British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

You tell everyone on here that you know what's going on..

Then, when people ask for more info you disappear

Absolutely appalling behaviour ;)

I haven't told anyone I know whats going on at Poole - and I certainly haven't disappeared!!

However at every Poole home meeting I go into the office, I chat with fellow sponsors and journalists and chose to share some of the chit/chat on this forum.

NB I haven't named the second rider even on the Poole 2018 thread let alone any other team's thread. My post #389 on the Poole 2018 attempts to say why?!

I haven't told anyone I know whats going on at Poole - and I certainly haven't disappeared!!

However at every Poole home meeting I go into the office, I chat with fellow sponsors and journalists and chose to share some of the chit/chat on this forum.

NB I haven't named the second rider even on the Poole 2018 thread let alone any other team's thread. My post #389 on the Poole 2018 attempts to say why?!

Skidder has kept the Poole topic interesting based on rumours he heard. Indeed he did not name riders.

The news on Ellis was put out by someone else and to be honest I would never have guessed Ellis from what Skidder had put on the forum.

I was still digging for clues after Ellis name had been put out on a non Poole topic.

For me I say keep it up Skidder as its your kind of info and overheard conversations/rumours/comments which makes the Poole forum interesting and worth looking at.

• Like 1

Cheers, had a 30 year break 1970s-2000s! always preferred Sats

I started going again in 86/87 as I worked next door to Jimmy Nilsens mechanic who got me interested again, I preferred sats too, used to rush across the field and old A419 to car and head to club for snooker and a :drink: or 3 after the match, always finished about 9 then sometimes before, not like todays drawn out meetings and a programme of 20+ home meetings, pretty sure 1998 was start of thursdays. for my sins used to go to Oxford too.

• Like 1

I started going again in 86/87 as I worked next door to Jimmy Nilsens mechanic who got me interested again, I preferred sats too, used to rush across the field and old A419 to car and head to club for snooker and a :drink: or 3 after the match, always finished about 9 then sometimes before, not like todays drawn out meetings and a programme of 20+ home meetings, pretty sure 1998 was start of thursdays. for my sins used to go to Oxford too.

37 home meetings in 1979, with big crowds according to my bruv, a lot of kids can't go on a Thursday as school next day. And some peeps prefer to go out on a Friday and Saturday night.

37 home meetings in 1979, with big crowds according to my bruv, a lot of kids can't go on a Thursday as school next day. And some peeps prefer to go out on a Friday and Saturday night.

Stopped going in 76 after we moved away from Swindon, but do remember the back straight was 10 deep by the bar lol, Saturday nights helped plus the local riders in the team.

Rospiggarna will be shown on Premier on tues or Freeview on wed and thurs in the Swedish play off semi final which might feature both Jason and Nick in the team .

Which channel number?

Jason has come third in the GP final in Teterow tonight scoring 17 points but ending up behind Zagar and Vaculik in the final, but he has increased his lead in the World Championships to 10 points.

Well done Jase

Which channel number?

No idea what the channel number Premier is but on Freeview it is 95 but it has to be an HD tv as 95 is an HD channel.

Times on wed about 9.30 or 10pm, thurs 3.30pm

There is a second meeting which might also be the same club on the day after.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

No idea what the channel number Premier is but on Freeview it is 95 but it has to be an HD tv as 95 is an HD channel.

Times on wed about 9.30 or 10pm, thurs 3.30pm

There is a second meeting which might also be the same club on the day after.

Speedway times now 10pm wed, as stated by Skidder, and now 2pm on thurs

Are you sure AORLOV? Channel 95 is nowhere near HD standard!! Not even sure that Channel 273 - 'Sports Channel Network' - when it starts, is the same service and its certainly not HD either?!

I have two systems, the HD one has 95 and not 273 and the normal system has 273 and no 95. The HD system shows both HD and normal channels but cannot confirm if the 95 channel is putting out an HD or non HD picture, but the picture I get is very sharp and clear.

Edited by A ORLOV

It now states on freeview ch 95 that they are showing live Swedish Speedway at 6pm tonight. I think this is the meeting at Rospiggarna, line up has Jason riding, unfortunately no Nick for Rospiggarna and Tobi riding for Vetlanda.

Ch 95 is also showing speedway at 10pm on wed and 2pm thurs which could be the 2nd leg between these two or a repeat of tonights meeting. Unfortunately the tv guide on screen does not say what meeting is being shown on wed and thurs.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1