British Speedway Forum

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Well done wolves, writing has been on the wall for Poole way before the play offs to be honest... this isn't a surprise result. I do however think the referee could have utilised the camera footage better when coming to his final decision, alas you can't win them all! I think belle vue will edge a close final, purely because wolves did nearly succumb to a 2.5 man Poole team on aggregate. Good luck!

The best team won on the night and deservedly won on aggregate. Middlo took defeat on the chin, didn't look for excuses - e.g. not protest for Tungate to be put back into Heat Fifteen.

For Poole, without their reserves they frankly would have been hammered. Holder rode like he normally does at Monmore - he may not like the place, but his points scores including tonight have been unacceptable for an ex-world champion. Aside from Newman and Ellis who rode their hearts out to keep Poole in the tie, the rest of the Poole lineup were mediocre at best.

Onward and upward for Wolves; for Poole and Matt Ford a winter to contemplate what 'advantage' they can manufacture for next season. One thing that is certain is that they won't have the benefit of Newman and Ellis both at reserve next season.

Well done to the Wolves must say it was disgraceful the way they staid at Monmore to cover thier beloved Poole and hardly show any of the races at Bell Vue. Well done to both teams should be a great final over the 2 legs.

Congratulations to Wolves on pulling back those 12 points and going on to win so no excuses needed because if you throw away a 12 point lead, then you deserve to lose.

Of the two teams i hope and expect BV go on to win in the final.

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 4

You give them credit Crazy Robin as they are out. I think half the people on here never go to speedway as you only need to look at the teams to realise it was a mismatch. A GP rider is swapped for reserves and people said Poole were stronger, he is one of the top 8 riders in the world and am sure he could adjust to a technical track. Tungate for peddlo was much of a muchness both PL heat leaders. I guess your title says it all though CRAZY robin!!!

Gave them credit before they went out but am I glad Ford's games worked against him tonight then you're spot on as the man is the reason why fans like to see Poole lose☺☺

• Like 1

Well done to the Wolves must say it was disgraceful the way they staid at Monmore to cover thier beloved Poole and hardly show any of the races at Bell Vue. Well done to both teams should be a great final over the 2 legs.

I am certainly no fan of Poole, but to be honest with the 2nd leg at Belle Vue largely being a no event after the large Belle Vue victory in the first leg, I would have made exactly the same decision; especially after Wolves opened up with a 5-1 in the first heat.

It definitely will be an entertaining final. Here's hoping as others have mentioned for no guests and no rider replacement.

I guess Wolves had to emerge from the bottom of the league at some point. How about having no points limit next season and you can have any seven riders you like.....oh no couldn't do that as most promotions make losses and want to water the league down unlike the forever hammered Matt Ford. Hopefully people aren't blind to the fact that the low points limit and quality of rider is due to the clubs struggling to run in the EL. Will be interesting to see what the EL looks like next year, if there is one as have heard bees won't run in EL and Aces/Leicester have made big losses!