British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

KK is liable to have the odd blip away from home remember Swindon last year?also Holder was getting back to his best for me Poole have made a mistake with Holder.

Fans keep mentioning this but I think their forgetting the point.

The point is if you take did take the 12.5+ average, that would leave you roughly for 4.25 and less for your No 6 rider.

Being realistically, who would you sign? Robert Branford was a PL reserve last season and has signed this year on a 4.60.

Take the 11.07 of Kasprzak leaves 5.80. In terms of this league,that is a massive amount of difference and quality of rider you can get for the average. Riders like Klindt, Todd Kurtz, U21 performer Nike Lunna.

That is a definite step up to an ok PL reserve.

Edited by Joe Beevers

As good as Chris Holder was in the second half of this season most of that was AT HOME. Look at some of his away scores at some of the tracks he doesn't like and it shows a slightly different picture aside from the points differential with KK.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

KK will get 10+ in this league. Holder wouldn't get 11.5

I don't agree. KK will be a lot more consistant than Chris would have been..

KK will be as good as Holder would have been and the points can be better used further down,

Holder or kk plus an extra 1.5 to use elsewhere? From a team building perspective it has to be the latter.

For what it's worth I don't see KK's scoring quite matching what Holder would have got. But the extra value lower down the order should more than outweigh any slight difference. Poole, as ever, shaping up to be a very competitive side.

Shame from a Wolves perspective if Klindt does end up at Wimborne Road, always assuming CVS wanted him at Monmore. Obviously a steal on that average. But riders will go where riders want to go, so we deal with it and move on.

• Like 1

No way you can never totally trust KK now also Chris would of helped getting Jack a few extra points here and there.

I trust in KK as most Poole fans will and i am delighted at his inclusion in the team. There won't be many times he won't get a maximum at home and will be solid away. Great signing, great guy and great rider.

Edited by foreverblue

No way you can never totally trust KK now also Chris would of helped getting Jack a few extra points here and there.

No issues with KK - back to live in his own local home and spend more time with his Poole-based UK management team.

Chris will still be helping Jack to get a few extra points here and there (mainly here!!) :t:

Edited by Skidder1