British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Where are you getting MPT average from?

I see now rode for two teams, oops

No one knows what limits will be set after first set of averages are achieved, probably something ridiculous.

They will certainly make sure some team doesn't gain for a rider like Jason losing points of his average by bringing it new riders.

Tbf Klindt would effectively be the third heat leader. not much value in the averages of kurtz/nielsen though. be better off upgrading one of those to morris (who would be first name on my list) and dropping the other for a 2 pointer.

Like this?

Doyle 13.41

Harris 9.21

Morris 8.97

Wright 6.59

Klindt 5.42

Ayers 3.7

2 pointer 2.00

Would give us a good top 3 as long as Nick regained his form. Darryl Richins would have been good as a final reserve to give us a couple of "Sprockets", but it looks like he is a 3 pointer so too high.

Todd Kurtz (him again!)in for Wright would enable us to fit Richins in at 49.47.

Would the 2 pointer be able to be replaced once Doyle's average drops? A possibility. Bring Richins in then.

Edited by grachan

Klindt to Swindon is the latest rumour

I expect Klindt to pretty much everyone will be a rumour at some point.

• Like 1

13.41!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

With the new stadium not even started yet and te season only 4 months away. Where the hell are people going to park next season, as te car park is where the new stadium is meant to take shape?

Sometimes this forum is like some weird delusional fairy tale. With the rubbish the "SGB Premiership" is serving up this season I'd be very surprised if any club could bank enough money to invest in a stadium.

With the new stadium not even started yet and te season only 4 months away. Where the hell are people going to park next season, as te car park is where the new stadium is meant to take shape?

Not a problem. Crowds will probably be halved anyway.

• Like 2

13.41!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's all relative. The points limit is 50, so it's not a realistic figure anyway.

If you take a team average to be around 42 - 42/50 = 0.84.

So, to use a well used TV phrase, Doyles average in "real terms" is 11.26.

It's all relative. The points limit is 50, so it's not a realistic figure anyway.

That's brilliant. If I were new to speedway I'd be really interested in finding out more about this sport that has complex and ever changing rules, almost no distinction between top and lower divisions and team averages that require mathematics and explanation to make sense of.

In a watered down league Morris will be in IMO, he still miles betters than most. People forget he rode all season as a heat leader, no easy rides like some have had.

The rumours can all end now

BREAKING | After recent speculation we can confirm @Jasondoyle43 WILL be leading us into the 2017 season on a 13.41 average.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 3

Correct...

And given the standard of likely opposition you would expect him to score 12 to 13 a night at least off his usual five rides...

12 points is over 25% of the way to victory off one rider so well worth a team place with the total average now being 50...

Correct...

And given the standard of likely opposition you would expect him to score 12 to 13 a night at least off his usual five rides...

12 points is over 25% of the way to victory off one rider so well worth a team place with the total average now being 50...

Plus, of course, there's the possibility of tactical rides, particularly away from home, which could be worth a further 3 points on his score that don't count towards his average.

Great to see he's still included in the side after the AGM revelations.

• Like 1

Glad we have not missed a trick like Poole have concerning Holder great to have Doyley back great news.

Glad we have not missed a trick like Poole have concerning Holder great to have Doyley back great news.

Let's see who wins the league. I have ultimate respect for Swindon, but on this occasion wrong decision. I wanted Chris so bad, but it just means a weak 6,7 in your team. Newman has beaten Woffy, sure he can take Doyle on. Hhahahah.

I wanted Holder back however their was no point in signing Chris because we would end up with a weak tail end of the team.

With all due respect Swindon wont stand a chance of making the Play-Offs because their team will be Un-balanced with a poor engine room imo.

How I hope we end up above Poole at the end of the season.

• Like 1