British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Very quiet on here? oh that's right all on every other teams

threads boring the crap out of everybody. seen some posts bigging

up your 2 heat leaders beware as both KK and HA can go AWOL at any time

so wouldn't big them up too much. And when they do hope holder and magic

tell ford where to go when he comes calling.

• Like 4

Nobody needs to big up KK and Hans, their class will shine through. Nobody will be able to get in Holder or Magic mid season when the average goes down to the 42 point limit.

I'm pretty sure Kyle (Newman not Howarth!) will be announced early this week as Kyle usually attends Poole's REF quiz nights - the first of which is on Wednesday 7th!! :t:

So the sixth rider announced tomorrow as expected - With James Shanes and Nicolai Klindt also in attendance. Should be another good evening.

Do holder janowski average stay high when the points drop to forty two ?

I'm told from a reliable source that they remain at the inflated figure.

I'm guessing they got to drop otherwise Chris and magic will never be able to ride in this country again don't you think

Spot on, so if that's so it seems a crazy decision.

However I guess they ensuring that riders aren't replaced to accommodate these riders.

Hypothetically Chris could be brought in on his 9 point average to replace Hans on 10.

I'm told from a reliable source that they remain at the inflated figure.

Spot on, so if that's so it seems a crazy decision.

However I guess they ensuring that riders aren't replaced to accommodate these riders.

Hypothetically Chris could be brought in on his 9 point average to replace Hans on 10.

I can see the average's staying high next season but reverting back the following season

I can see the average's staying high next season but reverting back the following season

Why's that then ?

Then stick to the 50 point limit too.

So at the first set of averages teams would gave an extra 8 points to build to? That makes sense!

Once they've been assigned a converted average - stick to it maybe? :blink:

Tbh there probably should be a "hybrid" average once the point limit drops, perhaps a 1.25 conversion rather than 1.4.

But then new ex pl riders would probably need a conversion of 0.9 or similar

because that's my opinion you got any better idea's because nobody else seems to know

They change the rules more than you change your boxers. So i really don't know how you can say that..

They're all on the Somerset thread boring the SH 1 T out of us and telling us what an awful team last years Premier League Champions are !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 2

Then stick to the 50 point limit too.

That makes no sense at all - once the first set of averages come out the average total for each team will be somewhere around the 42.50 mark. That would allow certain teams who have had a bad start to the season to be able to swap a reserve for someone like Holder! Financial suicide and also pretty farcical. Dropping the points limit at the first set of averages is the right thing to do. It will allow the weaker sides to strengthen up still but not drastically.

That makes no sense at all - once the first set of averages come out the average total for each team will be somewhere around the 42.50 mark. That would allow certain teams who have had a bad start to the season to be able to swap a reserve for someone like Holder! Financial suicide and also pretty farcical. Dropping the points limit at the first set of averages is the right thing to do. It will allow the weaker sides to strengthen up still but not drastically.

Keep the 50-point limit and the multiplier or drop the limit to 42-ish and scrap the multiplier. Those are the only two options which make and sense.

• Like 4