British Speedway Forum

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

We need to keep the score close at Monmore and have all our riders maintaining the form of late.

I recon the score will be to close to call. So I'll sit on the fence.

What ever happens, this is going to be a final that will be very hard to call a winner, but when push comes to shove, I think that Belle Vue win win. It would be the icing on the cake for them, with this thier first year at the new stadium, what a track it has now turned out to be, it is going to be a nail biting 2 legs.

I said earlier this year that BV had the best side in the league & I've seen nowt to change my mind. This final is set up to be a cracker on arguably the two best tracks in the U.K. (But completely different at the same time).

Can see BV running wolves very close Monday. 47-43.

Edited by hyabb17

Two great race tracks, two evenly matched teams, no guests or R/R and Lord Ford nowhere in sight.....has the makings of an awesome final. It's the one that the vast majority of people wanted to see so let's hope it lives up to expectations.

• Like 2

So tough to call this one, the Aces like the Monmore track, Wolves really dangerous round our place.

Got all the ingredients of a fantastic final. If you love speedway, whoever you support, these are 2 matches not to miss - win or lose I can't wait!

Hard to call, Aces ride wolves very well, wolves stronger with tai since we last rode them, but the Aces now much stronger at home than the last time we met. Luck will play a big part im sure.

If the Aces can keep it within 6 then id be happy with that.

The Aces have owned us home and away so start as massive favourites.

Think it will be close on Monday and any win will be a bonus but I'd like at least 6 points.

Then it's all down to the 2nd leg.

Aces for me tho, best team all season long.

BV have a very good team that can be dangerous away but there's no reason why we can't go to the NSS and take them close there too. Didn't we only lose by a few points on one of our visits there this season? Without Tai....

• Like 1

BV have a very good team that can be dangerous away but there's no reason why we can't go to the NSS and take them close there too. Didn't we only lose by a few points on one of our visits there this season? Without Tai....

Lindgren been one of the best visiting riders seen at BV this season, Woffinden's SWC heroics well documented. Thorssell, PK & Masters have all won races there too.

With Belle Vue's liking for Monmore, a Grand Final where both legs are away wins wouldn't surprise me.

Is tai back up to hl for the final. Clearly strengthens wolves if he does.

Man for man:

Zagar vs fred: pretty even

Cook vs tai: tai

Fricke vs masters: evening

Nicholls v thorssel: even

Worrall v pk: even, both likely to score much better at home

Worrall v howarth: slight edge worrall?

Jacob v clegg: neither will score away, bit Jacobs at NSS will score more than clegg at Monmore.

Overall wolves with stronger hl, aces marginally stronger at reserve. I would make wolves slight favourites, but doubt there will be more than 6 in it in either leg, or on aggregate.

A title would be a great way to mark the first season at the NSS, as well as showing loyalty all season to a mostly British 1-7 .

• Like 2

You can forget lhe massacre against Lakeside, totally different kettle of fish with Wolves. Since the addition of Woofinden, Wolves I think will have the edge.

Please with this thread and BVs home leg thread, can the bickering and name calling cease, as was evident when Poole were involved, I think the moderators should have temporarily banned a few posters.

This should guarantee a huge gate for both clubs, provided that Wolves do not take a big lead with them to the NSS.

May the best team win, either way I am delighted that Poole are no longer in the running, well done the Wolves.