British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

Steady retiring from racing: Happy retirement Steady you've been an absolute legend at Sheffield

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.2224

Steady retiring from racing: Happy retirement Steady you've been an absolute legend at Sheffield

http://www.sheffieldspeedway.co/news.php?extend.2224

an absolute joy to watch,never forget his two years as a comet,some wonderful memories,thanks for those and good luck steady

Happy retirement to Steady legend at Sheffield.Seen him at Sheffield from his first meeting for us and always been a favourite.Hope hes going to take on an active roll as manager or coach when training track takes off.Great signing getting Josh from Somerset as I hoped in a previous post,and was told we had no chance from one of their supporters ????? The team is taking great shape now.If Branford is the next one then id like the 7th rider to be Todd Kurtz,hes one of the drillermen I think and goes well at several tracks and is due a good season,

As I remember Adam had 'indifferent start' to the season, Ty Proctor was spannering for Josh Bates and the Bates clan decided to sack Adam and bring in Proctor. Bit of a same as, same as change really. Adam took it on the chin publicly, but privately was quite upset - to put it mildly!

Come on Steve55 don't be shy spit it out,,,,, maybe you actually were not there and just don't know the truth,, just saying what you heard second / third hand ?????

As you say "as you remember"

100% from the truth!!!!!!

If you DONT actually know and it's all hear say just to look like Billy big Bellex who knows all just fade away gracefully. Big hole just opened!!!!!

Taraa

Come on Steve55 don't be shy spit it out,,,,, maybe you actually were not there and just don't know the truth,, just saying what you heard second / third hand ?????

If you DONT actually know and it's all hear say just to look like Billy big Bellex who knows all just fade away gracefully. Big hole just opened!!!!!

Taraa

Tell us then!!! :)

I was to sad to read of Simon Stead's retirement. My first visit to a Speedway meeting after the closure of Cradley, was at Monmore Green, when Stead was doubling up for Wolves.. His bouncing of the newly installed air fence to pass riders got me hooked again. It is so sad that injury curtailed his career so badly.

Edited by Col

Klindt would be ok but relies too much on gate,if he did come then could be good choice if he gates consistently.I think Kurtz with drillerman connection could be the last signing.My big concern next season is we could have all our side doubling up/down !!!!! Big risk.After all the stick we took in the play offs then we should get ready for a load more.With the new leagues structure are we going to see more and more guests ?

Klindt would be ok but relies too much on gate,if he did come then could be good choice if he gates consistently.I think Kurtz with drillerman connection could be the last signing.My big concern next season is we could have all our side doubling up/down !!!!! Big risk.After all the stick we took in the play offs then we should get ready for a load more.With the new leagues structure are we going to see more and more guests ?

Think with the new rules this year, we'll see more guests than ever in both leagues.

Take a look at both Kurtz and Klindt websites and you will see both riders have Drillerman connections.

Think with the new rules this year, we'll see more guests than ever in both leagues.

i think the league titles could be decided on who has first call on the double up riders, therefore avoiding guests.

so its not just injuries to worry about next season

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

Taraa

If you know so much (100%) about what's been happening at Sheffield Speedway over the last two or three years and are so obviously defensive over Josh and the promotion, I can only conclude that you are one of the Bates clan.

I am so glad that I didn't acquiesce to your SMS request to meet you last year, as I fear that you may be that psycho Norman. How is your mother by the way?

Simon Stead has retired, and what a great career he had. To end on a PLRC win is spectacular, best of luck to him for the future!

In other news, Sheffield's 2017 team looks like it could really bring in some trophies. Some great signings there, shame we couldn't steal Grajczonek. ;)

• Like 1

If you know so much (100%) about what's been happening at Sheffield Speedway over the last two or three years and are so obviously defensive over Josh and the promotion, I can only conclude that you are one of the Bates clan.

I am so glad that I didn't acquiesce to your SMS request to meet you last year, as I fear that you may be that psycho Norman. How is your mother by the way?

He does a nice line in lampshades. Is he still selling them?

If Sheffield were to win the Championship and Coventry were to finish bottom of the Premiership and the two had to play off for promotion / relegation, who would Lasse and Josh ride for and how on earth do we sell that to the public. A complete and utter shambles as usual.

If Sheffield were to win the Championship and Coventry were to finish bottom of the Premiership and the two had to play off for promotion / relegation, who would Lasse and Josh ride for and how on earth do we sell that to the public. A complete and utter shambles as usual.

Asset of club gets first priority

Then goes to club in same league as which the asset holding club rides

• Like 1

I really think Bates can kick on this year i recon he will average at least 7 in the PL and he will improve again in the EL.The funny thing is when Josh is in the right rythem i believe he has a superb riding style he will keep improving i have no doubt about that.I am really glad he is back at Sheffield again.