British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

It's all relevant ...to put it another way he average will drop more than the others ...I reckon last year will turn out to a flash in the pan ...as I said a poor signing

What surprised me last year was that he coped brilliantly in the top 5 along with S.Worrall/Garrity.He is a good gater smooth and this year it is alot weaker Poole's loss Swindon's gain.

So, I just thought I will have a go at predicting the next 5 signings.

SWINDON1. Jason Doyle. 13.412. Woryna= 6.513.Adam Ellis* 7.844.Joe Jacobs= 5.365.Sedgmen=7.66.Ayers=3.707.Nielsen= 5.53

Very young team. But Doyle, Ellis, Sedgmen will get you 30 points a meeting easy. Just need the others to improve.

Woryna to follow in his gramp's footseps at Poole.??

is that a real statement? Last year was a flash in the pan?? If all riders have the same season as last year then they will all drop the equivalent of the 1.4 multiplication. This is a weaker league and if Doyle takes it seriously then he will be nigh in unbeatable

Ellis will be poor even in a weaker a league that is my opinion the fact that Poole don't want him tells the story ...Agree about Doyle

Edited by orion

It's all relevant ...to put it another way he average will drop more than the others ...I reckon last year will turn out to a flash in the pan ...as I said a poor signing

I'm kind of with Orion on this. I wouldn't describe the signing as 'poor', more an interesting one. Certainly I agree this is a crucial season for the lad and he needs to kick on from the platform he built at Poole. The challenge though is whether he can do it at a new track with a management that arguably won't be looking after him as well financially as what he experienced at Poole.

Just thinking out loud, Darcy Ward aside, I can't think of too many riders who have improved once they have left Poole.

Ellis will be poor even in a weaker a league that is my opinion the fact that Poole don't want him tells the story ...Agree about Doyle

What a poor post do you believe Newman is a better rider than Ellis? ask the forum what would the vote be or do you always find a reason to snipe at Rossiter's decision's.

I'm kind of with Orion on this. I wouldn't describe the signing as 'poor', more an interesting one. Certainly I agree this is a crucial season for the lad and he needs to kick on from the platform he built at Poole. The challenge though is whether he can do it at a new track with a management that arguably won't be looking after him as well financially as what he experienced at Poole.

Just thinking out loud, Darcy Ward aside, I can't think of too many riders who have improved once they have left Poole.

ER i respect your opinion bigtime sure Poole are a great club but so are Swindon .Ellis improved last year because he worked hard and has talent this year he can go up the ladder again.
  • Like 1

How about Leigh Adams and Jason Doyle - both improved after leaving Poole

• Like 3

What a poor post do you believe Newman is a better rider than Ellis? ask the forum what would the vote be or do you always find a reason to snipe at Rossiter's decision's.

Yet again my opinion is that Newman is better than Ellis but that it all it is an opinion .....whoever he had signed for I would have thought the same .

SWINDON

1. Jason Doyle. 13.41

2. Woryna= 6.51

3.Adam Ellis* 7.84

4.Joe Jacobs= 5.36

5.Sedgmen=7.6

6.Ayers=3.70

7.Nielsen= 5.53

Very young team. But Doyle, Ellis, Sedgmen will get you 30 points a meeting easy. Just need the others to improve.

Think Rosco will come up with something better than that & it will probably be foreign riders as a few will want to double up.

• Like 1

SWINDON

1. Jason Doyle. 13.41

2. Woryna= 6.51

3.Adam Ellis* 7.84

4.Joe Jacobs= 5.36

5.Sedgmen=7.6

6.Ayers=3.70

7.Nielsen= 5.53

That seems like a really poor team to me but I don't really have anything to compare it with this season, if the standard of the Premiership is much lower than the EL as expected then it may not be too bad.

I don't get that if Newman is better than Ellis why has he spent so long at reserve 3 seasons or more?

He was a fast track rider meaning for the first two years he had to stay at reserve ...and Ford no doubt paid him cash in hand to stay a fast tracker

That seems like a really poor team to me but I don't really have anything to compare it with this season, if the standard of the Premiership is much lower than the EL as expected then it may not be too bad.

I think you'll be surprised with what's in store next season.

That is all very well but from reports in the Adver it is possible we will not have any home meetings till June which leaves it a bit of a long time to wait to make any changes.

Good hint shocks.

The team managers will have to think a lot more this year with these screwed up averages. There could be some interesting scores for the first couple of months.

don't know where this info has come from as we will be starting the season in the old girl... (oh er misses) :P

He was a fast track rider meaning for the first two years he had to stay at reserve ...and Ford no doubt paid him cash in hand to stay a fast tracker

When you look at Ellis/Newman's average for me Ellis looks good value,Newman for me is not 1/5 rider can maybe cope at Poole but away tracks no even though i will say he has improved as a rider.