British Speedway Forum

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

No arguments from me. Wolves is a "different" track but no issue imo. Home track advantage comes from that for everyone. We were beaten comfortably fair and square last night. I was just pointing out that all those comments were said by different people and not just by that particular poster. I know he stirs up trouble here there and everywhere. Please don't misinterpret my post thinking I'm not being gracious in defeat. I absolutely am. Have nothing but good things to say about the Wolves team last night. I will also say congratulations as and when the time comes (which hopefully it doesn't!)...

The truth is the Aces fans, like the Poole fans are being let down by a couple fans who don't want to debate but want to spew bile.

It's pretty clear bar those few the majority of Aces fans have acted accordingly and layed the blame where it belongs.

To be fair Worrall did mess up slightly in heat one, he lifted momentarily meaning he lost momentum but PK still had to pounce.

I much prefer bigger, faster tracks but Wolves is decent for a smaller track and I've seen plenty of passing there over the years which hasn't been the result of mistakes.

To be fair Worrall did mess up slightly in heat one, he lifted momentarily meaning he lost momentum but PK still had to pounce.

I much prefer bigger, faster tracks but Wolves is decent for a smaller track and I've seen plenty of passing there over the years which hasn't been the result of mistakes.

He did, but PK didn't pass him on that bend, he lifted out of two, but got it back under control. PK pased him out of four and on the home straight, entering turn three tight (not the normal line).

Unless he lifted out of four too? Would have to rewatch.

He did, but PK didn't pass him on that bend, he lifted out of two, but got it back under control. PK pased him out of four and on the home straight, entering turn three tight (not the normal line).

What was wrong with

Pk's bike as he had to use Masters bike and that couldn't have been ideal. What a fitting way to finish your EL career with a league title though.

Pk wouldn't have caught worrall if he hadnt lifted, the lift allowed him to get close enough to pass on the next bend.

Just watched recording, out on a Monday night, Fricke & Richie Worrall hang your heads in shame, dreadful stuff. I didn't expect anymore from Zagar, typical Eastern European GP star at Monmore, gate & gone or nothing. The fact is that had Woffinden & Lindgren not spent most of the meeting team riding the advantage Wolves take to the NSS tomorrow could have been much more. Who said Nicholls was dynamite at Monmore?

Fair play to Howarth his scores have for me been disappointing most of this year but he has come up with a few crucial rides when it mattered

Just watched recording, out on a Monday night, Fricke & Richie Worrall hang your heads in shame, dreadful stuff. I didn't expect anymore from Zagar, typical Eastern European GP star at Monmore, gate & gone or nothing. The fact is that had Woffinden & Lindgren not spent most of the meeting team riding the advantage Wolves take to the NSS tomorrow could have been much more. Who said Nicholls was dynamite at Monmore?

Fair play to Howarth his scores have for me been disappointing most of this year but he has come up with a few crucial rides when it mattered

I said he was because he usually is and after his race win i thought he would be better overall. It was a totally different Nicholls to the one that guested for poole at Wolves when he was passing Lindgren and co with ease.

Edited by foreverblue

Who said Nicholls was dynamite at Monmore?

I am sure it was that woman interviewing him last Monday night!!

• Like 1

Nope just bend two, but I felt it unsettled Worrall enough and he lost enough momentum to aid PK in his pass. Certainly didn't hand it to him on a plate but certainly helped his cause.

Wasn't Monmore Green shortened in the mid 90's? Didn't they bring the fence in around a metre, and the kerb in around a metre... I'm sure it was, and the reason/s were to do with the lighting pylons being to close the the track? Cheaper to do that, than relocate all the floodlights pylons.....?

I'm sure that prior to the alterations Monmore Green was a better, fairer race circuit..

Can someone clarify please?

Is there anywhere on the interweb, where there's to scale, simple kerb and fence lined diagrams of all Elite/Premier tracks from above, and the other NL league tracks that are stand alone tracks (not shared with EL/PL) and possibly the non-league tracks??

Edited by Shale Searcher

Bwitcher, do you know track dimensions before/after alterations, lengths/widths....?

I could find out the lengths easy enough from old programmes, but I won't know about the widths. I'll have a look later if nobody else has answered the question sooner.

It was definitely harder to ride before the changes, the straights were longer and the bends tighter as a result. There were a number of riders who really struggled there prior who suddenly were able to get round the place ok.

All that makes it trickier now is the modern bikes and the silencers used, you require throttle control when there is a bit of grip on the track. When it slickens off its very easy to blast round as Steve Worrall was showing the other night.