British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Clegg is who I'd bring in. 3 average & should do a job as the 2nd reserve.

Ayres rides for Redcar now, Sargeant crashed last night & on his previous appearance at the abbey looked shot to pieces.

Zach has done a brilliant job that he'll be difficult to replace.

Edited by hyabb17

Zach is impossible to replace. Started on a 2 and been scoring around 5 points a meeting lately - genuine points not gifts.

Such a shame, and this could happen any time to any rider in any team - proving the July 31 deadline a bit crazy.

• Like 2

The injury to Zach is a major blow for Swindon but more importantly for him. He has been steadily improving since the start of the season and has been putting in acceptable scores. I just hope he is comfortable and that he can get over the injury soon.

• Like 4

Interesting situation regarding Zach! According to the rules, Rosco has only until midnight today to find a replacement, as the rules say deadline 28th July effective 31st July except riders returning from injury. I take that to mean riders like Brady Kurtz, where Poole have an injury replacement for him. What then happens if another reserve is injured after tonight, a 6 man team? This would be preposterous as reserve replacements are so difficult to find. It's easier in the main body of the team. Surely it would make sense to reword the rule to read "except for injured 6-7".

• Like 1

Interesting situation regarding Zach! According to the rules, Rosco has only until midnight today to find a replacement, as the rules say deadline 28th July effective 31st July except riders returning from injury. I take that to mean riders like Brady Kurtz, where Poole have an injury replacement for him. What then happens if another reserve is injured after tonight, a 6 man team? This would be preposterous as reserve replacements are so difficult to find. It's easier in the main body of the team. Surely it would make sense to reword the rule to read "except for injured 6-7".

A season ending injury will fall into the exempt category I'd imagine.

Really gutted for Zach he has been a huge part of our success this year improved with every meeting.A real tough job for Rosco now to get someone to replace him i wonder which way he would go.Maybe get someone who might get 1/2 points a meeting or maybe take a punt on a exciting youngster if available therefore looking to the future i hope he might go for the second option.

I'm sure there is an exemption for injuries after the dead-line.

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th July with the effective date being 31st July, except

for riders returning to the Team after injury.

less sure now???

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th July with the effective date being 31st July, except

for riders returning to the Team after injury.

less sure now???

Neal Watson on another thread confirmed no injury replacements after deadline. So presume it would need to be guest coverage in case of injury to a reserve.

Neal Watson on another thread confirmed no injury replacements after deadline. So presume it would need to be guest coverage in case of injury to a reserve.

Missed that. So looks clear then.

Swindon look to be in the same position as Wolves are by trying to replace a rider that's almost impossible to replace.

Gutted for Zach who seems to have made a proper break thru this season.

Have had the pleasure of watching him grow in his first 2 seasons.

Tough on Zac. Nasty tumble. Speedy recovery for the lad.

No replacements allowed. The reason being a rider could be replaced by feigning an injury. Unless Rosco makes a change today it should be guests. Doesn't really make Swindon much weaker as Swindon will use the horses for courses.