British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

How about every starting Marshall favourite James sergeant.

The cost of replacing numerous sets of tapes each meeting, factored in , might be a sticking point for Tel Russel. Last nights constant stoppages were more than enough as it is.

Gutted for Zach. Got a bit spooked by Wilson Dean coming in underneath him. Clearly wasn't a case of Brad not leaving him anywhere to go as Zach ended up 360-ing. Just a bit of inexperience on both parts most probably.

Massive shame that he's gone from being labelled as an absolute no-hopper by some (usual suspect) Robins fans, before a wheel had been turned in anger, to being completely irreplaceable as a solid scorer, who we now suddenly have to fill a gap for. Hope we see more of him in robins colours in the future.

• Like 3

At least Swindon still have a chance to sign someone.

What happens next week if soneone loses a rider?

It's a crazy rule, brought in because some teams didn't want Poole or Wolves to win the title.

There has to be an allowance for injury replacements. Fans don't want guests and many will be put off.

The nature of speedway means injuries inevitably happen.

It's to stop the promoters cheating lol, as is the deadline.

At least Swindon still have a chance to sign someone.

What happens next week if soneone loses a rider?

It's a crazy rule, brought in because some teams didn't want Poole or Wolves to win the title.

There has to be an allowance for injury replacements. Fans don't want guests and many will be put off.

The nature of speedway means injuries inevitably happen.

I'd say it's a valid rule brought in to prevent cheating like we saw last year when a replacement was brought in due to a "season ending" injury which turned out to be "season ending" only in the UK.

Also don't see how the rule punishes swindon. Instead of finding a permanent replacement with the points available they can choose the best guest by track. Agree they are weakened by the injury.

I'd say it's a valid rule brought in to prevent cheating like we saw last year when a replacement was brought in due to a "season ending" injury which turned out to be "season ending" only in the UK. Also don't see how the rule punishes swindon. Instead of finding a permanent replacement with the points available they can choose the best guest by track. Agree they are weakened by the injury.

Teams need to have their own riders rather than guests. There are far too many guest riders these days and it makes the sport less enjoyable.

I don't see how a team being able to choose the best rider depending on what track they are at is a good thing for speedway, although, in fairness, none of them would be anywhere near as good as Zach if that were the case.

• Like 1

I'd say it's a valid rule brought in to prevent cheating like we saw last year when a replacement was brought in due to a "season ending" injury which turned out to be "season ending" only in the UK. Also don't see how the rule punishes swindon. Instead of finding a permanent replacement with the points available they can choose the best guest by track. Agree they are weakened by the injury.

Weakened is an understatement i really believe this injury could be a reason for us not winning the play/offs for me with Zach injured that helps Wolves alot with there problems still at number 6/7.At home with Adam/ Zach myself i expect 12/15 points minimum at reserve between them with all due respect most guests will do well to score 1 or 2 points.A busy period coming up Kings Lynn (a) Leicestet (h) Rye House (a) be nice to pick up a few points over that period then hopefully win both home matches in the double-header.

Teams need to have their own riders rather than guests. There are far too many guest riders these days and it makes the sport less enjoyable.

I don't see how a team being able to choose the best rider depending on what track they are at is a good thing for speedway, although, in fairness, none of them would be anywhere near as good as Zach if that were the case.

Surely a doctor's note should be anough this spleen injury can be very nasty another crazy rule that i cant get my head around.
  • Like 1

I'd say it's a valid rule brought in to prevent cheating like we saw last year when a replacement was brought in due to a "season ending" injury which turned out to be "season ending" only in the UK.

So a rule made by the British authorities for British League racing should apply to all racing should it?! I bet Chris Holder would love his British 28 day ban to apply everywhere??! lol

So a rule made by the British authorities for British League racing should apply to all racing should it?! I bet Chris Holder would love his British 28 day ban to apply everywhere??! lol

No what we are saying is that once that rider was seen to be riding abroad, the British team should not have been able to continue to use him as it was obvious that this was not a genuine injury replacement! Just sheer cheating & abusing the rules!

• Like 2

28th has passed and no announcement of a replacement for Zach so either we're going with guests or Rosco will be backdating paperwork on Monday!

He borrowed Matts calculator and rule book on thurs which informed him he could get Kildemand on a 3 average.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 3

28th has passed and no announcement of a replacement for Zach so either we're going with guests or Rosco will be backdating paperwork on Monday!

Maybe because Zach is on 3.12, but next month will be on 3.49, so we can get a guest at a higher average than a signing?

Dany Gappmaier is on 4.79 in Div 2. Does that make him eligible to guest?

Surely a doctor's note should be anough this spleen injury can be very nasty another crazy rule that i cant get my head around.

You mean a Doctors Cert. ;)

Maybe because Zach is on 3.12, but next month will be on 3.49, so we can get a guest at a higher average than a signing?

Dany Gappmaier is on 4.79 in Div 2. Does that make him eligible to guest?

No. 3.49 x 1.2 is 4.19 or 4.4 if an extra 5% is allowed for a (home?) guest. Jan Graverson is currently 4.13. So maybe a choice of him, Clegg, Perry, Ayres or Sarjeant match by match?

No. 3.49 x 1.2 is 4.19 or 4.4 if an extra 5% is allowed for a (home?) guest. Jan Graverson is currently 4.13. So maybe a choice of him, Clegg, Perry, Ayres or Sarjeant match by match?

It is a pity that Ayres seems to be under performing this year as he would have been a good guest at Swindon.

If the rider replacing does not have an EL average, don't you divide the guest's average by 1.4?

If the rider replacing does not have an EL average, don't you divide the guest's average by 1.4?

revised conversion this year is 1.2

Is that division of the guest's average? If it is then Graversen fit's.

Gravesen seems to fit but it was Gappmaier that the original query was about. For him its no against his 4.79 although his average in the 2nd tier is falling on each revision at the moment...