British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Will he

Klindt will go wherever he wants to go like any other of the riders.

It makes perfect sense on his average to be back at his parent club.

No idea if both are looking for the same thing.

It's clear on his average he will be in high demand.

I'd prefer Anders Thomsen if he is up for a full committed season .

He still averaged 6+ predominantly as hl, in terms if value on that average he'd be in the top 15 or so riders, and the best value of sny 2016 pirate. Certainly better value than the likes of garritty, worrals, tungate, Josh g who are on the same or higher averages .

He still averaged 6+ predominantly as hl, in terms if value on that average he'd be in the top 15 or so riders, and the best value of sny 2016 pirate. Certainly better value than the likes of garritty, worrals, tungate, Josh g who are on the same or higher averages .

The simple fact is we've spent three points too many on our number 1, compared to what is needed to be competitive. We'll either lack mid-team strength or have to gamble on very weak reserves.

With the format changed having weak reserves might not be so bad as you think every team i beieve will have a weakness in there team somewhere.

Think you could be on the money their.

New Post:

Klindt will be off to Wolves. Porsing will be at Lynn. Musielak will not do Britain.

Nielsen would be better than Roynon (Injury prone), Mellgren just rubbish tbh. Heeps never ridden Prem tracks before also Cam has gone backwards in the Champs league.

Swindon will have a weak tail end and it will include Nielsen in the 1-5 imo.

Nielsen in a top five goodbye 2017 season over.
  • Like 1

No it wouldn't Doyle will win every race he is in so Stefan would only need to pick up 3rd places for a 4-2

But nielsen is unlikely to pick up too many third places, and on a 5.5 starting average you really need him to average wrllover 4. He'd struggle to do that ftom reserve, let alone in the main body.

Unless you are Rosco or part of Swindon's promotion then how do you know Nielsen will be in? Before the signing of Ellis I would have agreed but now that's happened I can see a low averaged brit at reserve as the 2nd Brit required.

No it wouldn't Doyle will win every race he is in so Stefan would only need to pick up 3rd places for a 4-2

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Unless you are Rosco or part of Swindon's promotion then how do you know Nielsen will be in? Before the signing of Ellis I would have agreed but now that's happened I can see a low averaged brit at reserve,

Agreed, I think it'll be very top heavy with a couple of 3 pointers at the bottom end.

1. Doyle

3. Ellis

4. Sedgmen

5. Morris

7. Ayres

Something along those lines....not World beaters but should be ok in this strength of league

The club have tweeted that another deal is being worked on, my guess (and it's only that) is that it'll be a foreign rider who's not been in the UK before. A young Dane/, Swede or Pole. Personally I'd love it to be Patrick Hansen, was in Gdansk for the world U21 final this year, the kid has some serious ability at 18....

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

I am also not sure if Stefan in ready for being in the main team, reserve yes if there are points available but that is questionable.

I am wondering if the Sprockets might be revived which would be ideal for Stefan to get more experience on the track and be ready for 2018 and as a guest in 2017 if he progresses.

Nieslen was bought prior to the new rules which may have now altered the clubs plans. They didn't expect Doyle to be 13.41, more like 12. The club have even said as much. This is why I think Nielsen maybe unfortunate & miss out. How do you know what options we do or do not have??? The next signing made will give us a better indication on the make up of our side.

Sedgy has tweeted this morning about how difficult it maybe to get a team place & visa's etc, If he rides over here I can see him not in Swindon's plans for the season, Again, the causality of the numbers game.

Because of the points limit left you will need a 5 point rider in the 1-5 and also why sign Stefan as an asset if you don't plan on using him. Also you don't have many options. Silly names like Porsing are being mentioned on here and Nicklas has publicly stated he will only ride for Lynn. Klindt is a shoe in at Wolves or Leicester. Musielak will not do Britain imo. Musielak has got guaranteed rides in Poland next season in Rybnik which makes a difference from previous seasons.

1. Doyle 13.41

2. Nielsen 5.53

3. Ellis 7.84

4. Probably Batchelor or Sedgmen

5. Morris 8.97

Which would leave just over 6.5 points for the reserves.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Really can't see us getting a rider above Adam's average as well as Nick so think he will be 3rd heat leader.

Yes because you know a lot & Rosco will do his best to do much better.

We're doomed

Chance you take in signing a rider like Doyley and Adam on a 7 + average. You might just avoid religation next season... :rofl:

• Like 1

Doyle,Ellis,Morris, Nielsen,Bellego rumour two to go only rumour though.

I recognise that next season the league has once again been watered down, but some of the Robins's teams that have been 'tabled' so far especially with the inclusion of Doyle, look worryingly weak.

Will Ellis improve? Huge dependency on him to kick on. Has Morris reached his peak? A disappointing season for him last year is of concern. Nielsen in the main body of the side? Surely not.

Whilst there don't appear to be any confirmed signings just yet, the likes of the young Holder, Kurtz Newman and Andersen, immediately look mighty impressive and far more solid for Poole.

Got a feeling Rosco is going to have to find a real golden nugget of a rider from either Denmark or Poland to inspire the Robins next year.

• Like 1