British Speedway Forum

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

Itsvall very well and good being proud of the fact that Belle Vue have kept the same 1-7 all season. But truth be told changes should have been made. Wolverhampton strengthened up massively bringing Woffinden in while Belle Vue treaded water.

Jacobs was as bad if not worse than a NL reserve. Didn't have a clue. Holding throttle wide open at nss is not enough. He has very little track craft and I don't know any other team in the country who would have kept him on.

Fricke won the u21 title last night so should have been on a massive high tonight. Instead he was pathetic and let his team down badly. No excuse.

Zagar, like Holder, struggled around the place. Poor tonight as Holder was last week.

No way on gods earth that Belle Vue have a sniff. The gap is 8 points too much and if bv get 10 up out comes Woffy on a t/r.

Wolves can win on Wednesday to have a huge aggregate win.

To be fair Steve BV won the league with that 1-7.Scotty loves the place.Didn't do the bizz tonight.Matty scored better last time he was there.Max..Well I just don't know.Should of been buzzing he's nads off. ??

Thing is, joking aside, it wouldnt have been a vanilla meeting tonight if Poole had been in the final. With a bv v Wolves final, the neutrals are not bothered who wins really as long as theres a few decent heats. If Poole were in it the neutrals would be screaming for bv or Wolves. You can be sure of one thing with Poole. They never give up. Afraid the white flag was well and truly raised above the bv pits tonight, which is a shame for neutrals as the final is now a foregone conclusion.

Apart from Craig Cook and Steve Worrall it didn't look like Belle Vue could handle the pressure like last year when they went down early on there own track.

Its not as if Woofinden banged in 13 or 14 either was it? The NSS will certainly suit him much better, we need to be 110% up for it weds, have the speed and the determination. Fricke and Jacobs will certainly score far more at home, Zagar we can all but hope. Even though i think we,re doomed Captain Mannering if they can put 54 past us down there why cant we do likewise up here?

Congratulations to Wolves on an emphatic win and to Craig Cook on showing the spirit and determination we need from everyone on Wednesday. I'm certainly not accepting it's all over. We can do the same to them on Wednesday. I'm not saying we will, it's a tall order but it's not impossible.

Those saying Jacobs should have been replaced need to remember there was nobody below him on the EDR list who was likely to do as well, never mind better. He has shown on numerous occasions at the NSS that he has skill and track craft, just can't do it away. As for Fricke he has had plenty of experience of small tracks at Edinburgh and the dog track. As for zPoole having more fight look no further back than last week.

• Like 3

If Wolves do win the title it will be well deserved.

No it won't. Belle Vue were the best team by far, a clear 5 points over a 28 match season. It is unjust, unfair and inappropriate if Belle Vue don't go into the record books as League Winners because of one bad night at a weird track in the West Midlands. You will all tell me that's the rules, but I don't accept it.

• Like 4

Apart from Craig Cook and Steve Worrall it didn't look like Belle Vue could handle the pressure like last year when they went down early on there own track.

And there i think you have nailed the real problem

Its not as if Woofinden banged in 13 or 14 either was it? The NSS will certainly suit him much better, we need to be 110% up for it weds, have the speed and the determination. Fricke and Jacobs will certainly score far more at home, Zagar we can all but hope. Even though i think we,re doomed Captain Mannering if they can put 54 past us down there why cant we do likewise up here?

Always good to be possitive but Monmore is a trick track while the wide open spaces of nss will suit the continental riders just fine.

It's a good job Belle Vue have sold a lot of tickets already as i imagine some will not bother now.

The phones will be ringing off the hook tomorrow asking for refunds.

No it won't. Belle Vue were the best team by far, a clear 5 points over a 28 match season. It is unjust, unfair and inappropriate if Belle Vue don't go into the record books as League Winners because of one bad night at a weird track in the West Midlands. You will all tell me that's the rules, but I don't accept it.

Fair comment but that won't stop Wolves celebrating winning the title and so they should. Also that is the reason why i always wanted us to win the league as well as the play offs so nobody could say we wern't the real champions.

• Like 1

Haha very good, mindless moron.

Amazing isn't it. All it can do is slate the track and then try pick fights as per usual.

no mention of its team performance or praise for the home side.

its what trolls and multi aliased posters do tho.

Yet the Aces were very much up to the job last year and pushed Poole hard till the end. And on a track they always perform well at I'm shocked at the lack of fight.

It's good to see Jacob proving why we could have missed him last week. Wasn't there some saying Wolves were strengthened up by using Harris in his place? ? :rofl::wink:

Total bore of a meeting for the neutral supporter.

Belle Vue were awful apart from Cook and Steve Worrall late on.

Fricke's claim as a World Champion is a total joke.

Interesting comments from Woffinden on Sky about the difficulties of setting up the bike.

Hard to see any way back for Belle Vue from this disaster.

And where we people complaining when the Aces owned us at the Green in the B fixture. Weren't a weird track then was it?

Only those sat top of the table complain about the play offs if they don't win them.

There is nothing any more inappropriate about the Aces not winning the title than any of the other teams who failed to win the play offs after topping the league.

The play offs are hugely successful and are here to stay, and yes I'd be saying that whether Wolves are top or bottom.

Love the play offs.

• Like 1

If you don't like riding here, Tai, then just sod off - and take your can of pop and the straw with you

Why does he need to wave that Monster bottle in front of cameras when he has same logo on his head. Numpty!

Well done Craig Cook, he loves riding for Belle Vue and will be hurting tonight.

Cookie is a great team man. Heartbeat of his team.

Amazed at the amount of bitter Poole fans floating about.. commenting on the track when they a mx track that even there best rider says is s**t and then the fact Wolves brought Woffinden into the team despite the fact it was legal unlike all the moves they have pulled to get riders in (see Hans is riding in the individual at Poole, looks like that season ending injury is ok)

• Like 3

And where we people complaining when the Aces owned us at the Green in the B fixture. Weren't a weird track then was it?

Only those sat top of the table complain about the play offs if they don't win them.

There is nothing any more inappropriate about the Aces not winning the title than any of the other teams who failed to win the play offs after topping the league.

The play offs are hugely successful and are here to stay, and yes I'd be saying that whether Wolves are top or bottom.

Love the play offs.

Poor meeting for the neutral, but a stunning display by Wolves. Surely one hand on the trophy now?

Got to say it was a massive crowd and raucous atmosphere with the Aces fans quite rowdy early on (though they did quieten down as the meeting went on). Also had a few fun and games on the steps outside the bar after the last heat as well.

Amazing isn't it. All it can do is slate the track and then try pick fights as per usual.

no mention of its team performance or praise for the home side.

its what trolls and multi aliased posters do tho.

Yet the Aces were very much up to the job last year and pushed Poole hard till the end. And on a track they always perform well at I'm shocked at the lack of fight.

It's good to see Jacob proving why we could have missed him last week. Wasn't there some saying Wolves were strengthened up by using Harris in his place? ? :rofl::wink:

Yes he didn't have the best of starts but certainly warmed to it, same could be said of Freddie but you always know when the chips are down Freddie will come up trumps.

Considering how well they have ridden there in the past it is strange the aces were found wanting and lost by so many.

Amazed at the amount of bitter Poole fans floating about.. commenting on the track when they a mx track that even there best rider says is s**t and then the fact Wolves brought Woffinden into the team despite the fact it was legal unlike all the moves they have pulled to get riders in (see Hans is riding in the individual at Poole, looks like that season ending injury is ok)

You may have noticed one Poole fan you can't accuse of being bitter.

• Like 1