British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

Just click on his website reveals a lot of info

https://www.smiley-racing.com/speedway

https://www.smiley-racing.com/grasstrack

It was mentioned at our meeting on Sunday that we looked into Shanes as a guest. Well, he rode for Poole at Leicester on the Saturday & no booking for grasstrack or guest bookings at speedway.

Our little group were talking about bringing Shanes in last year to replace Greaves. Don't know if he'll be any better than JPB, but he's definitely an exciting rider with decent prospects. We'd like to see him get a team place at Sheffield and like someone already said when he's not available bring in JPB, unless he signs for another team! (Scunthorpe??)

According to his commitments he'll not be guesting for Sheffield on Sunday at Scunthorpe!

What do we know about Nathan Stoneman? Can't be any worse than Ryan McDonald. Did he ride in the Cradley challenge match last year?

Edited by Steve55

Our little group were talking about bringing Shanes in last year to replace Greaves. Don't know if he'll be any better than JPB, but he's definitely an exciting rider with decent prospects. We'd like to see him get a team place at Sheffield and like someone already said when he's not available bring in JPB, unless he signs for another team! (Scunthorpe??)

According to his commitments he'll not be guesting for Sheffield on Sunday at Scunthorpe!

What do we know about Nathan Stoneman? Can't be any worse than Ryan McDonald. Did he ride in the Cradley challenge match last year?

Guested for us last season at Sheffield score 3 paid 4 from 4 rides.

Has a 10 point average in the National League for Kent Kings.

Edited by spin king

Why is it Sheffield Speedway do not offer concessions to Students? Two major universities and many colleges and you expect them to pay full adult price, defo missing a trick here- and yes I do have a daughter at University of Sheffield and resent paying on top of her fees , loans, housing etc that I already pay to the Sheffield economy. :mad:

• Like 2

Why is it Sheffield Speedway do not offer concessions to Students? Two major universities and many colleges and you expect them to pay full adult price, defo missing a trick here- and yes I do have a daughter at University of Sheffield and resent paying on top of her fees , loans, housing etc that I already pay to the Sheffield economy. :mad:

Probably open to abuse.

They used to until I would guess early 2000's, but seem to remember talking to Louis Carr about it when they stopped it and it was a case of the club wasn't getting anything in return in terms of advertising or something along those lines (it's all a very long time ago!!). It might be something worth raising as Mr Bates & co seem to be a bit more progressive and willing to try things to boost attendances so they might want to re-visit it

Heard it on the grapevine that all the pubs up West Street put together a petition to STOP Sheffield offering student concessions because it would cost them too much in lost trade on a Thursday night.

(Only joking!) ;)

• Like 1

Probably open to abuse.

Tap into potentially 50000 plus students and Sheffield Speedway could make loads of money, just on bars and food. With a new intake every year a potential goldmine with a few flyers spread around campus. If Scorpions can manage to give Student concessions why can't others? It only needs Student union card id , much the same as the OAP scheme concession.

Tap into potentially 50000 plus students and Sheffield Speedway could make loads of money, just on bars and food. With a new intake every year a potential goldmine with a few flyers spread around campus. If Scorpions can manage to give Student concessions why can't others? It only needs Student union card id , much the same as the OAP scheme concession.

Bar and food money nothing to do with the speedway.

Don't start me on scorps charges, quid for an excuse of a program, charging an extra two quid for a second half junior meeting that most people don't want to watch.

Stinking toilets,,,,,,,

Need I go on??

Bar and food money nothing to do with the speedway.

Don't start me on scorps charges, quid for an excuse of a program, charging an extra two quid for a second half junior meeting that most people don't want to watch.

Stinking toilets,,,,,,,

Need I go on??

A little harsh no? £1 for a colour printed race card to fill in and a bit of news, plus advertisement. What more do you want for a quid?!

They don't charge £2 for second halves, it's when it may be a youth championship or another big event, they never charge extra for meaningless second halves.

Toilets.. Use the toilets near the entrance, much nicer.

Problem solved!

• Like 2

A little harsh no? £1 for a colour printed race card to fill in and a bit of news, plus advertisement. What more do you want for a quid?!

They don't charge £2 for second halves, it's when it may be a youth championship or another big event, they never charge extra for meaningless second halves.

Problem solved!

Actually, per the website it is £2.00 more when it is a championship, national league double header. Most of the double header's do not involve National League teams, as they did in the past. Probably still not too bad value for the extra £2.00 if you are staying, but if not, increased admission, for nothing extra.

Problem solved!

Programs a joke.

Run the Junior meetings first and see how many turn up and pay 2 quid extra!

Bogs next to entrance are the ones I'm referring to,, wouldn't let a dog crap in the others.