British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Sorry to be pedantic but unless you specify this comment then I can only concur that you have no idea either on how to increase the attendances.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Swindon supporters!

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82747&page=22&do=findComment&comment=2877594

Stop making excuses. It's not our job to have an idea on how to increase attendances (although given my role in marketing I do have some ideas) but it is a job that can be done by the right people.

Again, ask yourself when was last time you was that you personally came across speedway other than by directly attending or looking for it? The promoters are simply not doing enough to promote the sport.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82747&page=22&do=findComment&comment=2877594

Stop making excuses. It's a job that can be done by the right people. Again, ask yourself when was last time you was that you personally came across speedway other than by directly attending or looking for it? The promoters are simply not doing enough to promote the sport.

Some promoters, Matt ford does his job. I cant speak for the others..

Some promoters, Matt ford does his job. I cant speak for the others..

I'm a Poole fan but I'm afraid Matt Ford does not do his job either. He is lucky enough to be in Speedway town that doesn't require an awful lot of promoting. There is already a large following here and all he has to do is put together great teams. If Matt Ford were relocated elsewhere he'd have to do an awful lot more than just bring together great teams.

The only place I've ever come across speedway in Poole (other than by attending) is on the little roundabout signs that say "Poole Speedway". Not really going to attract new audiences with that are they?!

Edited by BurntFaceMan
  • Like 3

Why are Poole fans on a Swindon thread? We constantly get told to go back to our own clubs if we dare to chat on a Poole thread! Seems to me some of them are worried about their inability to keep a world class rider like Swindon have done and are a tad jealous lol

• Like 3

Why are Poole fans on a Swindon thread? We constantly get told to go back to our own clubs if we dare to chat on a Poole thread! Seems to me some of them are worried about their inability to keep a world class rider like Swindon have done and are a tad jealous lol

I think if you tally up combined total of all Poole fans posting in a Swindon threads vs your posts alone in a Poole thread you'd still outnumber us 10 to 1.

Nobody is jealous of Swindon's number 1. Just like nobody was jealous when we had Jason Crump.

b619e81e8a1a8bbbc4c4c5bf3995a3dd.jpg

Edited by BurntFaceMan

I'm a Poole fan but I'm afraid Matt Ford does not do his job either. He is lucky enough to be in Speedway town that doesn't require an awful lot of promoting. There is already a large following here and all he has to do is put together great teams. If Matt Ford were relocated elsewhere he'd have to do an awful lot more than just bring together great teams.

The only place I've ever come across speedway in Poole (other than by attending) is on the little roundabout signs that say "Poole Speedway". Not really going to attract new audiences with that are they?!

your right I don't see much advertising of speedway in and around poole I'm not sure what starry means when he say's Matt doing his job

You really do talk a lot of rubbish! I go on others threads to see who they are going to sign!!
  • Like 1

I think if you tally up combined total of all Poole fans posting in a Swindon threads vs your posts alone in a Poole thread you'd still outnumber us 10 to 1.

Nobody is jealous of Swindon's number 1. Just like nobody was jealous when we had Jason Crump.

I was.

Does anyone actually have the race format for next year to hand? How often do heatleaders meet each other?

It's the Pl format 1 & 5 meet 1 & 5 twice, number 3 meets number 3 twice! However top average rider goes at number 1 rest of top 5 in any order!

Thanks. Yeah I know it's the PL format - I just don't know what that is off hand.

So number ones meet 3 times assuming they ride in heat 15.

Really pleased that Jason has definitely been confirmed as Swindon's No 1 for 2017..

Contrary to the usual suspects from Poole, speedway is not about winning at all costs, it's about entertainment and there's no doubt that Doyley will provide that :t:

And score a ton of points too...

Edited by Yer Ropes
  • Like 2

Thanks. Yeah I know it's the PL format - I just don't know what that is off hand.

So number ones meet 3 times assuming they ride in heat 15.

15-Heat Format for all Premier League Meetings 2016

HEAT RED gate Blue gate White gate Y/B Gate

1 1 c-d 2 a-b 1 d-c 2 b-a

2 6 b-a 7 d-c 6 a-b 7 c-d

3 3 c-d 4 a-b 3 b-a 4 d-c

4 5 c-d 7 a-b 5 d-c 7 b-a

5 3 b-a 4 d-c 1 c-d 2 a-b

6 1 a-b 2 c-d 5 b-a 6 d-c

7 5 b-a 6 d-c 3 a-b 4 c-d

8 2 d-c 7 b-a 2 c-d 7 a-b

9 3 d-c 4 b-a 5 a-b 6 c-d

10 1 d-c 2 b-a 3 c-d 4 a-b