British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Final full season at the Abbey lol you been on the beer .

I expect it'll be 'the final full Abbey Stadium season' for some - however unexpected that may be for some fans!!! :shock::shock::wink::wink: :wink: You never can tell what may happen over the winter months??

Repeated below for future reference. :shock::D:nono:

Skidder1, on 21 Jul 2017 - 7:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Aah our 70th Anniversary year!! Who will be celebrating? Who will be riding? Who will be promoting? Who will be managing?

Answers to many of these questions and more will be available in November 2017! lol

Edited by Skidder1

Sorry he probably has a ride to go- however so has Bellego ;)

Edit match called after 13 heats.

Kept checking and wondered why only 13 heats info reported, thanks

So lets re list Polish scores

Nick Morris 3,2,2,2,1,t 10

David Bellego 3,3,3,3,1 13

Jason Doyle 2,3,3,1,3 12+2

Tobi M 1,t,0,1,t,0 2

Adam Ellis 1,3,1,3 8+2

I expect it'll be 'the final full Abbey Stadium season' for some - however unexpected that may be for some fans!!! :shock::shock::wink::wink: :wink: You never can tell what may happen over the winter months??

Repeated below for future reference. :shock::D:nono:

Skidder1, on 21 Jul 2017 - 7:04 PM, said:snapback.png

Depends on the BSPA. Do they want speedway or not ??

the abbey stadium situation is absolutely nothing to do with the bspa starman solely down to the greyhounds and cant see a decision being made this yr massive new streaming contracts being issued jan18 tracks all fighting for share in far east betting markets. and skidder quoting a post he made previously re a possible change in the poole promoting team which several people (sponsers) have also commented on in the last 6 mths or so

It could be just me following the Chris and Batch problems, Jack preferring to ride in Poland I notice today that Jason rode in Poland today but was not fit enough to ride at Rye House last night. Is this a further example of us being shortchanged in the U.K?

• Like 1

It could be just me following the Chris and Batch problems, Jack preferring to ride in Poland I notice today that Jason rode in Poland today but was not fit enough to ride at Rye House last night. Is this a further example of us being shortchanged in the U.K?

I'd say partly down to Rye being tight and tricky but in Poland on the larger track it might of been easier on his injuries but still leave a sour taste to it all the same.

Yes it is, time to get rid of those who don't commit.

Swindon's next meeting is on the 17th. This is the same night as the SEC Best Pairs. Will be interesting to see where loyalties lie.

Don't know if Mike Bowden is still involved in club? Spoke to him at club shop before Xmas, was saying definitely be in new stadium by June. Probably got cheesed off with the delays and walked away.

Record breaking Robins getting a write up in Mirror today.

Edited by beefy keefy

If anyone drives on the A419 after the speedway from the stadium back towards the M4 be warned that from Aug 29th the road will be being resurfaced overnight and sections of it will be closed over different nights from 8pm to 6am.

As usual the report in the local paper is ambiguous and not clear on what sections will be closed when, so check yourselves on local road works nearer the time.

Edited by A ORLOV

And to think people people were moaning about the fact we had loads of meetings in August.

Top of the table, cheap meetings to boot and if we're really lucky, a Somerset win by 7 points at Blunsdon on Bank Holiday Monday.

Luvvly jubbly...

Edited by theblueboy

And to think people people were moaning about the fact we had loads of meetings in August.

Top of the table, cheap meetings to boot and if we're really lucky, a Somerset win by 7 points at Blunsdon on Bank Holiday Monday.

Luvvly jubbly...

It was not so much about all the meetings in Aug it was more about a lot in Aug but very few in June and July rather than the meetings spread out a bit better.