British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

You can get that with any rider though Steve. I seem to remember Fast Freddie not being quite so fast when he guested for Coventry in the PO semi final in 2015.......

Freddie was dreadfully slow all season long in 2015!

I'm not. Didn't have many for Coventry.

Had the usual handful of meetings when he couldn't be bothered, you did watch the match at Blunsdon on Sky didn't you?

• Like 1

Is it? So where is it written which average riders start with if they have 2 averages?

Using the relevant average for the league in question would be the commonsense way, although using the average that suits Poole best is more likely to be the BSPA option....but where is it actually written down?

Also, what will the team building average in the Premiership (EL) be once everyone gets new averages?

Obvioulsy the new team averages will tend towards 42. So if the limit stays at 50, everyone will be able to massively strengthen up and bankrupt the league.

If they continue to adjust the averages by a factor of 1.4, the new averages will tend towards 42 x 1.4 = 58.8 . So if the limit stays at 50 it will prevent the weaker teams strengthening up and potentially mean that any team having an injury could be stuffed for a replacement.

You need to read the BSPA post-AGM statement. Premiership and Championship riders averages will be based on their 2016 PL average. Anyone only having ridden Elite in 2016 will have their final average multiplied by 1.4

You correctly raise the issue of what happens to the team average of 50 when the first set of official averages are achieved?! This has not been clarified but most assume it will drop to around 40-43. However that still leaves the question as to what average will riders come in on that haven't been signed up to start the season. For example if Chris Holder doesn't get a starting place in the Premiership on 12.53 will his average revert to his actual 2016 EL average 8.95 once the team building figure has been reduced?

• Like 2

Interesting today to find out that Kacper G, Buzz and Cyfer all can't get a job in the UK. I thought Kacper G would easily get one after blue riband which was equal to

Harris.

Kacper G= Would be a good Leicester rider IMO

Buzz= Belle Vue would be good on big track

Cyfer= Anywhere in the UK probs a championship team.

They do but looking at the two teams I would fancy our chances over dads army any day. Certainly RH will be almost unbeatable at home. But so will Poole.

Well done Matt. Done it again. Most Poole fans should be happy with the 2017 lineup.

Roll on March!

Have to agree with you Shov. Excellent looking side. Once again, love 'Em or hate 'Em, this team will pull the punters in big style. Most posters are liking the Rye team, but for me, the Pirates look really solid.

Already said that in a earlier post! Freddie had several poor meetings in 2016 that's why his average is so low.

And due to the ridiculous rolling averages that distorted real averages beyond any true meaning.

However just at looking at speedway star averages for this year KK is 6th on 8.51 and Fred is 7th on 8.36.

So I disagree his real average is 'so low'.

However you I am sure are happy with KK next year, I am more than happy to have Fred for 2017. :t:

• Like 1

And due to the ridiculous rolling averages that distorted real averages beyond any true meaning.

However just at looking at speedway star averages for this year KK is 6th on 8.51 and Fred is 7th on 8.36.

So I disagree his real average is 'so low'.

However you I am sure are happy with KK next year, I am more than happy to have Fred for 2017. :t:

Even the best riders have the odd bad meeting but yes i am very happy to welcome KK back and and i am a big fan of Freddie so glad he is back, i think both our teams will be challenging for the title so really looking forward to a exciting season.
  • Like 1

Ok this is going to be my only reply to you as I have respect for the legitimate forum members. I don't have time for silly debates. The rider is called Nicolai Klindt.

I referred to the rider in my previous post as Klindt's Nicolai and Nicolai. Nothing wrong with that. After all that's his name isn't it.

Don't worry, there are some real numptys on this forum. I don't know whether it's speedways trend of cynical old codgers (both in the promotions and the grandstands!) that results in the miserable bunch who think their opinions matter more than anybody elses, or that they have the unique ability to work out who is behind a username based on some arbitrary nonsense criteria. But to be fair, you won't find comedy like this elsewhere! The fact that several members actually decided that you were another member due to the fact you referred to a rider by his name! :rofl::rofl::rofl: You couldn't write this stuff, you really couldn't! :D

• Like 1

KK is on an over 11 average. For me I'd say Holder is worth more than a point and a half over Kasprzak - particularly as people were saying the 'old Holder' was back last year.

It would still have given Poole plenty to play with in the remaining riders.

• Like 1

KK is on an over 11 average. For me I'd say Holder is worth more than a point and a half over Kasprzak - particularly as people were saying the 'old Holder' was back last year.

KK will be as good as Holder would have been and the points can be better used further down, even if Chris Holder was back to his best it is wasted points which is why Swindon are struggling to put a decent team together, Doyle may be almost unbeatable but his points are wasted.

KK will get 10+ in this league. Holder wouldn't get 11.5

KK will be as good as Holder would have been and the points can be better used further down, even if Chris Holder was back to his best it is wasted points which is why Swindon are struggling to put a decent team together, Doyle may be almost unbeatable but his points are wasted.

KK is liable to have the odd blip away from home remember Swindon last year?also Holder was getting back to his best for me Poole have made a mistake with Holder.
  • Like 1

KK is liable to have the odd blip away from home remember Swindon last year?also Holder was getting back to his best for me Poole have made a mistake with Holder.

Your not the only one to mention that meeting but i am glad he did have a blip otherwise his average would be higher! Most of the riders have a blip, Hans was rubbish at Coventry last season even Holder had the odd bad meeting.