British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

Would that one be Allen. Who are you alluding to? Oliver Allen has retired or am I in a time warp!

You can talk about Jason Garrity and Brady Kurtz, but the best value rider for the Championship is Jack Holder, especially around Owlerton. Remember him posting the best time around Sheffield for a couple of years until Steady went out determined to beat it in the following heat (0.1 off the track record!).

Holder is the man for Sheffield.

Jake Allen

I think it fair to say it is highly unlikely that Brady Kurtz will ride in the Championship this year, he only rode for Plymouth for a few months and left at the first available opportunity.

He did say at the end of the 2015 season that he was not interested in the then Premier League.

Chris Harr is is likely to want massive money and could prove very expensive.

Grajczonek is the one that interests me and thinking of the team budget and the average he is on he would prove to be a solid number 1 for the club.

Like most fans at Sheffield I am sorry that Jason Garrity has not been asked back, he connected well with the fans and had started to mastered the track and was capable of beating anyone around Sheffield, but injuries and some of his away form was not great at times, and the one thing that has held the club back over the last two seasons has been injuries to our top rider.

As for Steady if anyone had listen to his interview at the last match of the season would have known that it sound very much like a farewell speech.

Either way will be interesting to see how the Promotion go about building the team for next season.

I think it fair to say it is highly unlikely that Brady Kurtz will ride in the Championship this year, he only rode for Plymouth for a few months and left at the first available opportunity.

He did say at the end of the 2015 season that he was not interested in the then Premier League.

Chris Harr is is likely to want massive money and could prove very expensive.

Grajczonek is the one that interests me and thinking of the team budget and the average he is on he would prove to be a solid number 1 for the club.

Like most fans at Sheffield I am sorry that Jason Garrity has not been asked back, he connected well with the fans and had started to mastered the track and was capable of beating anyone around Sheffield, but injuries and some of his away form was not great at times, and the one thing that has held the club back over the last two seasons has been injuries to our top rider.

As for Steady if anyone had listen to his interview at the last match of the season would have known that it sound very much like a farewell speech.

Either way will be interesting to see how the Promotion go about building the team for next season.

I think you are dead right here.

Kurtz didn't want to be at Plymouth and with the possible exception of the NL fours did them very little good at all.

I think Harris will be wanting big terms and hope he gets a wake up call. He's not as good as he thinks he is.

I can only assume that Garrity not returning is something to do with off track escapades. At times last season, he was brilliant.

SHEFFIELD ?
1 David Bellego 7.63
2 Kyle Howarth 7.18
3 Ty Proctor 6.68
4 Lasse Bjerre 6.64
5 Josh Bates 5.02
6 Ilya Bondarenko 4.83
7 Jack P Blackburn 2.00
Total 39.98
Ok so i'm having a laugh with the Russian - but he fits in at reserve!

According to a twitter reply from the BSPA when asked specifically about JPB and Jack Smith the reply was they come in on a 3.00 because they don't already have an established championship average of less than 3pts.

According to a twitter reply from the BSPA when asked specifically about JPB and Jack Smith the reply was they come in on a 3.00 because they don't already have an established championship average of less than 3pts.

But having spoken to Neal Parkinson about this he confirmed to me that JPB will start on a 2 which he himself had confirmed by the BSPA, thus all just shows what a balls up this whole rule change is.... Yet again British Speedway has shot itself in the foot.

Edited by 1stBendTiger

Julie Reading (Sheffield Promoter and attendee at the BSPA AGM) confirmed at STAARS on Thursday that JPB/Jack Smith and any newcoming British riders to the Premier League will come in on a 2.00 point average. Edited by Tigerite

That was an early tweet either on or just after the final day of the AGM. They've since backtracked on that with further "updates", admitted that it was a hectic few days so not everything relevant was revealed.

Julie Reading (Sheffield Promoter and attendee at the the BSPA AGM) confirmed at STAARS on Thursday that JPB/Jack Smith and any newcoming British riders to the Premier League will come in on a 2.00 point average.

Chris Louis publicly stated this was the case ages ago, but for some bizarre reason some on here chose not to believe him and said he was wrong!

That was an early tweet either on or just after the final day of the AGM. They've since backtracked on that with further "updates", admitted that it was a hectic few days so not everything relevant was revealed.

Chris Louis publicly stated this was the case ages ago, but for some bizarre reason some on here chose not to believe him and said he was wrong!

It's not a case of not believing. Didn't see Louis statement. Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if they change there mind again in January. They've done it before. Ask Somerset!!!