British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

First of all well done to Wolves. Best team on the night and the only suprise was that it took them so long to finish us off, especially with a gaping hole in the middle of the team so large you could drive a bus through.

Soon as it was announced Lindback was missing I knew we were stuffed. Two points from his rides sums it up.

With Kurtz completely out of his depth, buck not having a clue and Tungate useless as a guest, we had no back up for our reserves. Holder showed his dislike for the track with a crap performance.

A shame we couldn't put out a decent team but injuries finally caught up with us. A big well done to our reserves Ellis and Newman who never gave up. Newman rider of the night.

Good luck to both Wolverhampton and Belle Vue in the final. I am completely neutral and couldn't care less who wins it now. Just hope its run by a ref who can make decisions based on what happens on track rather than who the home team is.

• Like 2

Well done Wolves. To be honest I truly think BV will win and deserve it this season.

Speedway needs a good shake up.

I feel a squad sysrem is needed. But, I do not feel rider control would work. It would not work in any other sport and why should any club not be able to succeed with its own business plan.

Every other sport does. In this day of politics is it called a fee market.

I do not know what the real solution is.All I know is there must be changes and leagues that have a sustainable number of fixtures.

I personally am not a fan of the play offs. In my view Belle Vue are the champions already..

• Like 1

First of all well done to Wolves. Best team on the night and the only suprise was that it took them so long to finish us off, especially with a gaping hole in the middle of the team so large you could drive a bus through.

Soon as it was announced Lindback was missing I knew we were stuffed. Two points from his rides sums it up.

With Kurtz completely out of his depth, buck not having a clue and Tungate useless as a guest, we had no back up for our reserves. Holder showed his dislike for the track with a crap performance.

A shame we couldn't put out a decent team but injuries finally caught up with us. A big well done to our reserves Ellis and Newman who never gave up. Newman rider of the night.

Good luck to both Wolverhampton and Belle Vue in the final. I am completely neutral and couldn't care less who wins it now. Just hope its run by a ref who can make decisions based on what happens on track rather than who the home team is.

Oh Steve, you were doing so well.

• Like 7

Yes!!!!!!! just got back in. Get in there Wolves.

CHEATS NEVER PROSPER

everyone knew on the forum what Ford was trying to do but Lindback did not live up to expectations plus dodgy stomach & the expected injury to Pederson now he'd moved back to the main body.

With what Ford was saying earlier about having a squad, it might eliminate these ODD occurances.

I think that is a fair and objective assessment of the Poole performance. Big performances from both reserves, a crap showing from Holder and three riders who were out of their depth.

Firstly Poole and Wolverhampton thank you for giving us fans a great meeting. As a neutral fan I can't ask for any more than that .

A meeting that looked all over for Poole early on but a great fight back by them or should I say a great fight back by their reserves.Ellis and Newman you should be very proud of yours efforts tonight. With out you two Poole could have been embarrassed.

Some very good racing tapes exclusions a few dodgy calls from the ref only added to the tension on the night . With 4 races to go I still would have been able to call a winner.

Great night for Wolverhampton not so much for Poole .

Thanks to both teams for a excellent nights tv viewing.

• Like 4

I guess Wolves had to emerge from the bottom of the league at some point. How about having no points limit next season and you can have any seven riders you like.....oh no couldn't do that as most promotions make losses and want to water the league down unlike the forever hammered Matt Ford. Hopefully people aren't blind to the fact that the low points limit and quality of rider is due to the clubs struggling to run in the EL. Will be interesting to see what the EL looks like next year, if there is one as have heard bees won't run in EL and Aces/Leicester have made big losses!

You sound like a right know all, you've heard this, you've heard that, why not shut up and stop posting bullsh1t.

I did tonight. I was in bed with your missus watching it.

Are there no rules whatsoever on here any longer?

Would you actually say that to a bloke you didn't know if he were stood in front of you? Thought not. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

Ok mystic meg. By the way your missus said and I quote 'I was the F**k of the century'

You couldn't get the job done in the bedroom so your missus came to a real man like me to show her a good time.

Couldn't care if I got suspended.

Yes I would if he was giving me abuse first. Like CR the d1ck has all night long.

You are embarrassing yourself here fella, unsure if you are an adult but you really need to reign it in. No you wouldn't say that to a bloke at all, you are clearly the type who hides behind a keyboard and would not say boo to a goose.

• Like 3

You are embarrassing yourself here fella, unsure if you are an adult but you really need to reign it in. No you wouldn't say that to a bloke at all, you are clearly the type who hides behind a keyboard and would not say boo to a goose.

I think he missed off the word "wit" :wink:

Edited by Steve0