British Speedway Forum

Poole 2017

Probably not loved as a child, and has deep emotional security issues. Hence the bizarre attention seeking posts...

Thats where you are very wrong, but nevermind eh.

For the sake of my blood pressure I'm going to put starman on ignore now because he's so bloody irritating. I really can't stand stupid people. :mad:

Oh bless Gem..

That attracts young fans. Its a fact and the Speedway GB people need someone who is about 20 who works for them. The increase Social media is helping but still not enough. Most watched speedway in the UK is the GPS and well we need more of those riders if you want this sport to last because trust me no one knows this sport. Glasgow is the only team which has a chance. Poole and Belle Vue will survive because of there names but good luck to the rest because IMO this sport has about 20 years and I really would like to watch it for more than the next 20 years.

Without teams to compete against I think you will find even BV and Poole are screwed.

And as for 20 years- that is incredibly generous. Under 10 I'd say.

Heartbreaking really but the writing has been on the wall for the last couple of decades now.

Its just lurched along despite the people who control it rather than because of.

• Like 1

For the sake of my blood pressure I'm going to put starman on ignore now because he's so bloody irritating. I really can't stand stupid people. :mad:

That doesn't work Gem as people quote his posts in their reply.

I know I've tried it.

Edited by Pirate Baz

First rule of fight club is....don't reply to his posts, job done... :wink:

So you won't be replying to many posters posts on here then... :rofl:

I see Berwick are letting kids in for free throughout all of the 2017 season.

I doubt that will happen, but perhaps that could be the case over Easter and the summer holidays, but we'l see.

Why would they announce it if they don't intend it to happen? What would stop it from happening?

Nothing would stop it from happening, but Matt does run the club. It would be nice if kids got a consession.

Coventry did last season.

And look what happened. Shame yes. But thats a lot of money going down the pan, and a lot of clubs cannot afford to throw that sort of money away. You cannot commit financial suicide nowadays.

Edited by Starman2006

Bloody disgusting charging 5 year old kids £10 for the first meeting at Poole!!!!! And after that it's adult prices for 16 year olds! I thought 18 and over was classed as adult. Not children at school. I don't care who's benefit it's for, it ought to be free for anyone under 10 at least. This is what is stopping folk from going to speedway. Someone on the update forum was going to the Ben Fund at Glasgow and decided not to after realising it was going to cost him £100 for himself, wife and 3 girls! A family sport.....But a VERY EXPENSIVE family sport now.

Kids work at 16 do they not ?

Part time if lucky enough and for min wage of around £4 per hour.

School is compulsory until 18 now....

Some may do, in an apprenticeship or traineeship, so not earning a lot, others stay at college.

The idea of free kids is to attract a younger generation to speedway. Get them hooked on it and then as years go by they bring their kids to the meeting and so on.

Someone has to be brave enough to do it - but it needs to be promoted correctly, and thats another subject.

• Like 1

Part time if lucky enough and for min wage of around £4 per hour.

School is compulsory until 18 now....

Yes you can leave at 16 but you need proof of a job or college place.

Yes you can leave at 16 but you need proof of a job or college place.

so youre suggesting as kids can quit education to get a job Poole can justify charging full adult price for them to watch speedway....
  • Like 1

so youre suggesting as kids can quit education to get a job Poole can justify charging full adult price for them to watch speedway....

Im not justifiying anything Matt fords the boss, have a word with him..