British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

Just seen Redcar team and the big whoo arrr about how good Sheffield is im bemused... currently with teams so far I put us outside playoffs... for me we need another heat leader Brady Kurtz but unsure it will be looking at announcements of 2nd string and reserve.. for me unless it's klindt we will struggle

Edited by psycho3a

Just seen Redcar team and the big whoo arrr about how good Sheffield is im bemused... currently with teams so far I put us outside playoffs... for me we need another heat leader but unsure unless it's klindt we will be competitive..

With Josh G, Kyle Howrth and Lasse Bjerre why do we need another heat leader?

Edited by Steve55

With Josh G, Kyle Howrth and Lasse Bjerre why do we nee another heat leader?

With Josh G, Kyle Howrth and Lasse Bjerre why do we nee another heat leader?

Because when 2 of these have a bad night we need backup.. unless they improve average wise when it comes down to heat 15 we will need that extra rider

Not concerned in slightest.

The Heatleader trio is as good as any others.

Josh Bates will next season I blieve prove to be a solid second string.

And at reserve I believe we have the best newcomer to the league JPB.

If its Branford for the senior reserve position then I believe that we have the best all round rider in that position in the league.

Just need a solid second string to fill in the final position.

• Like 2

Agree with Spinny, do believe that Josh will come to the fore next year, although he wants away from Sheffield (his words not mine), but even now without naming the last two we have strength in depth. Do believe Rob Branford will be at 6 and he will get the way of riding Owlerton, even if he's not the best JPB will do the honours there and Rob will give us a leg up at a lot of the more 'technical' away tracks. If it is him he'll be a good acquisition for next year.

Sheffield have the best team I agree with you.

Ipswich weak at reserve same as Redcar. Only Glasgow could beat Sheffield over 2 legs imo.

Glasgow would appear to have a very strong top 3. They will do well at Glasgow, but dependant on the full team can't see them being so strong away from Ashfield. (not seen the full team yet so I reserve my opinion, respecfully.)

If its Branford for the senior reserve position then I believe that we have the best all round rider in that position in the league.

Just need a solid second string to fill in the final position.

Personally feel BWD will be stronger at reserve

With a 5 point average, not many teams will fit BWD in at reserve I would imagine

the pussycats can/will....
  • Like 1

Having looked back through all the individual scores from the last 2 seasons it shows up that for some reason Josh Bates scores better when Steady isn't in the team, could Josh have been trying too hard to emulate Simon and putting himself under pressure to do so?. When Steady is out of the line up (through injury and now retirement) Josh seems to "step up" and put in the better scores. Josh has had Steady in his corner for the 2015 Under 19 championship and the 2016 Under 21 championship (look at his performances in both of those). This should be the season where he kicks on and becomes a solid second string/heat leader

Not concerned, just wish the last 2 were announced!

With most teams having now declared, the pool of riders left is getting smaller. Could it be the riders Sheffield have targeted for positions 5 and 6 are playing hard to get and are part of a bidding war between Sheffield, Glasgow, Peterborough and Edinburgh?

Some people on this forum were saying a couple of weeks ago that there's plenty of time: 'four months to go before the start of the season' and all that rubbish. Are they still saying the same thing? I'm beginning to think we may not get the riders we'd all hoped for.

With most teams having now declared, the pool of riders left is getting smaller. Could it be the riders Sheffield have targeted for positions 5 and 6 are playing hard to get and are part of a bidding war between Sheffield, Glasgow, Peterborough and Edinburgh?

Some people on this forum were saying a couple of weeks ago that there's plenty of time: 'four months to go before the start of the season' and all that rubbish. Are they still saying the same thing? I'm beginning to think we may not get the riders we'd all hoped for.

No, everyone already knows who Glasgow and Peterborough are signing.

Yes, Speedway Star confirms the team will be announced next week.
  • Like 2