British Speedway Forum

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

Ive said for a while that when it comes down to it you wont win the big meetings with a misfiring number 1 Zagar is just not reliable, Fricke should have come into this meeting with his confidence way up after saturday and no excuse that he cant ride small tracks after Edinburgh and Kirky Lane, Jacobs has been superb at home but apart from swindon has been as poor away from home. I remember pullin back 22 points at Hyde road against Exeter one season cant see that happening on weds tbh. The bottom line is like last season the pressure appears to have got to them, they have been brilliant all season but come the big meetings and i fear that winning mentality isnt there, they dont appear to handle the pressure. So a packed NSS and sadly its looking like an anti climax, its disappointing to top the table and then to put in a showing like tonight. All you can do Is congratulate Wolves and hope theres some terriffic racing for the tv viewers on weds night. One other thing when Tai gave his WTC medal away he said it meant nothing to him which at the time i thought demeaned it for the other lads, so surely a title winning medal cant mean much to him after giving the whole season a miss just to come in on the back of the other Wolves lads success? Just a thought.

Zagar underperformed.

Stevie did his job plus some.

Fricke dreadful. Very disappointing.

Nicholls - expected more.

Cook - our rider of the night.

Richie - disappointing.

Jacobs - expected what he got but even he was a mile ahead out of gate 3!

10 wins from gate 3, dreadful. Racing poor also. Only passes from mistakes of which BV were making plenty! Wolves by far the better team and deserve the 18 point lead. All over bar the shouting. We need all 7 of our guys on fire to have a prayer.

first blood to Wolves, 18 points is a massive gap to claw back so for what it's worth I am going to say that Wolves will be the best teams during the play off's, Belle Vue the best team over the season up to the play off final.

Wolves started like a train and hurt BV very early, a couple of strange decisions by the BV manager, ( and that's me being kind ) that let Wolves kick on even more, how a rider can win the U21 final and bring that to the party tonight stinks too, not a great spectacle I'm afraid with the gate positions the main reason for riders winning races rather than there track craft, almost kills the 2nd leg unless BV start like Wolves did tonight, somehow I don't see P Adams making the same mistakes as his opposite number did if Wolves are in trouble early on.

Cracking performance from Wolves.

Factor in a potential TR win and the Aces actually could have to effectively win by 22 to take the title - too much to pull back even if a lot goes their way IMO.

After seeing Fricke at Lakeside the other week and tonight at Wolves, I'm thinking he needs to move to a smaller track next year. Maybe he's just been riding on the bigger tracks too much this year.

Well done Wolves, far, far, far superior on the night.

Disappointing match after last week's drama. Shame we can't have Poole on the TV every week....

I am not saying they will do it but I make the possible total of all Belle Vue riders on Wednesday night to be sixty points.

If Wolves do win the title it will be well deserved. maybe Belle Vue will win the Elite Shield next year.

Poole may not have made the final this year but whatever we say to work up the Poole fans, they will undoubtedly be there or there about this time next year.

Itsvall very well and good being proud of the fact that Belle Vue have kept the same 1-7 all season. But truth be told changes should have been made. Wolverhampton strengthened up massively bringing Woffinden in while Belle Vue treaded water.

Jacobs was as bad if not worse than a NL reserve. Didn't have a clue. Holding throttle wide open at nss is not enough. He has very little track craft and I don't know any other team in the country who would have kept him on.

Fricke won the u21 title last night so should have been on a massive high tonight. Instead he was pathetic and let his team down badly. No excuse.

Zagar, like Holder, struggled around the place. Poor tonight as Holder was last week.

No way on gods earth that Belle Vue have a sniff. The gap is 8 points too much and if bv get 10 up out comes Woffy on a t/r.

Wolves can win on Wednesday to have a huge aggregate win.

• Like 1

After seeing Fricke at Lakeside the other week and tonight at Wolves, I'm thinking he needs to move to a smaller track next year. Maybe he's just been riding on the bigger tracks too much this year.

Disappointing match after last week's drama. Shame we can't have Poole on the TV every week....

He has been riding big tracks all through his career; though I am not sure how many are as big as the old (Original Sydney) showground which made most tracks today look like short tracks, even the Polish tracks.

Thing is, joking aside, it wouldnt have been a vanilla meeting tonight if Poole had been in the final. With a bv v Wolves final, the neutrals are not bothered who wins really as long as theres a few decent heats. If Poole were in it the neutrals would be screaming for bv or Wolves. You can be sure of one thing with Poole. They never give up. Afraid the white flag was well and truly raised above the bv pits tonight, which is a shame for neutrals as the final is now a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

He has been riding big tracks all through his career; though I am not sure how many are as big as the old (Original Sydney) showground which made most tracks today look like short tracks, even the Polish tracks.

Edinburgh is not a big track ! and it is often said to be technical like Wolverhampton.No excuses for Max.

I'll never agree with any rider that says they've gone to a small track to develop because it develops nothing when the ambition should be to race in the top leagues in Poland, Sweden and international individual racing.

• Like 1