British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

Sheffield have the best team I agree with you.

Ipswich weak at reserve same as Redcar. Only Glasgow could beat Sheffield over 2 legs imo.

Nope we are not weak at reserve. Hume will average over 4 easily in this league against riders he beats regularly. Mountain more of a gamble but has the potential to do the same.

Nope we are not weak at reserve. Hume will average over 4 easily in this league against riders he beats regularly. Mountain more of a gamble but has the potential to do the same.

People forget Hume averaged i think 7.33 in the NL? an average that he upped from 3.59.? Also he did all of that in the top 5 a real achievement when you think that two other prospects Parkinson Blackburn and Smith were at reserve. Edited by Sidney the robin

Having looked back through all the individual scores from the last 2 seasons it shows up that for some reason Josh Bates scores better when Steady isn't in the team, could Josh have been trying too hard to emulate Simon and putting himself under pressure to do so?. When Steady is out of the line up (through injury and now retirement) Josh seems to "step up" and put in the better scores. Josh has had Steady in his corner for the 2015 Under 19 championship and the 2016 Under 21 championship (look at his performances in both of those). This should be the season where he kicks on and becomes a solid second string/heat leader

Agree, Josh was a miles better rider when Steady was trackside with him. Did it for him at the end of 2015, and last season when he was out injured he helped Josh, he started to score better again.

Think with Steady as TM, he could again bring the best out in Josh. When he doesn't over ride he's as quick as anyone around Owlerton.

Looking forward to finding out the last 2 tomorrow morning. Think they will of been sorted a while but most clubs like to keep the fans interacting with them by releasing signings slowly. I personally think its a good idea as it keeps the off season interesting and also gives us lot plenty to talk about each week!

What about Ricky Kling does he still ride?

David Howe?

Andre Compton?

Ben Wilson?

Hugh Skidmore?

Tyson Nelson ?

Cory Gathercole?

Richard Sweetman?

Jordan Frampton?

Random i know but what are all the above upto these days ?

all reyired i think

My Guess for the last 2 is Rob Branford and Nicolai Klindt.

Never been impressed by Klindt. He's no more than ordinary and when he was brought in for 7 matches at the end of 2015 season his 42 points in 30 rides was insufficient for a rider of his experience. Added to which, he's already committed to three teams in 2017 (Poole + Poland + Denmark) and his stamina will be severely stretched.

Having seen other teams' declarations, I'm now seeing Sheffield's heat leaders in a slightly different light. There are other teams whose 1 to 3 are very powerful and I particularly like the look of Redcar, Workington, Peterborough and Newcastle. I think all nine teams are capable of seeing off the Sheffield threat on their own tracks and, with the possible exception of Scunny and Berwick, may well take points off us at Owlerton (especially since the fast Sheffield track offers little home advantage).

I'm beginning to hope with some desperation that the promoters pull someone spectacular out of the hat for numbers 5 and 6, otherwise I could well foresee this will be another season of mid-table disappointment. Should have kept Garrity.

• Like 2

Never been impressed by Klindt. He's no more than ordinary and when he was brought in for 7 matches at the end of 2015 season his 42 points in 30 rides was insufficient for a rider of his experience. Added to which, he's already committed to three teams in 2017 (Poole + Poland + Denmark) and his stamina will be severely stretched.

Having seen other teams' declarations, I'm now seeing Sheffield's heat leaders in a slightly different light. There are other teams whose 1 to 3 are very powerful and I particularly like the look of Redcar, Workington, Peterborough and Newcastle. I think all nine teams are capable of seeing off the Sheffield threat on their own tracks and, with the possible exception of Scunny and Berwick, may well take points off us at Owlerton (especially since the fast Sheffield track offers little home advantage).

I'm beginning to hope with some desperation that the promoters pull someone spectacular out of the hat for numbers 5 and 6, otherwise I could well foresee this will be another season of mid-table disappointment. Should have kept Garrity.

Spot on that

hang on - what about zach wajtknecht ?

Little pessimistic there. A lot depends on you get for your final two riders, but I'd maintain that Sheffield still look pretty good.

A fair bit rests on Lasse Bjerre. He had a nightmare 2016 but he's a lot better than his average - and has put in some pretty impressive performances at Owlerton as well. If he gets back to what he can, Sheffield's heat leaders will be a match for any.

Could we fit Brady Kurtz and Nathan Greaves or is that over the limit ?

we could fit them both in, and nathan is sorted somewhere which will be announced this week, could these guys be the two, i hope so.

nathan didnt seem to progress last season, but looking at the other reserves about should increase his average and he is still young enough to.