British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2017

I think that everyone will agree that the track needs improvement.It was pass poor last season.

I do for one, and I know others who agree.

First priority if you ask me.

Was certain it would be JPB that would be signing number 1, however the post on the Tigers FB page says "a new signing". So im going to throw this out there (With a tad of wishful thinking)

Jack Holder/ Rory Schlein/ Josh Grajzconek

Get JPB in or someone else will.

He's been good all season, but in the KOC at Eastbourne he was just brilliant.

Was certain it would be JPB that would be signing number 1, however the post on the Tigers FB page says "a new signing". So im going to throw this out there (With a tad of wishful thinking

Jack Holder/ Rory Schlein/ Josh Grajzconek

Think there might be an Aussie presence at Sheffield this season.😜

Junior

According to the Sheffield Star, we are in talks with Bates (who remains popular with the Owlerton faithful) and JPB who we are hoping to sign on a 2 point average... not sure how when he hasn't ridden in the league before and so my understanding was that he would be a 3

Wasnt overly impressed when i first read it but now think this could be a masterstroke on that average, will hopefully put at least a point on that and maybe get back to his 8 plus average.

40 Points is tricky and i can see a lot of teams building without a number 1

I dont want Josh but he will be a definite signing so will include him in my below :

Howarth - 7.18

Dimi - 6.91

Bjerre - 6.65

Bates - 5.02

Schlein or Holder - 7.17 or 7.16

Sissis - 3.79

JPB - 3.00

= 39.72

I think Rory would be an amazing signing on that average and would be the experience and captain to carry us forward

Wasnt overly impressed when i first read it but now think this could be a masterstroke on that average, will hopefully put at least a point on that and maybe get back to his 8 plus average.

40 Points is tricky and i can see a lot of teams building without a number 1

I dont want Josh but he will be a definite signing so will include him in my below :

Howarth - 7.18

Dimi - 6.91

Bjerre - 6.65

Bates - 5.02

Schlein or Holder - 7.17 or 7.16

Sissis - 3.79

JPB - 3.00

= 39.72

I think Rory would be an amazing signing on that average and would be the experience and captain to carry us forward

It doesn't make sense to build a team around a No1 with just 40 to play with, probably best to work from ave of 8 down

Because nobody seems to know if the newcomers will be 2 or 3, seems to be a lot of confusion, can you put on here your source that they will be 2?

Chris Louis? A current promoter who unlike the majority on here, actually spent 3 days at the AGM. Could he have got it wrong? There is always a possibility of course, there are promoters who have got rider averages wrong in the past but Louis is a smart guy and knows his onions so you'd really have to think that he's correct no? He's not once, but twice now publically stated that all British newcomers that haven't attained an actual average will start on a 2.

What I find amazing is that some on here who are blatantly less knowledgeable on the subject are point blank stating that Louis is wrong and all newcomers are a 3!!

As I said, there is always the distinct possibility that Louis has made a massive faux pas here and those stating that newcomers will start on 3 will ultimately prove to be correct. But at this moment in time, we surely have to side with the promoter who was actually at the meetings last week?

The SGB twitter feed also backtracked on a previous tweet yesterday and also confirmed Louis' belief, and the Sheffield Star (not a great source admittedly) have also stated today that Sheffield are hoping to include JPB, who will come in on a 2 point average.

• Like 1