1 Harris 9.21

2 Bates 5.02

3 Howarth 7.18

4 Bjerre 6.64

5 B Kurtz 7.65

6 J Smith 2.00

7 J P Blackburn 2.00

Total 39.70

This is an amazing team, if that team was injury free it would win it in my opinion

Thats a top notch team although i think you will miss out on Smith however Mountain, Kinsley or Bacon would be equally impressive replacements.

Personally I would rather have Brady Kurtz or Josh Grajczonek over Chris Harris

Grajczonek over Harris?! Haha. At least Kurtz is 1.5 points lower and improving. But Grajczonek is terrible value compared to the likes of Harris.

Harris' average is so low because he spent all season as a heat leader and scored lots of bonus points.

Edited by SCB

This is an amazing team, if that team was injury free it would win it in my opinion

Hard got 2 pointers coming in winning a few NL races is a far cry from PL.

Grajczonic

Bates

Allen

Bjerre

Howarth

Branford

JPB

That's my guess pretty confident about most of them being in the side except maybe one.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 1

Hmmm ... the averages I'm looking at .....

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/el16_issue_final_3.pdf

...... show Brady on 6.44 which converts to a team building average of 9.02 I think

Brady Kurtz has got a 2016 Premier League average of 6.75 which is the one that will be used for 2017 team building as per the AGM statement

Edited by 1stBendTiger

lets not forget most championship sides will be chasing him if poole allow him to ride in that league this season, a good prospect on a favourable average for our league that nobody seems to be mentioning would be troy batchelor.

Never thought of Troy but he could certainly do some damage in this league, would again be ecstatic if he came Sheffields way

I might be wrong but isn't both Brady and Todd part of the Drillerman team? Brady is a steal on that average. 2015 he was awesome around Owlerton.

I think; based on what Bates has said that Steady will be retiring. Sounds like team plans are well on the way to be finalised. Would love to see Steady fly round Owlerton for 1 more season; however I think it probably would be best for him to call it a day. since he came back has he finished a season Without being injured once?

On another point; I know Garrity has his issues but he is box office. I have spoke to many supporters and agree he provides the entertainment required to pull the crowds in. IMO big mistake to let him go. Saying that Sheffields recent problems have been putting together a good team but riders who are injury prone and Garrity will probably always be 1 of them riders.

Hard got 2 pointers coming in winning a few NL races is a far cry from PL.

Grajczonic

Bates

Allen

Bjerre

Howarth

Branford

JPB

That's my guess pretty confident about most of them being in the side except maybe one.

Junior

Would that one be Allen. Who are you alluding to? Oliver Allen has retired or am I in a time warp!

You can talk about Jason Garrity and Brady Kurtz, but the best value rider for the Championship is Jack Holder, especially around Owlerton. Remember him posting the best time around Sheffield for a couple of years until Steady went out determined to beat it in the following heat (0.1 off the track record!).

Holder is the man for Sheffield.