Kyle is a very good rider , his average fits and he gives 100%, and as I've said EVERYWHERE he should be the first name on Pooles teamsheet.

Love how deluded you are to think Kurtz and Holder will be the future of Poole and the new turbo twins!! As soon as their averages don't fit Matt Ford will move them on same as he did Holder and Ellis this year. Seems funny to me that Matt Ford is a genius when letting riders go as its for the good of the team but you cry like babies if we say Kurtz and Jack might not stay!

Ok now for my question: Please provide me with the evidence that Kyle Newman has improved at Poole??

Don't come back with guff like he beat Tai or the fans love him or he gives it 100% as they are things I agree with. If you can show me how a rider who has always been reserve and whose average is going down is improving then so be it.

Just proves what an idiot you are. Again you've not factored injury into the equasion, there have been many occasion where he's ridden in pain because he's had to, you try riding a 500 cc speedway bike at 60 mls an hr when you still have something nagging. Nope you wouldn't do that, it might mess that hair up...

i agree he has been injured but not for the last 3 seasons when his average has dropped each year. I hope he improves can only be good for Ipswich. But you really are quite an irritant of a human

nice post. What a braindead statement. And you wonder why Poole fans dislike you
  • Like 2

Really pleased with the Poole team for 2017. Great number one backed up by Hans, a solid middle order and second strings, plus what should be a good scoring reserve who will more than likely always get five rides. What's not to like?

And if Shanes chips in with a point or two we have every chance of success in 2017.

Shanes may well find the going tough and have a season like Lee Richardson did for us all those seasons ago. But the pressure on him will be whathe puts on himself.

Whilst winning is important MF is also in the entertainment business.

Can't believe many would disagree that the likes of KK/JH/BK and KN will supply plenty of that in 2017.

I thought BK was a potential World beater 2/3 years ago as a young lad new on the scene. It was his style and never say die attitude on a bike that had all the comparisons being made to DW. You don't lose that overnight. I still think this lad will come good but maybe not quite the overnight sensation Darcy was. Give him time as he only turned 20 late this year. Similar story with Jack who many feel will be even better (we shall see). Again lots of style and aggression and will pass at every opportunity. Both exciting to watch even if they do get beaten in races. Throw in KK who will thrive (hopefully) if he bases himself in UK from his house locally in the area and Kyle who always gives his all.

I am sure Shanes will struggle a bit but no pressure. he is progressing and will for sure p/up points against some of the reserves. May even surprise us against some second strings. NK will p/up plenty of points at reserve and Hans will give that much needed experience and can ride most tracks which again invaluable - PROVIDING the pressure of riding 4 leagues (UK/Poland/Sweden/DK) and the SEC doesn't take it's toll, as can't help thinking that was partly why his form tailed off a bit later in the season.

I am over in Essex so won't get too see too many home meetings but for sure will see plenty of Poole riding at Rye House and Kings Lynn to make up for it.

Not many other teams I would look forward to paying to see other than RH and KL besides Poole. I think Somerset may surprise a few with more middle order strength. I hope Somerset win as many as poss at home (except against Poole) and scrape odd the 1 point away to keep them away from relegation.

You really are something else - it's no wonder you must be one of the most unpopular posters on this forum. The previous poster was obviously posting about Belle Vue because it is one of the best race tracks in the country, but you have failed to grasp that!

• Like 9

You really are something else - it's no wonder you must be one of the most unpopular posters on this forum. The previous poster was obviously posting about Belle Vue because it is one of the best race tracks in the country, but you have failed to grasp that!

That is because to him Poole is the best racetrack in the country. We all love our home track as i do but it is like a Spurs fan claiming White Hart Lane is better than Wembley.

Belle Vue is clearly the best track in the country as anyone who has been there will know.

On the subject of Newman, i think he had an indifferent season and only showed what he is capable of in the play offs, if he can improve his consistency then his average will go up, i believe he should be able to put a point on his average if he can reproduce his play off form on a more regular basis.

It should be, its brand new. But not every rider can ride a big track. And i really dont care how other posters see me, including you, i dont come on here to be popular.. ;)

Whilst winning is important MF is also in the entertainment business.

Can't believe many would disagree that the likes of KK/JH/BK and KN will supply plenty of that in 2017.

I thought BK was a potential World beater 2/3 years ago as a young lad new on the scene. It was his style and never say die attitude on a bike that had all the comparisons being made to DW. You don't lose that overnight. I still think this lad will come good but maybe not quite the overnight sensation Darcy was. Give him time as he only turned 20 late this year. Similar story with Jack who many feel will be even better (we shall see). Again lots of style and aggression and will pass at every opportunity. Both exciting to watch even if they do get beaten in races. Throw in KK who will thrive (hopefully) if he bases himself in UK from his house locally in the area and Kyle who always gives his all.

I am sure Shanes will struggle a bit but no pressure. he is progressing and will for sure p/up points against some of the reserves. May even surprise us against some second strings. NK will p/up plenty of points at reserve and Hans will give that much needed experience and can ride most tracks which again invaluable - PROVIDING the pressure of riding 4 leagues (UK/Poland/Sweden/DK) and the SEC doesn't take it's toll, as can't help thinking that was partly why his form tailed off a bit later in the season.

I am over in Essex so won't get too see too many home meetings but for sure will see plenty of Poole riding at Rye House and Kings Lynn to make up for it.

Not many other teams I would look forward to paying to see other than RH and KL besides Poole. I think Somerset may surprise a few with more middle order strength. I hope Somerset win as many as poss at home (except against Poole) and scrape odd the 1 point away to keep them away from relegation.

Somerset will be hard to beat on there track.